Who would you compare Stacy Coley to?

poncho0091

Senior
So to start this question, the context it came up in was a fantasy football league keeper draft where we draft developmental players (guys still in college). I'm taking Coley and one member was a bit surprised I was so high on him (not for lack of talent, just not enough national exposure yet) and asked me who he would be comparable to. I have my thoughts, but before I post mine, I just wanted to see who you guys would compare him to of any NFL players we've seen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a tall guy who's shifty and elite kind of fast. I honestly, see more of a shorter Randy Moss, great speed, smooth in and out of cuts. Can make you miss and will undoubtedly run away from you in the open field. The other guys seem shorter than him, I see him as a kid that can win a jump ball, Desean and Santana don't tend to win jump balls....

Chad Johnson when he was a beast. Maybe Desean Jackson.

I've seen people mention Chand and Stacy may be about his size but they do not resemble eachother on teh field IMO.

Stacy is much more explosive, can cut on a dime. his ceiling is higher than Chads IMO

Advertisement
If you're comparing to an NFL player I do like the DeSean Jackson comparison, some of you guys may not like this one, but I think Coley is comparable to Jacoby Jones. Can get behind a defense as well as make people miss every so often.

Another player I think he is a lot a like is in the NCAA, De'Anthony Thomas. If Coley were at Oregon, he'd play in that same role, but with more passing touches I think.

Honestly he doesn't play like anyone I've ever seen I kinda wanna say Crabtree but he's faster then I think of Amari cooper would be my best comparison

Mike Wallce

1.jpg

172.jpg

Last edited:
his explosiveness is Percy Harvin-esque

that may be the best comparison at this point TBH. lets hope that he develops his game in all facets so that he is a complete WR

Advertisement
Even though he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, Sammy Watkins.

I actually had him on par with Deandre Hopkins or even AJ Green. I never felt like those guys had electric moves, but they had good moves and speed which I feel like Coley has. As I go back and watch some highlights, I feel like he's close to Watkins but I think Watkins is just a little more flash and quickness in his moves than what Coley has. With that said, the Watkins comparison is not too far off though.

mike wallace is just a deep threat he has no yac ability in his game. if comparing a bigger desean jackson or a less powerful sammy watkins.

Advertisement
Even though he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, Sammy Watkins.

I actually had him on par with Deandre Hopkins or even AJ Green. I never felt like those guys had electric moves, but they had good moves and speed which I feel like Coley has. As I go back and watch some highlights, I feel like he's close to Watkins but I think Watkins is just a little more flash and quickness in his moves than what Coley has. With that said, the Watkins comparison is not too far off though.

to me coley a little faster than sammy.

Last edited:
It is hard to compare him to anybody but he is a faster and quicker version of Chad Johnson. He has Chad's body, body control and ball skills. Chard was a 4.55 4.6 guy Stacey should run in the low 4.4's and he should have a better shuttle time by a good margin

Advertisement
Back