Who starts at QB vs Pitt?

Advertisement
Assuming TVD is not healthy enough to play?

11 can not throw well enough to sustain drives. Pitt has a solid DL and will sell out to stop 11 from running and force him to throw.

13 throws ok but can’t run. He also has no pocket presence and never feels the rush.

In my opinion you go 2 qb system next week and if one gets hot roll with them. We have to make Pitt think defensively.
Narduzzi willl play 1 on 1 outside and put 8 in the box..... count on it
TVD has taken his last snap here unless CMC radically changes his offensive philosophy
sit CMC down and let him watch BAMA, OSU,USC TCU etc. being bad in a rebuild is ok but Boring
no wonder Duck fans were not shedding tears went CMC hit the bricks

Advertisement
Garcia throws a ball and it is intercepted. Brown is afraid to throw a ball because he is worried about an interception. I go with Garcia.

Assuming TVD is not healthy enough to play?

11 can not throw well enough to sustain drives. Pitt has a solid DL and will sell out to stop 11 from running and force him to throw.

13 throws ok but can’t run. He also has no pocket presence and never feels the rush.

In my opinion you go 2 qb system next week and if one gets hot roll with them. We have to make Pitt think defensively.
Machacha

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Advertisement
I'd say it doesn't matter but Corch Dooz is a bum and we somehow have mostly had Pitt's number even when we blow- which has been most of the time.

I'd probably alternate between Matocha and Jayden George and then run a little Wildcat with Restrepo taking snaps.

Advertisement
The only thing I’d like to contribute to the conversation is the fact that we shouldn’t rule either of these QBs out of our future plans based on these performances. Our “potential heisman and first round” QB went from 300 yards a game to unable to complete a forward pass that isn’t intercepted against MTSU. There is clearly some type of disconnect in the offense making ALL the QBs struggle.

Advertisement
Garcia. He had that fumble, but pocket presence is learned with time.

He’s an actual QB, not an option RB. Threw some good balls vs Clemson and no picks.

My opinion as well.

I think Garcia has a much higher ceiling than folks here realize. I really hope he does not leave after this season. He has the potential to be a legit QB1.

I'd like to see Garcia get the lion's share of the snaps against Pitt.

I would start JB 100% but it comes down to play calling. This game should be an aggressive approach letting it all hang out. Crossing patterns, long outs, deep balls, and roll outs where JB can run or throw. Garcia is a sitting duck and for my money I would play the kid. All JB needs is better coaching and more game time experience to refine his skills. For the people here to bash JB I laugh my *** off. The kid is a raw talent and what has our staff done to help him, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Garcia is not nearly as talented as JB and is a turnover machine that doesn't scare any defense. Unfortunately, both kids are handicapped because the offensive coaching and game planning is **** poor.

Advertisement
Back