Who DON'T we want FSU to hire?

I don't see Urban Meyer taking the FSU job. Think about it - he faked health reasons for getting out of Gainesville. He saw what Bama was becoming, and his star laden team led by Tebow was on its way out. It made sense to get out of Gainesville instead of having to rebuild. Then Tressel left Ohio State and left Meyer with a stacked stable program that he was able to capitalize off.

Analyze FSU real quick. FSU's a total culture rebuild. They have talent, but are void at QB and OL which are the most important areas. On top of that, you're sharing a division with Clemson which is almost running CFB. Then you have to recruit against the SEC, Miami and Clemson.

Meanwhile at USC, the SEC and Ohio State will cherry pick some recruits on the west coast. But the elite blue bloods more often than not stay focused on the East Coast to Texas, usually. USC or Notre Dame is where I see Meyer heading.

I also don't see Stoops going to FSU. You don't retire from Oklahoma, then come back to coach at FSU.

Advertisement
Won't matter who they hire to some on this board. I remember the proclamations of our demise when Taggart was hired.

Yep, remember Dwinstitles and his ilk gassing Willie up, talking about how we was ****ed bc he was coming to Tally. Bull**** like how innovative he was and how he was going to recruit circles around us etc.

You can count on a repeat of that **** show from our “fans” regardless of who FSWho hires.

Advertisement
Is there anyone on the NFL level that could be available/interested?

Dan Quinn is the only guy that I can think of.

The best hire that’s reasonable for them IMO is Leach. He’d immediately excite the fan base and generate a ton of positive publicity. He’d also recruit QB’s & WR’s well. Not sure how successful he’d be, but he’d get a positive buzz going for sure.

We won all of our titles while FSU had one of the Greatest coaches of all time.

It doesn’t matter who those ***gots hire as long as we start taking care of our own business again

Advertisement
The best hire that’s reasonable for them IMO is Leach. He’d immediately excite the fan base and generate a ton of positive publicity. He’d also recruit QB’s & WR’s well. Not sure how successful he’d be, but he’d get a positive buzz going for sure.

And then he'd drop like 2 of his first 4 games and talk the way he does in post game pressers and they'd (rightfully) turn on him faster than they did Tagfart. Leach simply ain't built for a big stage, imo. He'll rub too many people the wrong way and won't put up the results to justify it.

And then he'd drop like 2 of his first 4 games and talk the way he does in post game pressers and they'd (rightfully) turn on him faster than they did Tagfart. Leach simply ain't built for a big stage, imo. He'll rub too many people the wrong way and won't put up the results to justify it.

Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that, but I think their reported/alleged finances prevent them from doing much better.

Advertisement
For the love of God, I pray they don’t go after Diaz. Please don’t let this happen.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that, but I think their reported/alleged finances prevent them from doing much better.

That's the interesting part of all of this. We really have no idea if they can/are willing to go above like that $5 mil/yr mark for the next guy.

At some point state level politics come into play here too. I mean even in Lou-zee-anna LSU was briefly handcuffed by political pressures of going toooo insane with the expenditures involving buyouts and new hire contracts.

Advertisement
Urban Meyer — Wouldn't be good, but not sure he'll end up at USC like many assume (google George Tyndall and $215M sexual abuse lawsuit) taking into account C.U.M.'s well-publicized ethical shortcomings.

Bob Stoops — Just turned 59 with three years off to re-charge his battery. It wouldn't take him long to return the Holes to the Top 20, especially with a perpetually soft ACC, Don't want this AT ALL.

Who else? Mario Cristobal at Oregon? Matt Rhule at Baylor? Brent Venables at Clemson (heard he's got some personal baggage that's kept him as an assistant coach)?

Huh? Personal baggage full of cash from $2.2M/yr as DC for one of the top 3 programs in CFB.

Nobody here really should be actin' shook because of happenings out of Tally. If our boys ball out like they did yesterday, no Noles team no matter the coarch is going to beat us.

I'm honestly not going to be able to relax until I know for sure it's not Urban. That's all I care about in regards to their hire.

I can't see Urbie using this for anything but extra money from USC or even the Cowboys. I'd prefer they don't lure Stoops out of retirement too but (as has been established here) Meyer is the only quick-fix.

Advertisement
Back