Who sticks at RB and who bails?

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
Assuming Walton ends up reclassifying, we will have 3 top RBs committed. And Scarlett is claiming us in his top 3.

There is no way on Earth we are signing 4 elite RBs.

There is virtually no way on Earth we are signing 3 of them.

So who sticks and who bails?

My guess is Cronkite sticks, with Walton a maybe. Im betting Williams ends up decommitting.

The likeliest scenario is we only end up with 1 of these guys. It sucks but its the reality of how things go these days, unless for some reason we just blow it up this year and end up in a BCS game.

I would say there is at least a FAIR chance we could snag two of them. IMO if we could land two of Cronkite, Williams and Walton I would be doing backflips.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight into odds on who sticks? I know there is a lot of talk that the Williams thing is far from a done deal, which leads me to think he's the likeliest to bolt.

Advertisement
I have heard, I think Pete said it, that Walton would have a very hard time reclassifying and that it most likely won't happen. That said, I think Cronkite and Walton stick as they would most likely be in two separate classes. I have no idea on Williams as I never really heard much about him until his recent commitment and now there are stories stating he will be all over the place for the remainder of his recruitment. While I would love to have all 3, I will be happy with the 2 to go along with Gray if the recent news is true.

The likeliest scenario is we only end up with 1 of these guys. It sucks but its the reality of how things go these days, unless for some reason we just blow it up this year and end up in a BCS game.

This would be unacceptable considering we already have two studs committed, including one in Cronkrite who by all accounts is a solid commit who's looking to be a leader of the class.

Can't afford to lose Williams. He's an elite difference maker with the ball in his hands and is exactly the type of talent we need to be bringing in to get where we need to go as a program. He should be the top priority of any of the backs, IMO.

I also wouldn't assume Walton ends up reclassifying. Part of me hopes he remains a 2016 recruit because he can be the clear-cut RB headliner of that class if he sticks.

Williams and Cronkrite at RB is an A+. I'm perfectly happy with that and hope that ends up being our RB haul this year. Then add Walton in '16.

They all have such different running styles its really hard to not want all. Williams is the only one i see un committing because Walton and Cronkite are not going anywhere.

Advertisement
We are only taking 2 RBs because this is a small class. I don't see Walton reclassifying and I don't think the staff really wants him to. Cronkrite should stick but Williams I doubt he does. Scarlett may get in if Williams decommitts but he would be a hard pull because I don't see him wanting to compete with Cronkrite for second on the depth chart so I would expect the second back to be from out of state.

I have heard, I think Pete said it, that Walton would have a very hard time reclassifying and that it most likely won't happen. That said, I think Cronkite and Walton stick as they would most likely be in two separate classes. I have no idea on Williams as I never really heard much about him until his recent commitment and now there are stories stating he will be all over the place for the remainder of his recruitment. While I would love to have all 3, I will be happy with the 2 to go along with Gray if the recent news is true.

Yeah. Apparently reclassifying isn't very likely so I don't expect Walton to have an impact on this class of RBs.

Count me in the group that hopes Walton can not reclassify and ends up being our RB in 2016.

We already have two studs committed for 2015 in Cronkrite and Williams, and are looking to be signing a small class.

2 RBs is all we need in this class, can't get greedy with thinking we have a chance to land those 2 plus Scarlett.

That would be like last year when early on everyone on here thought we had a great shot to land Sony, Cook, & Yearby and only ended up with Yearby.

I could see this^^^ happening with Cronkrite being the only one sticking.

For some reason I have a hard time believing that we hold onto Williams, so continuing to recruit Scarlett is a must, and if he commits, let the chips fall, b/c I def don't see Cronkrite bolting.

Walton reclassifying throws a big monkey wrench into this and next years RB recruiting, so I'm not gonna lie, I would really rather see him stay in the 2016 class.

I absolutely agree on hoping Walton stays a 2016 guy. It is much better for us if he stays a 16 recruit. That said, I think barring a hugely successful season, Cronkite is probably who we will end up with, with a second guy from OOS for depth. A quality 3 star kind of kid IMO. Should we be able to keep BOTH Cronkite and Williams, or snag Scarlett to replace Williams, or Walton does reclassify and sticks, it would be a GRAND SLAM, but unlikely. And two of Cronkite, Williams, Scarlett and Walton would be phenomenal. That said, unless we have a fantastic year, I think guys should keep their hopes in check and prepare themselves for the very real possiblilty, and IMO probability that we end up with JUST Cronkite, and maybe a second 3 star guy as depth. The second guy would be ASSUMING Gray does not get in and end up at RB.

Advertisement
I think guys should keep their hopes in check and prepare themselves for the very real possiblilty, and IMO probability that we end up with JUST Cronkite, and maybe a second 3 star guy as depth.

