Why did Ray Lewis drink TWO gallons of water per day?

Advertisement
OCCC ......you are swimming in liquid.........no need to order any drink.....

Nah...that's in addition to the one or two drinks I have with dinner.

Also, I don’t have diabetes or anything like that. I know excessive thirst and urination are symptoms of diabetes, and I get checked twice a year for everything. I’ve always drunk a lot of water ever since I was little kid.

2 gallons … seems easily doable, but it also shows he has the ability to drink that much water. Many people do not. Water intoxification actually kills people.

Yes if you are at rest, sedentary, of course drinking 2 gallons of water is too much. Maybe even in a day. But if you’re active and outdoors, exercising, sweating like a pig, 2 gallons is nothing over a day.

Water intoxication is an incredibly super rare thing, just off the top of my head, the only time I’ve ever heard of somebody actually dying or having to be hospitalized is because of crazy stuff like a ritual or fraternity hazing, that type of thing. Where people are forcibly drinking too much water as part of some prank. It’s nearly impossible to do because you just naturally reject drinking that much water if your body doesn’t need it.

I’ve weighed myself before and after exercise sessions. If they are particularly grueling, there are times where I have literally lost 3-4+ pounds over s couple of hours. It’s all water of course. But we’re mostly made up of water anyway.

Last edited:
I drink alot of water (Purified) a day...No Soda at all...except a Ginger Ale now and then...Soda is literally Poison...Also consume alot of Cranberry Juice...

Everyone needs to drink a fair amount of water each day. Most people don't.

Athletes in a hot/humid environment need to crank it up a lot more to perform near the top of their game.

You lose it quickly if you're down just a little bit with hydration.

Very important.

I was thinking back on some youtube vids I watched about him, and for some reason this is the one thing that stood out to me.

I know there's a lot of big time strength/speed coaches on here, this seems like over kill does it not?

I drink alot of water (Purified) a day...No Soda at all...except a Ginger Ale now and then...Soda is literally Poison...Also consume alot of Cranberry Juice...

Advertisement
2 gallons over an entire day isn't that big of a deal. Especially if you're an athlete who's exercising a lot in the Florida heat. I've spent a majority of my adult life working in repair shops with no air conditioning. I'd probably drink close to a gallon at work alone.

I drink alkaline water, completely decarbonated.

If you're not up on it, go online & order you a few cases of Essentia.

I also drink Tamarind, Jamaican Apple, Ponche de frutas or any kind of homemade drinks with Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Calala, Coconut Or Sapodilla. All natural stuff none of that processed sh*t that kills your liver.

Although it sounds like a lot, it's really not. Especially when working out in S. Fl. I've actually been drinking that amount in bourbon on weekends since Sept. 2, 2018.
People tell me all the time I look much younger than I am, but I too consume a lot of Bourbon on weekends and 1-2 drinks weekdays. I do drink a lot of water, but probably not what's recommended.

Advertisement
Looks like someone was fed soft drink as a youngster. Most people drink a lot of water unless over stimulated by sugar drinks at a young age.

I drink alkaline water, completely decarbonated.

If you're not up on it, go online & order you a few cases of Essentia.

I also drink Tamarind, Jamaican Apple, Ponche de frutas or any kind of homemade drinks with Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Calala, Coconut Or Sapodilla. All natural stuff none of that processed sh*t that kills your liver.

Good stuff.

I’m totally the opposite. I don’t even think about it or realize it, until I go out for dinner. My water glass will get refilled four or five times at dinner. That’s how I know I drink a lot of water. The waiter keeps having to come over and refill my glass. I’ve always been like that. I have to have a lot of water even when I eat. No way I could sit down to a meal without water.

OriginalCamelCamelCamel

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I had to run outside in this heat everyday I would have to do the same. If you dont the cramps will eat you alive

That’s an acceptable amount for someone his size who plays/practice is the South Florida heat.

It’s great for hydration. I only drink water and some almond milk at times which is basically water and almond. Haven’t had a soda in about 5 or six months

Advertisement
Back