Who to replaced Al Golden with

Advertisement
The better question...is the university capable of conducting an intelligent and thorough coaching search.
We are not good at that.

Any assistant from the 99-02 teams would win a championship within 2 weeks. Heres my list in no particular order:

Chud
Shannon
Cristobal
Kehoe
Coker
Schiano

All of those guys are basically Butch Davis. Next best thing since Butch is unavailable.

Did you seriously put Shannon and Coker in that list? Two proven failures here at Miami.

Any assistant from the 99-02 teams would win a championship within 2 weeks. Heres my list in no particular order:

Chud
Shannon
Cristobal
Kehoe
Coker
Schiano

All of those guys are basically Butch Davis. Next best thing since Butch is unavailable.

Did you seriously put Shannon and Coker in that list? Two proven failures here at Miami.

And Schiano has consistently lost everywhere he has been

Advertisement
I'm not even asking for a high priced, big name hire or anything close to that ....just give me a young aggressive coach with some semblance of intelligence.

You mean, like, someone who once coached at Temple, for example?

With all due respect, this Young And Hungry Up And Comer stuff encourages the BOT to go out and hire the Low Bidder. Like Al.

The problem with your statement is that you're ignoring the REAL ISSUE...and that's the ability of those currently tasked with safeguarding the program to make a sound decision.

When I say "give me a young aggressive coach with some semblance of intelligence" ...I mean give me someone that fits that description assuming the person making the hire has some semblance of intelligence.

We need change throughout....simply firing the coach and hiring another one does nothing if the same moron making the first mistake is tasked with making a new mistake. This program needs a thorough cleansing.

Advertisement

Chud
Shannon
Cristobal
Kehoe
Coker
Schiano

And Schiano has consistently lost everywhere he has been

So take those 3 off the list.

You guysm are so literal.

The better question...is the university capable of conducting an intelligent and thorough coaching search.
We are not good at that.

That is because our whole process is so backwards. Why does the university need to be involved?

What you should do is hire a competent AD with full autonomy to run the athletic department?

After you find this person. You back the *** off and allow them to run the department.

The current system brought us to where we are today. We have BOTs that are incompetent and lack accountability. We had a president that didn't give 2 chits. We have an AD who is a retarded puppet. This is a deadly combination and explains why it has been a long time since we had any success.

I'm not even asking for a high priced, big name hire or anything close to that ....just give me a young aggressive coach with some semblance of intelligence.

With all due respect, this Young And Hungry Up And Comer stuff encourages the BOT to go out and hire the Low Bidder. Like Al.

The problem with your statement is that you're ignoring the REAL ISSUE...and that's the ability of those currently tasked with safeguarding the program to make a sound decision.

When I say "give me a young aggressive coach with some semblance of intelligence" ...I mean give me someone that fits that description assuming the person making the hire has some semblance of intelligence.

We need change throughout....simply firing the coach and hiring another one does nothing if the same moron making the first mistake is tasked with making a new mistake. This program needs a thorough cleansing.

Even if it's a young upcoming coach they should have archived something.
Winning the conference-bowl wins....unlike Golden when we got him.

Advertisement
Advertisement

We actually don't disagree.

See, Al is going to be fired at some point. Now you and I know what the logical thing to do will be: hire Butch or someone who CAN win with State of Miami kids who can fence off the area south of the I-4 Corridor and restore the program to the point that we can compete for an NC.

But that's NOT what WILL happen, because we've seen this BOT adopt the path of Least Resistance over a period of 15 years now. They'll hire some Unknown from the MidAmerica conference and claim to the Fans (with he help of their Press Bootlickers) that he's the Next F**king Lombardi. Meanwhile, you'll have people like Laz getting on QAM claiming that Jesus came to him in a dream claiming that this New Coach would win 5 Ships in a row.

And, oh by the way, the Program needs a THOROUGH top to bottom Stalin Purge, exactly as you suggest. That Blake James interview that popped up this week didn't happen by accident. The man knows the trains are leaving for Siberia soon, and he doesn't want to be on them. I have a distinct feeling that as the UHealth fiasco begins to make itself felt throughout the System, anyone associated with Donna is going to be Purged by the BOT at some point as they clean up the mess.

Things haven't been right in the Gables since Butch left town. Not saying that Butch is the Second Coming, but if the BOT wanted to restore confidence and stability to the Prgram after Al's Buyout happens, hiring Butch would be a good first step.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back