Why are they playing thread...

Ghandi

Junior
This thread is meant to be agnostic, and more about discussing players that obviously lack the physical talent to play at the level of football Miami would like to play in the immediate future.

+DJ Scaife - outside of the physical limitations, he's always good for a few impactful mental gaffs. If he can't be coached up, why is he still out there?
+Big Baby Seymore - Is not 6'2, and is not 315lbs. He's more like 5'11 and 280lbs. He's got zero arm length and can't win 1:1. Why is he the first one off the bench? Washington, McLaughlin, and McCoy are just bigger bodies. They can't play?

This is Mario and his boyfriends position. Why are these guys getting rolled out there to do what they obviously cannot!?

+Chris Graves, Dunson, and Jaden Harris are raw, but they have physical gifts others do not. Not many snaps for these guys in a lost season. Why?

Still shocked by how bad Miami looked last night. It was truly a gruesome performance by all parties.

Worst part? Mario isn't going to do anything to fix any of this crap. The most shocking conversation I had last night was that Cristobal wasn't considering making staff changes at the end of the year - and I quote - "unless the wheels fell off this thing".

This was last week. You guys should prepare for decommitments on the offensive side of the ball this year, and for that side of the ball to fall behind, because THIS IS MARIO'S VISION. This is his scheme. The minute they saw a crack in the door to retry this sh*t, they scrapped the changed they made to incorporate Lashley's scheme back to this dog****.

Advertisement
This thread is meant to be agnostic, and more about discussing players that obviously lack the physical talent to play at the level of football Miami would like to play in the immediate future.

+DJ Scaife - outside of the physical limitations, he's always good for a few impactful mental gaffs. If he can't be coached up, why is he still out there?
+Big Baby Seymore - Is not 6'2, and is not 315lbs. He's more like 5'11 and 280lbs. He's got zero arm length and can't win 1:1. Why is he the first one off the bench? Washington, McLaughlin, and McCoy are just bigger bodies. They can't play?

This is Mario and his boyfriends position. Why are these guys getting rolled out there to do what they obviously cannot!?

+Chris Graves, Dunson, and Jaden Harris are raw, but they have physical gifts others do not. Not many snaps for these guys in a lost season. Why?

Still shocked by how bad Miami looked last night. It was truly a gruesome performance by all parties.

Worst part? Mario isn't going to do anything to fix any of this crap. The most shocking conversation I had last night was that Cristobal wasn't considering making staff changes at the end of the year - and I quote - "unless the wheels fell off this thing".

This was last week. You guys should prepare for decommitments on the offensive side of the ball this year, and for that side of the ball to fall behind, because THIS IS MARIO'S VISION. This is his scheme. The minute they saw a crack in the door to retry this sh*t, they scrapped the changed they made to incorporate Lashley's scheme back to this dog****.
I just want to know what Gattis and Ponce have been doing with Garcia and Brown in practice for the last two weeks.

DJ scaife can false start a 100 times and still some will say he is good player.. Guys like him and flagg will be pumped up in offseason and then some will wonder why we suck next year.. Its a looong list of players who have a ton of experience but the experience is they suck but we still play them over the young players.. We get same result and these more experienced players seem to get worse, blowed out by more and we STILL GET THE L in ugly fashion.. The morale of team must be terrible because guys like Scaife look like they give ZERO FUUCKS but still feel entitled to start

Advertisement
On the OL, some of that is injury. McClaughlin and McCoy have been banged up. I don’t think they are thrilled to play Big Baby.

With the CBs, Graves is the most gifted but he is immature. It makes some sense because he came in younger than his grade.

On the OL, some of that is injury. McClaughlin and McCoy have been banged up. I don’t think they are thrilled to play Big Baby.

With the CBs, Graves is the most gifted but he is immature. It makes some sense because he came in younger than his grade.
on the long td play was blades supposed to be over the top? he got sucked inside and Ivey wasnt happy with him...

