Who is nervous [about TAMU? NOT A "TELL ME WE ROLL" THREAD]

hydro66

Senior
About our game. I hope coach gattis have a trick out of his bag. TEXAS a&M WILL BE ready for us. It's time to lead the dogs out of the bag. No mòre we have seen so far. Good luck to all of cane country. Let's show the nation that we aint phucķing AROUND around .

Advertisement
We just have to compete and keep it somewhat respectable and that would be considered a win.

The pressure is on TAMU. I just went around the circuit of pundits last night from Josh Pate to Greg McElroy to Barrett Sallee and many more. They are saying the same thing. For TAMU, this is a "must win" and many of them are saying they are going to get it. Most of them are largely invoking the "Wounded animal in a corner" analogy. They seem to think that TAMU is going to pour it on us because of some resolve or some lame inspiring **** like that. Anyway, Jimbo has had time and he needs to start justifying salary for his winning percentage there. Nobody saying that about Miami this weekend. Don't be nervous. Everyone lean back, have a late-night sip of cognac for every time Ivey gets mogged--by the 2nd quarter you'll probably have three or four in you. Everything is going to be alright.

We just have to compete and keep it somewhat respectable and that would be considered a win.

The pressure is on TAMU. I just went around the circuit of pundits last night from Josh Pate to Greg McElroy to Barrett Sallee and many more. They are saying the same thing. For TAMU, this is a "must win" and many of them are saying they are going to get it. Most of them are largely invoking the "Wounded animal in a corner" analogy. They seem to think that TAMU is going to pour it on us because of some resolve or some lame inspiring **** like that. Anyway, Jimbo has had time and he needs to start justifying salary for his winning percentage there. Nobody saying that about Miami this weekend. Don't be nervous. Everyone lean back, have a late-night sip of cognac for every time Ivey gets mogged--by the 2nd quarter you'll probably have three or four in you. Everything is going to be alright.
Please lord let the coaches bench 8 at CB. He can single handed lily lose this game by getting picked on all day

Advertisement
university of miami drake GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Excited. This game will reveal where we are as a program. Mario has inherited what he's inherited. Over the next few years, he'll upgrade the talent significantly. The process has begun, but we're not there yet. But a win, at Kyle Field, against a talented team like A&M, would accelerate the entire process. This is an opportunity game. Not even close to a must-win game. I'm excited. I hope the boys play loose! They should.

Advertisement
Literally everyone on CIS before the season was saying this will be a definite loss out of our 2 or 3 for the season and now a few people say we beat them so everyone is in nervous mode…. Maaannnnnn just watch the game and look at us as a growing team not a team that is likely to win every game we play. World isn’t going to end no matter the outcome.

Not nervous at all. This is game 3 in a multi-year process to change the culture and soul of our program. Sure, I want the guys to come out and compete like mad and keep the game close. Anything more is a bonus.

Nervous? No not really. Excited with lots of anticipation? Absolutely. This is an opportunity.

And even if you are nervous, nerves are a good thing. These are the types of games and atmospheres that remind us why we started loving this game to begin with. If you can’t get up for this, check your pulse.

Fear of failure is a waste of mental space and the downfall of true greatness. It’s a loser mentality. You go out there and let it rip. Man in the arena. Let the chips fall where they may and pick it back up afterwards regardless of result. You do not shy away from competing. Ever.

The pressure. The lights. The nerves. The anticipation. It tells us we’re home. It’s where we want to be. Learn to love it.

WE ARE FIREMEN

Last edited:
Advertisement
App state have some people way too confident. They will look more like when they played bama than what they looked like last week lol
They didn’t look how they looked against Bama all last year besides that game, nor the 2 games this year. ****, they didn’t even look great as much as it just seemed Bama struggled to get a rhythm early. I have 0% belief A&M will come out looking great against us.

There isn’t one solid thing that tells us A&M is a good team.

Any Miami fan’s fear is more-so based in our last 20 years of having letdowns in this type of game than it is big bad A&M “playing for real this time” like they weren’t trying vs APP last week or the 4 teams they lost to last year

Advertisement
Back