Who is the new commit?

"I told coach(Golden) that I want to play for Miami and then the Patriots," stated Briscoe. "He said that was so cool. Then he told me to stand up and hug him; he said it was official: they had offered and I committed."

"When I first talked to one of their coaches, he asked what I thought of Miami. I told him Miami was my dream school. He then said they were going to make my dream come true."
Briscoe will visit Miami on January 20th.

Also said Texas A&M called right after and offered him.

Advertisement
IMO, looks like a solid pickup. Never hurts to pull a kid from LA either. If it helps with Bourque, even better.

Love the pickup. We need DT's badly but IMO he's a better prospect than Earl Moore who we already have committed at DT. Now we add Borque as well? Awesome job by the staff pulling 2 kids out of Louisiana, especially one that was committed to the number 1 team in the country.

I like this pickup more and more each time I look at his tape. kid is a beast and just what we need right now. big *** mean mofos that can move

I like the kid and I love what the coaching staff is doing on recruiting... They're finally recruiting big kids so we can play physical football for once...

Love the fact that we got a SIZABLE DT. Thank GOD! Now we need a couple more D-Lineman and maybe Bush and Bourque to make it official and ill be on Goldn's sack, for at least another 365.

Advertisement
"I told coach(Golden) that I want to play for Miami and then the Patriots," stated Briscoe. "He said that was so cool. Then he told me to stand up and hug him; he said it was official: they had offered and I committed."

"When I first talked to one of their coaches, he asked what I thought of Miami. I told him Miami was my dream school. He then said they were going to make my dream come true."
Briscoe will visit Miami on January 20th.

Also said Texas A&M called right after and offered him.

****!!!

He's not an LSU or Alabama level defensive lineman prospect. If you think we're a school that can acquire those types of lineman right now, you are out of your mind and not realistic.

We need another defensive tackle. He's one of the top defensive tackle prospects in Louisiana, much like Earl Moore is one of the better defensive tackle prospects in Florida...not saying much for weak years at the position in the state, but I'll take it.

If this comes with Bourque...even better.

Welcome to The :neonu:

From watching the video I really like the way he uses his hands. Always ripping, swimming, clubbing.

10 days ago...
Dude is telling Golden what he wants to hear will see if he sticks..

Briscoe at 6-4, 290 pounds was a beast in the Mercedes SuperDome. Even though his team lost, Briscoe made an impact
on almost every snap playing defensive end, occupying blockers, disrupting the run game and sacking the quarterback.
He had the kind of performance that you would expect out of one of the top recruits in the country.

Currently though, Briscoe’s only offers are from Tulane, Texas Tech, Memphis and Louisiana-Lafayette.
One school that may be close to adding to that list is Minnesota. Briscoe has scheduled an official visit there for the weekend of Jan. 20.
Though he doesn’t mind getting away from home, the school that tops Briscoe’s list is right next door at UL-Lafayette.
UL will get Briscoe’s final official visit the weekend of Jan. 27 but he’s not quite ready to commit only because he is keeping his
options open for that dream offer from LSU. Briscoe has already scored an 18 on his ACT and looks set to qualify.

Advertisement
I suggest you look at the kids highlights, made 12 tackles with 2 sacks in the state championship game. Since he played WR and then TE in middle school, it would suggest that he is still growing into the position. I don't think he was recruited as an OL. Also played DE in HS and I think you will see him at DT

he's not LSU material on the defensive side of the ball. He doesn't have good enough quickness or motor to play on our d-line.

I do think he could turn into a good o-line prospect though.

Negative on the offer...i think he's more suited for a school like ULL or La-tech. JMO

Don't like seeing that.

I saw that too. Don't know what video THAT guy was watching. Thats a solid tape. Great motor, he was chasing down QB's from behind. There's no way he's only 290. That 'lil homie is a biscuit shy of 330. Solid pick up IMO

Love the size and frame to get bigger and stronger. Good pick up at a position of need.

:stormwarning:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back