Who will lead to team in rushing in 2012?

Who will lead the team in rushing?

• Lamar Miller

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Mike James

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Eduardo Clements

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Duke Johnson

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
If Miller goes pro which I think he will then I really like Eduardo Clements and the way he hit holes this year. 5.5yrd per carry on 15 attempts this past year.

Advertisement
My vote goes to Clements, my only question would be how he handles being the workhorse. But by all indications he looks to be the heir apparent. I have to think that Lamar is gone to the league. Mike James will continue to do his thing, which is be a reliable all around back. I'm interested to see what happens with Duke and Darion Hall.

If guys like Dyer, Lattimore, Crowell can have early success in the SEC then Duke can do the same in the ACC.

We all like James and Clements but both of those guys are pretty limited.

James will probably be the workhorse but he's simply not that good. Duke will steal carries early and often.

Duke Johnson

I went with Clements. Miller is going to the League, and I don't think we'll see any 1,000 yard rusher unless Duke is better in pass protection than most freshman. So, I'm predicting Clements gets 650 yards, James is a close second with about 600. Clements breaks two or three more long ones over the course of the year than Smiley.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think James will end up being the workhouse.

Agreed. James strikes me as the type of guy who gets better the more carries he gets. He doesn't have the suddenness of a change-of-pace back.

Ideally, we keep Duke and OT as fresh as possible. Not only are both guys smaller, but they can really help on special teams (OT on coverage units, Duke on returns).

If Miller leaves,I think James will lead! James is a good all around back.

Last edited:
I don't see Miller coming back so he's out.

I see Mike James stepping up Damien Berry style being our workhouse with spells from EC primarily and Duke being our joker playing everywhere on the field.

Advertisement
I went with Clements. I'll wait for Duke to be crowned a Greentree All American before considering him for next years production.

Clements is my guess but he and James will be close.

James will get more carries but EC will have a better average.

Hopefully we get 1500 between them. The line "should" be good so that's a boost.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back