Who is the new commit?

Sulphur, La. —

District 3-5A

Second Team

Defense

DL–Jacoby Briscoe, Carencro; D'ondre Chanet, Acadiana; Dequan Phillips, Carencro; Demicus Broussard, Acadiana. LB–Dylan Derouen, Comeaux; Evan Campbell, Sam Houston; Holden Rogers, Sulphur; Zach Burch, Acadiana. DB–Kevin Fouquier, Comeaux; Dillon Calais, Carencro; DeEdward Cormier, Acadiana; Jalen Lewis, Barbe; Callen Smith, Barbe. P*–Cody Smith, Carencro.

Advertisement
Not a bad list of other schools that offered him too......

Alabama, Louisiana, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulane, UCF

Advertisement
Not a bad list of other schools that offered him too......

Alabama, Louisiana, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulane, UCF

I don't know how accurate that list is.

Briscoe also hopes to bring another recruit on board. He's good friends with Davante Bourque.

"Duvante told me a couple of weeks ago that if I commit to Miami he will too," Briscoe said. "The Miami running backs coach just left his house, so hopefully he'll be in this class too."

So I watched his tape and I'm digging this pickup. He'll definitely be a DT here. He has pretty decent speed and quickness for a guy his size. Didn't see the motor questions like I read on Tiger Droppings. He had a little bit of mean edge to him like someone mentioned. He also had good hand use for a high schooler. Solid pickup.

Advertisement
For real though....kid is 6'4" 290lbs. Thats some great size for a DT.

I'm no tape expert, but he seemed to have solid technique/skills and good awareness on the field.

I was gonna blast the staff for this pick up........... then I saw his offers.

Hmmmmmm. Not bad. Kid is big as ****

Briscoe also hopes to bring another recruit on board. He's good friends with Davante Bourque.

"Duvante told me a couple of weeks ago that if I commit to Miami he will too," Briscoe said. "The Miami running backs coach just left his house, so hopefully he'll be in this class too."

That makes more sense. In that context, I don't mind the pickup.

Advertisement
I don't care who offered him. He looks good on film, has good size, and plays in Louisiana. Good pickup

Doesn't seem to have very good change of direction quickness.

But as I've stated before: If there's one thing Golden is known for, it's having solid Dlines

Advertisement
He's got a bit of pure cussedness toward those ball handlers.

A bit more coaching up, and I can see him causing some real problems.

For our opponents.

That makes more sense. In that context, I don't mind the pickup.

Indeed. Smart move, very smart if it works out.

Love the pickup. We need DT's badly but IMO he's a better prospect than Earl Moore who we already have committed at DT. Now we add Borque as well? Awesome job by the staff pulling 2 kids out of Louisiana, especially one that was committed to the number 1 team in the country.

Advertisement
Back