I get what you're saying, but people aren't going to keep their hopes in check after two of the guys this board has wanted as badly as anyone have already committed.

If the headliner of this class and our best current commit (Williams) ends up flipping, people are going to flip s***. And justifiably so. Hopefully we end up on the winning side of a recruiting roller coaster for an elite talent after losing so many of those late battles in the last cycle.

I think guys should keep their hopes in check and prepare themselves for the very real possiblilty, and IMO probability that we end up with JUST Cronkite, and maybe a second 3 star guy as depth.

I get what you're saying, but people aren't going to keep their hopes in check after two of the guys this board has wanted as badly as anyone have already committed.

If the headliner of this class and our best current commit (Williams) ends up flipping, people are going to flip s***. And justifiably so. Hopefully we end up on the winning side of a recruiting roller coaster for an elite talent after losing so many of those late battles in the last cycle.

Highly sought after running back from Gator recruiting area that few expect to stay committed predictably flips and all **** should break loose?

It will. But it shouldn't. Re-crootin.

People just may flip out if Williams decommits but the staff isnt thinking that way at all. They are almost expecting it to an extent.

People just may flip out if Williams decommits but the staff isnt thinking that way at all. They are almost expecting it to an extent.

Your being too logical and making sense, oh oh, jimmies to be rustled.

Advertisement

Highly sought after running back from Gator recruiting area that few expect to stay committed predictably flips and all **** should break loose?

Exactly. Guys just never seem to learn, no matter how many years they follow this stuff and no matter how many times it happens. Williams was a very pleasant surprise, but the Gates are hurting at RB, and didnt really land a headliner last year after losing Cook to FSU. This kid is from their backyard. With Cronkite the local kid on board, and who was probably our top realistic target, Id say odds are this kid will probably flip. Its HIGHLY unusual these days for two top/elite RBs to go to the same school in the same class these days, UNLESS the school is on top, like Bama, FSU right now, or USC was a few years back. For everyone else, if you can land a marquee RB, one elite is usually the best you are going to get. Obviously there are exceptions, like UGA last year with Chubb and Phony, but that tends to happen more in the $EC than anywhere else.

Why would we assume Walton is going to reclassify?

All signs point (no not just Pete) to that being a longshot

Regardless if we dont win a lot of games this year we are going to miss out on a ton of studs in our backyard....again

Advertisement

Exactly. Guys just never seem to learn, no matter how many years they follow this stuff and no matter how many times it happens. Williams was a very pleasant surprise, but the Gates are hurting at RB, and didnt really land a headliner last year after losing Cook to FSU. This kid is from their backyard. With Cronkite the local kid on board, and who was probably our top realistic target, Id say odds are this kid will probably flip. Its HIGHLY unusual these days for two top/elite RBs to go to the same school in the same class these days, UNLESS the school is on top, like Bama, FSU right now, or USC was a few years back. For everyone else, if you can land a marquee RB, one elite is usually the best you are going to get. Obviously there are exceptions, like UGA last year with Chubb and Phony, but that tends to happen more in the $EC than anywhere else.

**** happens every single year and never works out.

Go back to the year we were supposed to get Patrick Peterson, Brandon Harris, and that stud DB that ended up at USC. TJ...something or other.

Two years ago we were supposed to get all of the DL we wanted, Bryant, Bostwick, the other "B" guy that ended up at LSU. Rinse. Repeat until we are a legitimate powerhouse again.

Why would we assume Walton is going to reclassify?

All signs point (no not just Pete) to that being a longshot

Regardless if we dont win a lot of games this year we are going to miss out on a ton of studs in our backyard....again

I dont know, I thought there seemed to be indications from his end over the last few days that it was a very real possibility, and Pete's contact with Harris didnt exactly shoot it down, just said he's working on getting it done. Seems the kid has really been going all in to make it happen, not just ******** off. Im not assuming its going to definitely happen, but it seems like its more of a possiblity now than it was a few months ago. Just sort of thinking hypothetically here as to what happens if he DOES reclassify. We would be sitting on 3 ELITE Committed RBs. But WAY early in the process, IMO we have no where to go but down in that situation.

i think walton should reclassify if he can the kid would be to old for high school ball if he stays why not reclassify and play with your age group... we need rbs and you know how this recruiting thing goes you cant trust no commits untill they sign... plus if we sign scarlet williams and cronkrite with gray and yerby on the depth chart i dont see walton coming to miami

I hate it when the talk about a certain commit is that we will be lucky to hold him almost right after he commits because most of the time it becomes fact. Collins comes to mind also the Jacksonville LB we lost to FSU in the last week of recruiting. Hope this will not be the case here?

Advertisement
Back