Who are we moving on from?

Advertisement
Pickett and Pruitt are LBs.
We've been recruiting Hayes pretty heavily, and if UF's class falls apart, I'd bet we land him. Doubt we flip Cole from UGA, but I'm sure we're still after him too.
Thanks. Yes I know Pruitt and Pickett are LBs but I had completely forgotten about Cole. Hayes is one of my favorite players in this cycle. I assumed that we were not going to give up on him. Getting Hayes would be huge! I thought maybe we had zeroed in on a new name.

Do you feel that we may drop Shavers? I ask because I'm constantly seeing posters mention this possibility. Is there a specific reason that people are saying this? Did Shavers not make the junior to senior year improvement that the coaches look for?

Curious why you don't like Minaya. I've heard others echo the same. Does he have bad senior tape?
He looks like every 300lb lineman playing against 190 lb defensive players who aren’t getting scholarships to play football anywhere.

He’s not athletic. His one attribute is his great size but without the quickness or coordination, he’s going to struggle against real competition.

I’m not a scout. I’m not qualified to make decisions for any football team. In my opinion, Minaya is at best interior line depth. He’s got a low ceiling/

Advertisement
He looks like every 300lb lineman playing against 190 lb defensive players who aren’t getting scholarships to play football anywhere.

He’s not athletic. His one attribute is his great size but without the quickness or coordination, he’s going to struggle against real competition.

I’m not a scout. I’m not qualified to make decisions for any football team. In my opinion, Minaya is at best interior line depth. He’s got a low ceiling/
I think with him the red flag is the lack of footwork and as you alluded, the mediocre lateral agility. Can't imagine him pulling into space. But in a phone booth he might be effective. Kid is big and mean. We have the right coaches to get the best out of him, but I'd be totally ok moving on from him.

Plays 190lb players? He plays in NJs best division against all the Preps schools with multiple D1 recruits. He played Don Bosco against Jordan Thomas who’s going to Georgia he’s 6’5 295 and Minaya made him look small standing next to him. I’m not saying he’s athletic but saying he doesn’t play against good HS competition is just false.

Plays 190lb players? He plays in NJs best division against all the Preps schools with multiple D1 recruits. He played Don Bosco against Jordan Thomas who’s going to Georgia he’s 6’5 295 and Minaya made him look small standing next to him. I’m not saying he’s athletic but saying he doesn’t play against good HS competition is just false.
His one positive quality is his size. He’s not just going to be able to overwhelm college linemen who will blow right past him.

His one positive quality is his size. He’s not just going to be able to overwhelm college linemen who will blow right past him.
I do think Mario/Mirabal are savvy enough to keep him inside only. No way could he play tackle and be left on an island vs an athletic speed rusher.

Advertisement
Not sure why the Minaya hate on here. People use the “I trust Mario and Mirabel when it comes to OL prospects” when it only suits them I guess. I think I’ll take their evaluation over any poster on here if you don’t mind. Lol. Now if you want to counter their decision on other positions? Fair game. But OL prospects? Nah. You can exit stage left.

Not sure why the Minaya hate on here. People use the “I trust Mario and Mirabel when it comes to OL prospects” when it only suits them I guess. I think I’ll take their evaluation over any poster on here if you don’t mind. Lol. Now if you want to counter their decision on other positions? Fair game. But OL prospects? Nah. You can exit stage left.
There's been other offensive linemen committed here the last few years who didn't make it into the actual signing class. They offer guys as contingency plans if their top choices fall through.

Advertisement
Probably didn't even look at the senior year tape. Now his junior year tape looked suspect. But he made a huge jump year over year. With a great college conditioning program along with great coaching sky is the limit for this kid.

Advertisement
I'm not very savvy with posting film on this site. Just Google his name and search his hudl page.

Here it is.

His kickstep is much better than last years film, and the pulling seems to be more coordinated.

He’s also playing good competition more often than not at NJ PC.

I’d still take him in this class absolutely. The physical gifts are there to be a good Guard at the next level.

Here it is.

His kickstep is much better than last years film, and the pulling seems to be more coordinated.

He’s also playing good competition more often than not at NJ PC.

I’d still take him in this class absolutely. The physical gifts are there to be a good Guard at the next level.

Thanks. His kick step was the first improvement I noticed. He is also chopping his feet and maintaining a lower base while run blocking. In his junior year film he just leaned on people with his body and came off the ball very high.

Why would they drop anyone when they were all on the top of our eval board…
Right? If we are to believe that Zo and Co brought them all into the lab like Drago in Rocky IV, why would they back off now

We will see I suppose. I don’t think we pushed anyone out last year if I remember correctly.

Advertisement
Back