Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Advertisement
ChefCane, his real name is Joe xxxx, forget his last name. As 5xNC said, he was very believable in person at the pizza get together.

Random, I don't know if I ever met him in person and couldn't say.

Good days ad times. Less drama and stupidity on the boards back then. It's good to hear that Randy is doing well. Solid dude who hooked up a bunch of us with tickets through the early 2000's. Best tailgate ever, first Clemson road trip and the VT ones were good as well. Bill from Tennessee' still doing doing some cooking at the away games?
Randy did some good things, but way too full of himself. Bill from Tennessee was a great fan!!
Joined Grassy in 1998 as Keyratcane.

Well how I remember it, The "Lounge" back at Canestime? Or some Cane sight had turned into soft core **** and someone banned it, that is when most guys migrated over here, probably looking to continue the girl pics.
This website grew and it is not bad today.
I believe I became a "member here in 2011? Or so.

I found Grassy back in 1997 when I first found the internet. Haha, wow that is a long time ago.

I was on Shadow’s board and Grassy. I had a few names on those boards. It Hurricane John, then Johnny Kane, then just Kane. I may be missing 1. But anyways, I’ve been around quite a while. RIP Cogley.
RIP Cogley indeed. He mailed me some old VHS games back in the day I still have those somewhere.

Advertisement
Was on Shadows' board, tried getting on the West End Zone multiple times and was denied. So I'm here, just another freak in the freak kingdom.

Advertisement
I'm from the old Grassy days but I didn't join until 98. My old handle was OrlCane then I switched it to OrlandoCane and I believe I was CaneSwagger for a minute.

I remember back when no one had a fixed user name and we could change our names every time we posted. Those were fun fun times. There was this collective frustration over probation but in 99 I think many started to become aware that we were potentially building up to something special. For me it was going to the Spring game in 2000. That's when it really hit me that everything was coming together and I realized how much talent we had put together. The rest is history but I have to point out just how close we were to pulling off a 3peat with the 2000-2002 teams.

I'm from the old Grassy days but I didn't join until 98. My old handle was OrlCane then I switched it to OrlandoCane and I believe I was CaneSwagger for a minute.

I remember back when no one had a fixed user name and we could change our names every time we posted. Those were fun fun times. There was this collective frustration over probation but in 99 I think many started to become aware that we were potentially building up to something special. For me it was going to the Spring game in 2000. That's when it really hit me that everything was coming together and I realized how much talent we had put together. The rest is history but I have to point out just how close we were to pulling off a 3peat with the 2000-2002 teams.
Every time someone mentions the proby years it makes me smile because that's when I became a fan.

Anyone that was around thinks of the UCLA game as "You know, we just might turn this around!"

Every time someone mentions the proby years it makes me smile because that's when I became a fan.

Anyone that was around thinks of the UCLA game as "You know, we just might turn this around!"
For sure. The thing about the UCLA game thst made it even more special was the fact that we were coming off of one of the most embarrassing losses in program history after Donovan McNabb and Syracuse drilled us to the tune of 66-10 or something ridiculous like that. Then the next week we are at home in a packed OB and we take down no1 and previously undefeated UCLA 49-45. It was amazing!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back