Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Also Canesoverhere is gone as I know of , Banner no longer runs a site. I have found all you guys came from Grassy and Canestime . I just like seeing the old guys from W2 and WEZ on here. Miss Cogs Ribs, and Geno going the cheer . He does come to some of the home games. It’s been a long 18-19 years on these boards as I was in my late 40’s at the time... Wow...

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT ABOUT COGS (RIP) AND HIS FAMOUS LOT W-2 BBQ RIBS...AND AUGGIEDOG'S DRUNK MUNCHKINS (CROWN SOAKED DUNKIN' DOUGHNUT HOLES) ALWAYS LIT THE FUSE FOR BREAKFAST / NOON GAMES....****, THOSE DAYS IN THE WEZ WERE OFF THE FU@KIN' CHAIN....MISS THE CREW DEARLY....

Advertisement
AuggieDoggie and I still watch most away games together, with Crown of course! Beast, Scejas and others join this Former Grassy & W-2 participant MAINECANE...name hasn't changed....for several games every season...we are stll BBQin', screaming & drinking Crown!...and missing the OB

i remember BOMB and BODESLAM and themirabeau.....My battles on GRASSY WERE OF epic PORPOTION V with 98 approval would threaten me constantly with 30 day bans , all for contrasting points of view especially when a never was hit or a POINT WAS MADE.

GOCANES

Guy made more threats than Kim Jong Un

Last edited:
Advertisement
AuggieDoggie and I still watch most away games together, with Crown of course! Beast, Scejas and others join this Former Grassy & W-2 participant MAINECANE...name hasn't changed....for several games every season...we are stll BBQin', screaming & drinking Crown!...and missing the OB

Havent seen y'all in a long while. New stadium wasnt conducive to the W-2

Started there 'bout 2000 Same name. Left during the Moni Exodus

Started on Grassy in 1997. Became Pentagon Cane in 1998 on first assignment to Five-Sided Wind Tunnel. ****, I've been retired since 2007.

Was on both Grassy and Shadow as Ohio Storm, same here. Didn't post often there don't post much here. Dad was a big Alabama fan even though we lived in Ohio, he passed in 1990. Learned about Coach Schnellenberger from him. Became a Hurricane fan the day he was introduced as Miami's coach and he said in that deep tone . . . "well, with the physical resources available at the University of Miami, I believe we can win the national championship in five years! It was on . . . I was a freshman in high school then. Wow!!

Two greatest predictions by a former Miami head coach. First, one was by Fran Curci and he said "Miami would win at national title before Florida won the SEC." Check! And of course, Schnelly predicting a national title within 5 years. Check!

same handle
grassy.com since 1997 / U class of 1993
in late 2000's, got that recruiting mag with subscription -- I have a few lying around

Advertisement
I just went over there. It's almost dead. Just about the only poster is MadStork and somebody named Moose.

Sad when you lose a good message board. Both Grassy and Shadow were good boards at one time.

I started on Grassy around '97. I entered grad school at UM in 1964, so I chose ace64 as my user name.
Loved watching Charlie Tate's defensive unit play.

My last inside sources were a couple former players in the seventies who were on the '83 staff and left shortly thereafter.

I didn't have access to recruiting info, and wanting to contribute to the board, I tried to educate posters on recruiting rules (waste of time) and I ran ACE's war room to keep people up to date on roster info.

MadStork and Moose were on grassy to near the end. Moose claimed to be a h.s. coach from the panhandle.

Random Walk posted to the end on Grassy. Prepfilms was pretty good and was also there to the end.

I have a feeling I know some of the posters from UM days (I did know sigmar from UM and saw him at the last game in the OB). Maybe some day I'll find out some of the others names and remember who they are.

man seems like every time i talk to Auggie you and him are throwing down the crown watching a game, got to hang with him at Notre dame this past year, he's almost down to his fighting weight again. I have been trying to talk him and Bennie into coming to Texas to spend a week at the ranch, he's currently in negotiations with his boss (wife) to obtain permission to leave the state

man seems like every time i talk to Auggie you and him are throwing down the crown watching a game, got to hang with him at Notre dame this past year, he's almost down to his fighting weight again. I have been trying to talk him and Bennie into coming to Texas to spend a week at the ranch, he's currently in negotiations with his boss (wife) to obtain permission to leave the state
hmmmmm....I'll speak to him bout that...love the Texas brisket!

hmmmmm....I'll speak to him bout that...love the Texas brisket!

Main, your talking my specialty now, i have a huge pit up there with a drop down fire box, i will buy a 10-12 lb brisket and season the **** out of it with Tex-Joy, made in Texas, turn it upside down, fat up, and put it in one of those big aluminum foil pans on far end of pit away from fire, use red oak only, smoke it 15-17 hrs, and make brisket sandwiches. Rule of thumb if you have to put anything on that sandwich, sauce, its not right, mine just melts in your mouth, nothing but 4 slices of brisket between two pieces of bread, it rocks. I have a group from Miami that comes up during hunting season, they will consume a brisket in two days lol. Talk to Auggie, well maybe talk to the boss, if you want to try some Tex-Joy hmu and i'll send you some

Advertisement
Advertisement
Same name on Grassy many years ago and then part of the COH crowd

Who was at the Penguins hockey game the night before the Pitt game? Epic!

Advertisement
Back