Who is the team you will be rooting for next season??

Advertisement
Sell outs. I might not support, but ain't no sell out.

Someone explain to me what's the problem with selling out? Do you owe Donna Shalala a favor or something?

I mean... this isn't the same canes team you grew up with. The old BOT is gone, Tad Foote is gone, Sam Jankovich is gone, Jimmy Johnson is gone, his whole staff is gone, Michael Irvin, Vinny Testaverde, all those guys are gone.... the old uniforms are gone, the old stadium is gone.....

The Canes are literally a different team today, with no tie whatsoever to the past. Except Art Kehoe. Bless his soul.

It's called loyalty. I wasn't loyal to just one person to begin with. And while I disagree strongly with the coach, I'm still a Miami Hurricane, and will be for the next XX years until I'm gone. If you're a real fan, you aren't just a fan during the good times; That's what's wrong with selling out. What is even the point in being a fan, if you are just going to change your favorite team based on how good they do?

If you pledge your loyalty to a team no matter how bad they do, you end up with the Chicago Cubs. You give the powers that be no reason to invest, because they know they're getting paid no matter what.

As much as frontrunning fans from the city of Miami get heat for being "bad fans," they're actually the best kind of fans for the success of a program. Team owners in Miami know they need to put a good product out there for people to show up, so that puts pressure on them to do just that.

As a consequence, Miami sports teams have historically always been really good. I can't really remember a time that some team in Miami hasn't been winning championships and all the teams sucked at the same time. That's not common.

Frontrunning fans are the best thing that can happen to the success of a team. Sends the message to to the powers that be.... put a good product out there if you want to make money in this market.

Sell outs. I might not support, but ain't no sell out.

Someone explain to me what's the problem with selling out? Do you owe Donna Shalala a favor or something?

I mean... this isn't the same canes team you grew up with. The old BOT is gone, Tad Foote is gone, Sam Jankovich is gone, Jimmy Johnson is gone, his whole staff is gone, Michael Irvin, Vinny Testaverde, all those guys are gone.... the old uniforms are gone, the old stadium is gone.....

The Canes are literally a different team today, with no tie whatsoever to the past. Except Art Kehoe. Bless his soul.

It's called loyalty. I wasn't loyal to just one person to begin with. And while I disagree strongly with the coach, I'm still a Miami Hurricane, and will be for the next XX years until I'm gone. If you're a real fan, you aren't just a fan during the good times; That's what's wrong with selling out. What is even the point in being a fan, if you are just going to change your favorite team based on how good they do?

If you pledge your loyalty to a team no matter how bad they do, you end up with the Chicago Cubs. You give the powers that be no reason to invest, because they know they're getting paid no matter what.

As much as frontrunning fans from the city of Miami get heat for being "bad fans," they're actually the best kind of fans for the success of a program. Team owners in Miami know they need to put a good product out there for people to show up, so that puts pressure on them to do just that.

As a consequence, Miami sports teams have historically always been really good. I can't really remember a time that some team in Miami hasn't been winning championships and all the teams sucked at the same time. That's not common.

Frontrunning fans are the best thing that can happen to the success of a team. Sends the message to to the powers that be.... put a good product out there if you want to make money in this market.

I'm a Raiders fan. Basically the same thing as being a Cubs fan. That doesn't mean I can't root for other teams too. But if someone asks me what team I'm a fan of, I will say the Raiders. For instance these past 3 years I've been rooting for the 49ers to make/win the superbowl. But this year when the 49ers played the Raiders I was betting on the Raiders to win and **** talking my *** off to all my friends that like the 9ers. That's the difference. As for baseball, I'm not really a fan of any team, I just root for the A's and Giants. In Basketball I root for the Warriors, and am a fan of Kobe. I'm only a fanatic about the Raiders and Hurricanes. They are apart of who I am.

Advertisement
Canes, but I'll be watching Oregon a lot more.

You have more reason than anyone to root for this Canes team. Didn't they bring your son in, let him run through the smoke, have him with the team, etc?

Man the rest of us are just regular fans with no skin in the game, but that's some real **** right there that goes way beyond football.

