Why do you still root for the U?

Beef Stew

Freshman
Real talk. Why are you still a fan of the University of Miami football team?

I'll be honest... if I didn't attend the school, I wouldn't be a fan anymore.

This admin clearly doesn't care about the fans, winning clearly hasn't been a priority for the past decade, and then they insult you by shoving ****wads like Blake James and Al golden in your face.

They run away and try to distance themselves from everything that was ever cool about the U... the 30 for 30 and all that.... those days are never coming back

For real, if you didn't attend the U, you're off the hook. Do yourself a favor man... go root for Oregon.

I wouldn't put up with any more of this garbage if I didn't feel like I had to.

Advertisement
It's a toss up between The U and North Florida right now. UNF doesn't have a football program.

Swoop!

I love Miami and what they stood for. **** everybody its us against the world. But now with this man golden I can't take it no more

Advertisement
Because they are my childhood team. Most of us here either played with or against a guy who played at UM. Or we had a neighbor or cousin or a guy who we knew who played for the Canes.

****, I was a college athlete at Fresno State and I have no problem with them sucking. That's just where I went to college. My charitable donation pennies have gone to UM over Fresno State like 8 to 1.

l_4a229f50-afbf-11e1-b839-2b5e2fb00003.jpg

Advertisement
The Hurricanes I grew up watching were about everything I admired as even a little kid:

- ultimate competitiveness
- aggression
- independent attitude
- never back down

We're literally about none of those things now, but the connection runs too deep to sincerely root for anyone else. If we're dead, which we're not, so be it.

Last edited:
I've been circling the Oregon, Auburn, and Tennessee bandwagons ...

If this admin doesn't demonstrate a willingness and competency to compete for national titles within the next 24 months, my 4-year old might only have a distant memory of Daddy being a Cane fan ...

Advertisement
There all I i iw ever since I was 6. I can't not root for them. As frustrated as I get, I still rep the **** out the []_[]

I knew who Ron Frasier was long before I knew who the president of the united states was.

Advertisement
You pick a team once and stick with it so long as it's possible (they exist). The Hurricanes I grew up watching were about everything I admired as even a little kid:

- ultimate competitiveness
- aggression
- independent attitude
- never back down

We're literally about none of those things now, but the connection runs too deep to sincerely root for anyone else. If we're dead, which we're not, so be it.

That's fine for some people, not everyone thinks that way. Me, I don't think you owe a football team a **** thing.

I mean, I liked McDonalds cheeseburgers when I was a kid, now I prefer a nice steak.

In reality, being a fan is kind of like being a chump. You have literally zero say in the program, and, the only time your voice counts is if you're willing to make someone's pocket a little fatter.

Football is a great sport if you're a player. Or a coach. Or an admin. Those ppl all have skin in the game and get to call the shots. Fans get to sit on the sidelines and cheer.

I guess I'm just done with being a chump fan. Give me a product worth watching and I might pay attention. Or don't, and I'll ignore you just like McDonalds or any other product I don't want.

I guess I just don't understand the undivided loyalty some fans have for a team that doesn't give a single **** about them in return. A lot of ppl think that way.... I just don't get the mentality.

Been a fan since 83', but now for the first time I don't care.. I can't even get upset about how bad they play.. After the first half of the VA, I haven't watched anymore.. Don't care enough to waste my time anymore.. I would rather watch the penguins mate on animal planet..

I relate to what they represented. I love The U. Everything about the program. As long as they play I will watch them and invest in them. Also, I own far too much memorabilia of the autographed variety to turn back.

Advertisement
Back