Who are we moving on from?

Advertisement
I think about 28-29

And about 4-6 portal (maybe the low end of that if both Burroughs and JH are back)…Anything above that will be on a take/give portal in/portal out basis imo.
I thought Burroughs I had heard was no longer with the team?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks. Yes I know Pruitt and Pickett are LBs but I had completely forgotten about Cole. Hayes is one of my favorite players in this cycle. I assumed that we were not going to give up on him. Getting Hayes would be huge! I thought maybe we had zeroed in on a new name.

Do you feel that we may drop Shavers? I ask because I'm constantly seeing posters mention this possibility. Is there a specific reason that people are saying this? Did Shavers not make the junior to senior year improvement that the coaches look for?
He didn't have a good year. Struggled. Didn't develop like the staff had hoped.

Advertisement
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
it’s a great year to take O linemen who are going to need 2 to 3 years in a college weight room. No freshman 5 star is coming this year to be 8 or 9th at best in our rotation next year.

Even if we did manage to sign an O line class similar to last year, they would more likely than not be in the transfer portal after their first year of not playing.

Let the kids develop and if it doesn’t work out…worst case they’re a big practice body. I trust Mario and staff when it comes to the trenches.

Definitely kids at other positions who I’m sure will be moving on, wish them the best. Sucks for the kids that it doesn’t always work out in the end.

Advertisement
Back