Rumor Who Should Miami's "3"-5-5 Be?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU and VT have to be locks. We've played VT every year since 1992. (If you wanna vomit, we're only 15-15 in those 30 games).

The other one will likely be Pitt or Duke. The ACC has tried to make those our "rivalry" teams the last game of the season several times.

I would expect that, if they really do go with this model where you have 3 teams locked in every year, they'd almost certainly keep them where the Coastal teams 3 opponents are current Coastal teams, Atlantic the same, etc. Over the past 15 years, some natural rivalries have developed. For example, I don't think it makes sense for Miami's 3 opponents to be FSU and then 2 other Atlantic teams. I'm sure it'll be FSU and then 2 current Coastal teams since we already play them every year. Has to be VT and one of Pitt, Duke, or maybe UNC?

Advertisement
FSU and VT have to be locks. We've played VT every year since 1992. (If you wanna vomit, we're only 15-15 in those 30 games).
Man I had to go back and check because we’re 7-3 in the last decade. From 95-2011 They went 12-5 against us.

Advertisement
I like that rotation I would **** FSU, VT and GT. GT draws more Miami fans at GT then probably any other road game. And it is easy to get tix

GT would be great as well. I know we want to continue recruiting Georgia, so that would be good for us as a program to continue playing games in GA every other year.

I think. recruiting wise, the homerun would probably be VT and GT. You want to recruit GA and VA as much as possible. Playing Pitt or BC or Syracuse does nothing for us.

Man I had to go back and check because we’re 7-3 in the last decade. From 95-2011 They went 12-5 against us.

Yeah, the run when we were on probation skews it for sure. They beat us 5 in a row from 95-99.

We are 7-3 in the last 10, which is good. But they won the 3 before that (and 5 outta 6), so really it's 7-6 in the last 13, 8-8 in the last 16. Bottom line, it's been pretty even since it became an annual rivalry. Their longest streak is 5, as I mentioned. Our longest streak is 3 (2000-2002). But we have won back to back three different times (14-15, 17-18, and currently on a 2 game streak vs them, 20-21).

Advertisement
Back