Who's Playing Friday Night @NC State?

Advertisement
Have you ever exerted yourself outdoors in sixty degree weather?
For the kids flying around running into people it doesn't pose an issue. But for those who stand around and enter the game cold, I do think it takes a little getting used to. Ultimately it's not the altitude, it's the attitude. We've seen Miami teams go up north and slap teams around but the high humidity on Friday night worries me I won't lie. Cold and moist hasn't always played to our advantage. For a team that trains in the heat all year, colder temperatures present a new challenge that requires some mental toughness.

Advertisement
For the kids flying around running into people it doesn't pose an issue. But for those who stand around and enter the game cold, I do think it takes a little getting used to. Ultimately it's not the altitude, it's the attitude. We've seen Miami teams go up north and slap teams around but the high humidity on Friday night worries me I won't lie. Cold and moist hasn't always played to our advantage. For a team that trains in the heat all year, colder temperatures present a new challenge that requires some mental toughness.

Can you tell me what you think the ideal temperature and humidity range is for us to play.

Can you tell me what you think the ideal temperature and humidity range is for us to play.
Glad to. Let me first say that if it's going to be cold (under 70 degrees for those of us from South Florida) then it's ideal for us to play in lower humidity. We train all year in temps 80 or above so the warmer the better. Dropping these kids into a different climate means adjusting. For some I'm not so sure it happens that easily.

It never fails...a thread that initially discusses one issue morphs into a thread about something completely unrelated. We went from discussing who is likely to play against NC State to debating temperatures and its impact on the game.

Never change, CIS.

Last edited:
Glad to. Let me first say that if it's going to be cold (under 70 degrees for those of us from South Florida) then it's ideal for us to play in lower humidity. We train all year in temps 80 or above so the warmer the better. Dropping these kids into a different climate means adjusting. For some I'm not so sure it happens that easily.

Thanks.

We should always attempt to play in ideal temperature, humidity, and wind conditions.

Do you know if any consideration has been given to self-contained environmental units to be worn under a players uniform to keep their body temperatures and skin surface, at the precisely perfect temperature and humidity range, and thereby enhance our performance in climates different from our South Florida one?

I would think with a advancements in technology, this should be a high priority, and would lead us to a future of thermoregulated enhanced performance - as long as the NCAA approved, but since we already use GPS, I can’t imagine they would object.

Advertisement
This weather thing is a pet peeve of mine. Man the f up. Canes go to BUF, Green Bay, NY etc and don't have a problen. Never ever pack those big *** winter coats when its over 40 degrees. Ever.

Thanks.

We should always attempt to play in ideal temperature, humidity, and wind conditions.

Do you know if any consideration has been given to self-contained environmental units to be worn under a players uniform to keep their body temperatures and skin surface, at the precisely perfect temperature and humidity range, and thereby enhance our performance in climates different from our South Florida one?

I would think with a advancements in technology, this should be a high priority, and would lead us to a future of thermoregulated enhanced performance - as long as the NCAA approved, but since we already use GPS, I can’t imagine they would object.
Good question.

If the College Gameday crew can be fitted with suits to keep them cool while broadcasting from the southern United States in September, then Miami (Fla.) should make it happen because the technology exists. Manny Diaz is ****-bent on trying hard to be the unconventional modern football coach and this would set him apart. Great idea.

Advertisement
2010 Sun Bowl against ND. Miami was dressed for a Canadian winter and most of ND players were wearing short sleeves.
I was on the field and it was colder than chit. It was a beautiful scene with the mountains surrounding the stadium covered in snow.

Boston college in 2018? I knew we lost that game the second we broke the tunnel
I was at that game and GT in 2018. We put up a fight in each game but our players coming off the field couldn't wait to get on those heated benches. Felt bad for the ones standing on the sideline with nothing on since the team chose not to wear protective gear to prove their toughness.

I was on the field and it was colder than chit. It was a beautiful scene with the mountains surrounding the stadium covered in snow.
I mean I get it that’s cold as **** to those who live in Florida. What was it 30-40 there? Miami looked miserable the entire game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back