Why are they playing thread...

So either a.) Mario and Mirabal have packed it in and came here to retire b.) the kids on the OL suck c.) Mario and Mirabal have all of a sudden forgotten how to coach the OL

Highly doubt it is C, could be A, most likely it's B.

CIS begs for the backups to come in and they **** the bed every time...Gaynor sucks bring in Clark, Clark sucks bring in Seymore. Gurvan Hall sucks bring in Jwill and Tae, now Jwill and Tae suck. We have a coach that needs elite players to win 9-10 games a year. Add that he brought the wrong guy as his OC and we have this garbage.
Mario and Mirabal brought with them Sagapolu and Denis and they are no better than the incumbents who were here even after 3 years of being coached up by the great Cristobal and Mirabal.

Advertisement
Ponce is getting thrown into this but this isn’t his offense or philosophy. Which matters when you hire a staff. This thing never aligned.

The issue is how he's handling it as a professional.

Ponce is QB Coach + Passing Game Coordinator.

Gattis is being a complete ******* (just being honest) and is not taking Ponce's input in the passing game. For what reason, I don't know.

Mario is made aware, who corrects it from a leadership perspective, but does not begin to follow thru as a leader to ensure his remedy is being applied.

Ponce retreats and is just coaching the QB's as an unassociated QB coach would do in the off-season (working on broad concepts, fundamentals, etc.) along with limited film review and drills for present scheme.

That side of the ball is a complete disaster.

The issue is how he's handling it as a professional.

Ponce is QB Coach + Passing Game Coordinator.

Gattis is being a complete ******* (just being honest) and is not taking Ponce's input in the passing game. For what reason, I don't know.

Mario is made aware, who corrects it from a leadership perspective, but does not begin to follow thru as a leader to ensure his remedy is being applied.

Ponce retreats and is just coaching the QB's as an unassociated QB coach would do in the off-season (working on broad concepts, fundamentals, etc.) along with limited film review and drills for present scheme.

That side of the ball is a complete disaster.
Thats what happens when you build a staff like it’s a fantasy football draft lol.

Mario strikes me as a guy who keeps his cards close and that comment of “I’m not considering staff changes at the end of this year” is in line with that. I’m not too bothered by what he supposedly said bc gattis is gone and has been a goner for a bit.

I’m guessing a guy like addae is also gone too.

I'd hate to tell you bro, he's not that cunning or smart.

He's just not.

Look at the product on the field. If he could scheme at that level, he'd get the guys he hired to get along.

I know losing magnifies everything, but this is insanely discombobulated for a guy who's getting $8M a year.

Advertisement
Mario and Mirabal brought with them Sagapolu and Denis and they are no better than the incumbents who were here even after 3 years of being coached up by the great Cristobal and Mirabal.
I mean PFF and other sites had Oregon as a Top 10 line prior to the season starting so there's that

Advertisement
The one I don't get at all: Brantley!

One week after taking heads off at UVA, the kid hardly gets snaps all while we going 80% run!

12 Personnel:
Brantley/Dom, Mallory/Skinner, George/X, Young/Ladson
Yet, they ran Mallory + Skinner in 12 expecting them to block well!

@DMoney or Mods - delete this one if you want.

Ponce and a few other assistants just aren't on the same page that Gattis is on. And I mean that both professionally and personally. These guys just don't get along.

As a result, you can see that in the way the QB's are coached and how they perform in the scheme that has no buy-in from the QB coach and the players that are tasked with executing it. He's teaching these guys concepts that are antithetical to the dog**** Gattis calls.

Here's a good example -
+Ponce spends the Monday install part of practice on smash and layer concepts for the QB's. The drills don't reinforce what Gattis is calling on most plays on gameday.
+7v7 portion of practice looks like a clown show due to lack of reps in the actual scheme.
+Rinse. Repeat.
Gattis sucks and is seemingly an *** to go along with being a ****** coach. However, this does not absolve Ponce and the others if they are purposefully going off on their own. It does quite the opposite. They know they are here for a year and they know the chain of command. Put your ego aside and figure it out. It isn’t helping anyone, including the players, acting like that.

They where back-ups at Oregon, but they're also hurt.

That was also a problem for both of these guys at Oregon.

Gattis sucks and is seemingly an *** to go along with being a ****** coach. However, this does not absolve Ponce and the others if they are purposefully going off on their own. It does quite the opposite. They know they are here for a year and they know the chain of command. Put your ego aside and figure it out. It isn’t helping anyone, including the players, acting like that.

I agree.

I'm making a case for cleaning house and letting a coach bring in his guys.

Ponce and some others can't be trusted to be professionals.

Advertisement
Since you mentioned how far a safety is supposed to be back on the Ivey / Blades long TD, it isn't roughly 5 to 8 yards from where Ivey was. You want them roughly 20 yards off the ball, not lined up like they're up covering a WR.

Backups, they must really look bad to not see some minutes. Dunson last year looked horrible. McLaughlin, I said when he was inked he'd likely never see any real meaningful time ever here. He literally was one of the worst looking prospects I've ever seen signed.

Your answer is simple, the backups are even worse.

They where back-ups at Oregon, but they're also hurt.

That was also a problem for both of these guys at Oregon.
This is their 3rd year with Mario and Mirabal and haven’t looked good when they have played. Not a good look for either.

The injuries during Mario’s tenure at Oregon and now at Miami is also very concerning.

Advertisement
I'd hate to tell you bro, he's not that cunning or smart.

He's just not.

Look at the product on the field. If he could scheme at that level, he'd get the guys he hired to get along.

I know losing magnifies everything, but this is insanely discombobulated for a guy who's getting $8M a year.

Oh trust me, I’m not labeling him as some sort of football savant that is always 5 steps of everyone. I think he does some things well and not showing his cards of what his upcoming decisions are is something he does well. Now, whether or not he makes the right hire is an entirely different issue which should scare people.

Advertisement
Back