Who DON'T we want FSU to hire?

Advertisement
If we fix our own issues (OC, OL, K) then we don't have to worry about what FSU is doing.

We have the talent.
Agree, can’t coach scared, or recruit either. Gotta stay with our own and coach the **** outta them. Make them Canes.🙌🏿

The CornSUCKER'S Scotty Jane Frost.:confused: You know. The head coach who's CornSUCKER team was ranked in ALL college football preseason polls.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

This would be true if we had a better coach, and an administration that cared about football.

If it's Urban, prepare thy ****. He'll dominate us on the field and on the recruiting trail.

So we wont win the coastal every year anymore? Oh wait...

Nothing changes. Meyer isn't going to FSU. Even if he did, it hurts Dabo more than us.

1. JJ once said that even in its heyday, Miami's biggest recruiting challenge was UF, not FSU. For whatever reason we dont generally target the same players.

2. Our kids would be 100x more motivated to play FSU in the ACC championship game than against Clemson so we'd have a better chance of an upset.

Advertisement
What’s the deal with Venables and his baggage? I feel like this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this.

The only guy I'd be worried about is Urban, Dabo or Saban. All the other coaches are beatable

Advertisement
Urban Meyer — Wouldn't be good, but not sure he'll end up at USC like many assume (google George Tyndall and $215M sexual abuse lawsuit) taking into account C.U.M.'s well-publicized ethical shortcomings.

Bob Stoops — Just turned 59 with three years off to re-charge his battery. It wouldn't take him long to return the Holes to the Top 20, especially with a perpetually soft ACC, Don't want this AT ALL.

Who else? Mario Cristobal at Oregon? Matt Rhule at Baylor? Brent Venables at Clemson (heard he's got some personal baggage that's kept him as an assistant coach)?

Manny Diaz - I sure hope they don't hire Manny away from us for all the great reasons that slurpers enumerate.

Butch Davis - He'd be great there and then I could learn to hate him.

Urban Meyer — Wouldn't be good, but not sure he'll end up at USC like many assume (google George Tyndall and $215M sexual abuse lawsuit) taking into account C.U.M.'s well-publicized ethical shortcomings.

Bob Stoops — Just turned 59 with three years off to re-charge his battery. It wouldn't take him long to return the Holes to the Top 20, especially with a perpetually soft ACC, Don't want this AT ALL.

Who else? Mario Cristobal at Oregon? Matt Rhule at Baylor? Brent Venables at Clemson (heard he's got some personal baggage that's kept him as an assistant coach)?
Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer, Mike Leach.

Who we want them to hire
Charlie Weiss
Charlie Strong
Randy Shannon

Advertisement
So we wont win the coastal every year anymore? Oh wait...

Nothing changes. Meyer isn't going to FSU. Even if he did, it hurts Dabo more than us.

1. JJ once said that even in its heyday, Miami's biggest recruiting challenge was UF, not FSU. For whatever reason we dont generally target the same players.

2. Our kids would be 100x more motivated to play FSU in the ACC championship game than against Clemson so we'd have a better chance of an upset.

The point is...Urban would stunt the ability for our program to get back to where we want to get to. I could care less about the ****** *** Coastal. I'm talking about the playoffs and the national scene. That's all I care about.

Advertisement
Heupel? Really? Thats hilarious.

Why? Because he's Josh Heupel and it's UCF? In his tenure they've been a way better team than we have and they've won more bowl games. Plus kids have spurned us to go to UCF. I thought I would have never seen that day. He's done more with less as far as recruiting goes. Imagine if he gets the Blue Blood machine that is FSU behind him? That's not a person I want to see on the other side with the same resources as us, IN the same state.

Honestly, I'd prefer FSU hire someone worth a **** so they can start to compete with Clemson. It's up to us to be good enough to beat them.

The only reason I wouldn't want them to hire Urban is that I want Urban. Manny has so much proving to do. We have been so poorly coached only Taggert could make us look so good.

Urban. Thats it on the oh **** they’ll be back super quick

Honestly theyll get some mid tier guy like a norvell, fleck type and gamble they can fix this roster....

Because firing Willie early shows how impatient the admin is... meaning the next guy better win quick with a really bad FSU roster full of guys who talk more than their play can back up

Its almost like they need to burn it all down and let it be reborn

Advertisement
Back