Why did Ray Lewis drink TWO gallons of water per day?

I was thinking back on some youtube vids I watched about him, and for some reason this is the one thing that stood out to me.

I know there's a lot of big time strength/speed coaches on here, this seems like over kill does it not?

When I was in Bootcamp they nearly forced us to drink 12-15 Canteens of water everyday. That's 3 gallons minimum every day lol.

Advertisement
And a 6 foot tall recruit would weight 202 at max. Lewis is over 250 requiring even more water.
Yup. I think I was 150 at bootcamp cheating on my paperwork to make it seem like I met the 12 canteen quota for the day, while actually draining down 9 which is still 2 gallons. All depends on how active you are. Im sure Lewis did more physically stressing activities throughout the day than we did at bootcamp too. 2 gallons for him isnt a surprise at all.

Yup. I think I was 150 at bootcamp cheating on my paperwork to make it seem like I met the 12 canteen quota for the day, while actually draining down 9 which is still 2 gallons. All depends on how active you are. Im sure Lewis did more physically stressing activities throughout the day than we did at bootcamp too. 2 gallons for him isnt a surprise at all.

No doubt. 2 gallons for a 255lb man working out a crazy amount in south florida heat is not surprising at all.

To flush the weed out his system
What I was thinking....but didn't want to be the first to say it.

I remember back in the '80's when AD Sam Jankovich bragged about our drug testing program.

BTW, anybody still using the Whizzanator?

Advertisement
Not really. I was drinking close to two gallons a day boxing in NYC at 200 lbs. Ray lewis is what 265 lbs and in south Florida. I can see me drinking the additional .4 gallons a day in that heat and that much more weight on me.
I don't think Ray was anywhere near 250 or 265 when he was at UM. I just watched a '94 game on YouTube and he didn't look nearly that big.

anyone who drinks that much water is an idiot.

water in general is not needed. it will dehydrate you even more. that's why when you drink some, you crave more water.

the reason you get thirty is from all the salt and drying cooked foods you eat. period.

the big companies like pepsi and coca cola put out that lie back in the 70's to sell more bottled water. no one drank 8 cups a day and everyone was healthy.

anyone who drinks that much water is an idiot.

water in general is not needed. it will dehydrate you even more. that's why when you drink some, you crave more water.

the reason you get thirty is from all the salt and drying cooked foods you eat. period.

the big companies like pepsi and coca cola put out that lie back in the 70's to sell more bottled water. no one drank 8 cups a day and everyone was healthy.
F-ing Retarded is too good of a word for this Porst...

Advertisement
i can debate you and and destroy on on this topic

name me 1 animal on earth that drinks water everdday, radio.
You can't Destroy ****....My GF is a Critical Care RN....Stop your Buffoonery...Only a complete F-ing Moron would even attempt to try to convince someone Water isn't vital...Tell that to ANY Doctor or especially urologist, and they'd laugh your uneducated *** outta their office...

You can't Destroy ****....My GF is a Critical Care RN....Stop your Buffoonery...Only a complete F-ing Moron would even attempt to try to convince someone Water isn't vital...Tell that to ANY Doctor or especially urologist, and they'd laugh your uneducated *** outta their office...

like i said your GF and DR don't know ****.

i asked your *** a question, what animal on earth drinks water everyday?

answer the question and quit brining up your stupid GF who most likely thinks eating fruit and veggies are healthy.

i'll 100% destroy your *** in any debate

like i said your GF and DR don't know ****.

i asked your *** a question, what animal on earth drinks water everyday?

answer the question and quit brining up your stupid GF who most likely thinks eating fruit and veggies are healthy.

i'll 100% destroy your *** in any debate
Only thing you'll Destroy is a D*ck in your ***...another Hawaiian Meth head....Dumb F*ck....Go to bed faqquit...

Advertisement
I was thinking back on some youtube vids I watched about him, and for some reason this is the one thing that stood out to me.

I know there's a lot of big time strength/speed coaches on here, this seems like over kill does it not?
The average person should drink about an ounce of water per pound a day. Athletes and people who are active should drink much more. 2 gallons a day is not that much. I drink about 1 - 1 1/2 gallons a day and I'm only 195.

Advertisement

He drank 2 gallons per day because he realized everyone else was only drinking 1. Winners win.

The Orlando cook is at it again. “Fighting” with another poster over necessity of drinking water. Amazing how the cook has a short fuse when someone questions his so called knowledge of various matters. He then reverts to profanity in a post aimed at his “adversary”. Orlando boy has an abundance of hostility in his life. Very strange dude. 60 year old groupie shows pictures of himself with players and coaches. Now showing picture of himself and his girl friend.(bow-wow). He may be the only poster that shows pictures of himself and acquaintances on cis. Appears to me that Orlando is seeking love and attention on cis to compensate for the lack of respect and attention he receives in the real world.

Working the way those guys worked, I could see it. It's a lot of water, but hey, it's Miami - you lose water just walking to your car here. There are days when I put in a tough workout, and it almost seems impossible to drink enough cold water after to quench that kind of thirst.

Advertisement
Back