I just want to know what Gattis and Ponce have been doing with Garcia and Brown in practice for the last two weeks.

@DMoney or Mods - delete this one if you want.

Ponce and a few other assistants just aren't on the same page that Gattis is on. And I mean that both professionally and personally. These guys just don't get along.

As a result, you can see that in the way the QB's are coached and how they perform in the scheme that has no buy-in from the QB coach and the players that are tasked with executing it. He's teaching these guys concepts that are antithetical to the dog**** Gattis calls.

Here's a good example -
+Ponce spends the Monday install part of practice on smash and layer concepts for the QB's. The drills don't reinforce what Gattis is calling on most plays on gameday.
+7v7 portion of practice looks like a clown show due to lack of reps in the actual scheme.
+Rinse. Repeat.

Advertisement

The answer is simple…….the alternatives right now aren’t better. With that said, barring injuries that prevent it, I wouldn’t be opposed to just playing young guys and taking the lumps with them now. It’s not like there is anything to lose at this point.

Ponce and a few other assistants just aren't on the same page that Gattis is on. And I mean that both professionally and personally. These guys just don't get along.

As a result, you can see that in the way the QB's are coached and how they perform in the scheme that has no buy-in from the QB coach and the players that are tasked with executing it. He's teaching these guys concepts that are antithetical to the dog**** Gattis calls.

Here's a good example -
+Ponce spends the Monday install part of practice on smash and layer concepts for the QB's. The drills don't reinforce what Gattis is calling on most plays on gameday.
+7v7 portion of practice looks like a clown show due to lack of reps in the actual scheme.
+Rinse. Repeat.
If true the solution to this is clear.

Advertisement

I thought McLaughlin had been cleared to return the week of VagTech, which is why I threw him in the options. McCoy is one I didn't know was too injured to play since he's been practicing.

I thought McLaughlin had been cleared to return the week of VagTech, which is why I threw him in the options. McCoy is one I didn't know was too injured to play since he's been practicing.
I heard McCoy was nicked. They like those two and feel less favorably about Seymore so I don’t think it’s a coach’s pet situation.

So either a.) Mario and Mirabal have packed it in and came here to retire b.) the kids on the OL suck c.) Mario and Mirabal have all of a sudden forgotten how to coach the OL

Highly doubt it is C, could be A, most likely it's B.

CIS begs for the backups to come in and they **** the bed every time...Gaynor sucks bring in Clark, Clark sucks bring in Seymore. Gurvan Hall sucks bring in Jwill and Tae, now Jwill and Tae suck. We have a coach that needs elite players to win 9-10 games a year. Add that he brought the wrong guy as his OC and we have this garbage.

Advertisement
i disagree on ivey this year. mainly safeties have blown coverages on long passing plays. its apparent when we play zone the safeties have no clue how to play it.

100% disagree here.

The guy whiffs every jam opportunity he's had all season, leading to guys (who also sucked on the back-end) not having enough time to get to their spots.

How far back do you want the safeties? In the parking lot?

If you play them too far back, Ivey is getting dusted on every slant under the sun. If you bring them up to cover that gap, he's 6-steps behind the slowest guy on the field.

Here's a good example -
+Rinse. Repeat.
Ponce is getting thrown into this but this isn’t his offense or philosophy. Which matters when you hire a staff. This thing never aligned.

100% disagree here.

The guy whiffs every jam opportunity he's had all season, leading to guys (who also sucked on the back-end) not having enough time to get to their spots.

How far back do you want the safeties? In the parking lot?

If you play them too far back, Ivey is getting dusted on every slant under the sun. If you bring them up to cover that gap, he's 6-steps behind the slowest guy on the field.
then how did he outrun the receiver for the int. come on dude.

Mario strikes me as a guy who keeps his cards close and that comment of “I’m not considering staff changes at the end of this year” is in line with that. I’m not too bothered by what he supposedly said bc gattis is gone and has been a goner for a bit.

I’m guessing a guy like addae is also gone too.

Advertisement
Back