If I were in your shoes, I would be the biggest Canes/Al Golden supporter out there. I'd be pretty ******* grateful for what they did.

Advertisement
Whoever is playing Miami. The quicker Al is destroyed, the quicker we can have a small chance to stop being a garbage bag of a program.

6-7 didn't do it, so here's to a 3-9 campaign with multiple on-field fights, and off-field arrests.

Yep.

The real answer to "because I'm not a little *****" as someone put it earlier is rooting against Miami. I can take a nice fat 4-8 record if it means we get back on track in the long run.

Whoever is playing Miami. The quicker Al is destroyed, the quicker we can have a small chance to stop being a garbage bag of a program.

6-7 didn't do it, so here's to a 3-9 campaign with multiple on-field fights, and off-field arrests.

Yep.

The real answer to "because I'm not a little ****" as someone put it earlier is rooting against Miami. I can take a nice fat 4-8 record if it means we get back on track in the long run.

Well I was more answering where I'd be a fan of, as I'm pretty sure the OP got the idea from a diff thread talking about why should we still be fans of the U. Still I'll never actually root for a different team unless it's clear we aren't having a good season. For instance, every year I root for the Raiders to make the playoffs and just win. But right around mid way through the year, it's obvious the direction the season is headed.
No matter what though I will always root for us to kick FSU's ***.

Advertisement
You already know, University of Miami!!!

I hate the situation of the program. I hope Golden and most of the staff fly, but root for other teams is just bitter.

CANE THROUGH THICK OR THIN, players and coaches come and go, the U is the only thing left.

I can understand anybody not buying season tickets or putting money in the program until changes are made but rooting for another team? You must have never been a Cane to begin with.

Advertisement
I'm a Miami Hurricane through and through. I could never imagine replacing my canes with another program. Having said that, if I had no choice and had to chose it would probably be Michigan. I am a big fan of Jim Harbaugh. I love his coaching style. I love how tough, physical and smart his teams are. Much respect for what he accomplished at Stanford and in the three year span from 2011 through 2013, the 49er's were the best team in the NFL.

I also envy Michigan and their fans because that administration proved that they want to win and return to the college football elite. They want to be the best so they hired the best. Kudos to them. It must be a very exciting time to be a Wolverine right now. I want so much to experience the energy and excitement that hiring a great coach brings.

Meanwhile dow in Coral Gables, we have a **** of an AD who talks about seeing progress coming off a 6-7 season. After the 4th season the AD is openly patronizing an angry fan base by talking about "progress". We have a head coach who couldn't coach the 01 Canes to a BCS game if he had the opportunity. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have a staff so inept that they couldn't cobble together a winning season playing in the power 5's worst division with the ACC's top rated QB, and a legendary RB who had over 2000 all purpose yards and became Miami's all time leading rusher.

In addition this rosrer boasted a WR corps that most staffs would die for, a 1st round talent at LT and an NFL TE. All this talent plus Perryman, Grace and Kirby at LB and Chad Thomas, Tyriq McCord and Chickillo on the DL. Bush, Howard, Burns, Elder, Carter in the secondary as well. I know I didn't have to go into detail like that but I had to. I must underscore and can't emphasize enough what an inept collection of clowns this staff is. I simply cannot get over how god awful they are. All this and they are all still employed because the BOT is completely clueless, the current president secretly hates our history and tradition and this troll installed her nauseating little cuck Flake James to be her personal sock puppet as the AD. So yeah, I do envy Michigan. This nightmare cannot end soon enough. Is it Monday yet?

Same crew -- Miami, USC, Stanford, Georgia Tech, and Notre Dame. Pretty much in that order.

I love how I annoy both Miami fans and USC fans by refusing to hate Notre Dame. That Sunday morning highlight show from my youth with Lindsey Nelson was awesome.

Stanford is dependent on maintaining their current gorgeous style of physical play, and likewise Georgia Tech with the option. I also reserve potential favoritism to Michigan now that Harbaugh likely will transfer the straight ahead fullback/tight end approach to that school. The confrontations with Meyer should be must-see theater within a couple of years once Harbaugh has his stamp on the roster and the style of play. Reminiscent of Harbaugh vs. Carroll at both USC and in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back