Who will prove themselves a corch in 2016?

Who will prove themselves as a corch this

• Helfrich

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Mcelwain

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Malzahn

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Strong

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Helton

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Peterson

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Sumlin

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Strong

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waterfall

Band
Banned
You can only select people who aren't considered corches yet. Therefore you can't pick somebody like Will Muschamp who everybody knows is a corch.

My votes, in order
1. Mark Helfrich, Oregon- Does he have a picture of the Larry Coker-Frank Solich handshake prior to the 2002 Rose Bowl in his office? If he doesn't somebody needs to give him that picture.
2. Butch Jones, Tennessee- He's going into year 4 with a 5-7-9 win pattern. I think we know all too well what happens in year 4.
3. Jim McElwain, Florida- That was the most awful 10-4 season I ever saw. Inevitable regression the next year.
4. Gus Malzahn, Auburn- No more kick 6s. He's seeming a bit like Gene Chizik, except without a national title ring

5. Clay Helton, USC- I can't believe USC made a hire this awful. Thought of excluding this because everybody knows he's a corch already. Well except for the USC administration that is.
6. Chris Peterson, Washington- Does not seem at all like he's a great coach in the Power 5. At least he's not as bad as Dan Hawkins was at Colorado.
7. Charlie Strong, Texas- Can be included in this since not all people realize he's a corch yet. Some people are blaming his corchiness on Mack Brown.
8. Kevin Sumlin, TAMU- Manziel is gone

Last edited:
Advertisement
you're forgetting an obvious one (hint: a whiney hillbilly now in athens).

Advertisement
you're forgetting an obvious one (hint: a whiney hillbilly now in athens).

We'll see about Smart. Don't think it was worth firing Richt to hire him but who knows.

Smart was a big name and even if you don't agree, who should they have hired instead of him?

I'm happy as a pig in **** that we got him, pinning my hopes on our recruiting base and Richt having renewed vigor as a coach at his alma mater.

Having said that, as fans we would've been calling for his head the last decade or half decade were he here posting those win and loss records.

Gus and Strong will have a tough time of it, but I don't think anyone on the list will reach corch status. The past two fellas here redefined the word corch.

The only reason this guy isn't on the list is because we've already deemed him extremely corchy, right?

james-franklin-facepaint.jpg

Advertisement
Agree with all yout picks except Clay Helton

Yep. I'm not sold on Helton but it's premature to include him here and I don't really see a scenario where he'd end up deemed a corch after basically 1 year.

Advertisement
And this guy sweats corch juice, right?

View attachment 37609

That's exactly why I excluded Bielma. But who is the picture of the other coach you posted?

The Black Al Golden. Resides at Alfredo's alma mater.

Yeah I excluded James Franklin for that reason.

But I thought Randy Shannon was the Black Al Golden. Well since Shannon came 1st I'm more tempted to call Al Golden the white Randy Shannon actually.

And this guy sweats corch juice, right?

View attachment 37609

That's exactly why I excluded Bielma. But who is the picture of the other coach you posted?

The Black Al Golden. Resides at Alfredo's alma mater.

Yeah I excluded James Franklin for that reason.

But I thought Randy Shannon was the Black Al Golden. Well since Shannon came 1st I'm more tempted to call Al Golden the white Randy Shannon actually.

While I'm never shy to lump Radio in with any heap of garbage, Golden and Franklin share a similar buzzword heavy shtick. Franklin's is just a more "caffeinated" version of nonsense. Radio couldn't really communicate at all or he'd probably have had better jobs since his departure. Nonetheless, I digress now that you've established the Vandy rape cover-upper as already corchy.

Since Strong is listed twice, can I vote for him twice?

Advertisement
I wouldn't include Bielma necessarily as he's had a strong run at a power 5 team. Is he awesome? Only at eating but I wouldn't quite place him in "corch" category. Maybe if Arkansas can't get anything going in the next year or two he can lay claim to corch.

It's a toss-up between Sumlin and Helfrich honestly, as both of their teams seem to be progressively getting more terrible.

I wouldn't include Bielma necessarily as he's had a strong run at a power 5 team. Is he awesome? Only at eating but I wouldn't quite place him in "corch" category. Maybe if Arkansas can't get anything going in the next year or two he can lay claim to corch.

It's a toss-up between Sumlin and Helfrich honestly, as both of their teams seem to be progressively getting more terrible.

18-20 overall and 7-17 in conference at Arky. Has lost at least 5 games every year there. I'm fine discounting his Wisky run and saying he's crossed over into Corchland. His personality only exacerbates it.

Advertisement
Back