Who is the new commit?

Advertisement
Love the pickup. We need DT's badly but IMO he's a better prospect than Earl Moore who we already have committed at DT. Now we add Borque as well? Awesome job by the staff pulling 2 kids out of Louisiana, especially one that was committed to the number 1 team in the country.

We don't have Borque yet but sure it helps our chance.

i hope we keep this beast of a kid. now that the cats out the bag, i anticipate the rest of the crumbsnatchers to come out their **** holes. this is no coincedence the night before the all american game. golden know whats needs to be done.

Love the pickup. We need DT's badly but IMO he's a better prospect than Earl Moore who we already have committed at DT. Now we add Borque as well? Awesome job by the staff pulling 2 kids out of Louisiana, especially one that was committed to the number 1 team in the country.

We don't have Borque yet but sure it helps our chance.

He'll most likely end up in the class from all indications.

You cant teach size, and he definitely has it. He is still raw from a technique standpoint, but a good pickup for a position where depth is lacking.

Advertisement
kid is a beast and jsut as good to what we have coming back. will see early play time. bet that or kick aanother in his balls

Advertisement
our DL just got significantly bigger with Hamilton and this dude in the class. Earl Moore is the fire hydrant but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a Teraz type producer for us

Pretty good analysis of his play in the state title game. He was rated the 2nd best prospect out of the 10 teams that played for titles in LA.

Rivals.com Southwest analyst Brian Perroni ranks his top performers along with analysis of other Division I prospects from all five of the Louisiana state championship games played over the weekend.

Perroni's Top Performers
1. ALONZO MOORE, ATH, WINNFIELD, LA.
In a championship weekend that saw almost every team have its best athlete at quarterback, the 6-foot-2, 170-pound senior was the most impressive of the bunch. Moore has a great burst and is able to get up to speed very quickly. He also displayed good vision, finding holes and following his blockers well. On a kickoff return, he waited for his blocks to develop instead of charging up the field, showing himself to be a very heady player. Moore rushed for 93 yards against a loaded John Curtis team, passed for another 45 and returned five kickoffs. Moore likely plays wide receiver at the next level and has the ability to be a very dangerous threat there.

2. JACOBY BRISCOE, DT, LAFAYETTE (LA.) CARENCRO
The 6-foot-4, 290-pound senior actually plays defensive end for Carencro - and he does not look out of place at all. Briscoe is a huge body and moves incredibly well for his size. He finished the game with 12 tackles and two huge forced fumbles, which almost allowed Carencro to make a big comeback for the 5A title. He has a high motor and is the unquestioned leader of the team. Briscoe could move to the interior in college but would also be a very good fit at end in a 3-4 front. He does not have the offer list a lot of others have, but if his academics are in order, he is going to be a huge steal for somebody.

this kid has been well-coached from watching the videos. Great use of his hands, had a decent swim and a decent rip move. Good comp in La too. Love how the staff is leaving no stone unturned

Advertisement
Pretty good analysis of his play in the state title game. He was rated the 2nd best prospect out of the 10 teams that played for titles in LA.

Rivals.com Southwest analyst Brian Perroni ranks his top performers along with analysis of other Division I prospects from all five of the Louisiana state championship games played over the weekend.

Perroni's Top Performers
1. ALONZO MOORE, ATH, WINNFIELD, LA.
In a championship weekend that saw almost every team have its best athlete at quarterback, the 6-foot-2, 170-pound senior was the most impressive of the bunch. Moore has a great burst and is able to get up to speed very quickly. He also displayed good vision, finding holes and following his blockers well. On a kickoff return, he waited for his blocks to develop instead of charging up the field, showing himself to be a very heady player. Moore rushed for 93 yards against a loaded John Curtis team, passed for another 45 and returned five kickoffs. Moore likely plays wide receiver at the next level and has the ability to be a very dangerous threat there.

2. JACOBY BRISCOE, DT, LAFAYETTE (LA.) CARENCRO
The 6-foot-4, 290-pound senior actually plays defensive end for Carencro - and he does not look out of place at all. Briscoe is a huge body and moves incredibly well for his size. He finished the game with 12 tackles and two huge forced fumbles, which almost allowed Carencro to make a big comeback for the 5A title. He has a high motor and is the unquestioned leader of the team. Briscoe could move to the interior in college but would also be a very good fit at end in a 3-4 front. He does not have the offer list a lot of others have, but if his academics are in order, he is going to be a huge steal for somebody.

I'll take this guys word for it over ItsThatDude12 from tigerdroppings.

Advertisement
we could do much worse. this kid has the body to play DT. he is playing DE in all those clips and is pretty much rag dolling a bunch of smaller kids but you can see that he has pretty good athleticism at that size and he is massive.

I actually like this pickup. didn't think I would before I watched the tape

Briscoe also hopes to bring another recruit on board. He's good friends with Davante Bourque.

"Duvante told me a couple of weeks ago that if I commit to Miami he will too," Briscoe said. "The Miami running backs coach just left his house, so hopefully he'll be in this class too."

Davante Bourqe recruiting profile

6'3" 200lbs
Notable Offers: LSU, Nebraska, aTm, Tenn, Miami

Has committed to LSU and A&M so even if he does commit there is a good chance it's not solid.

Advertisement
Back