Who’s the most underutilized player in Miami football history?

Goolius Boozler has got to be up there...

1684342486622.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmy Graham probably has my vote.

We all rep him as a Miami TE, but man he barely did anything while he was here. Maybe he was still making the transition from BBall to FB and still had a ways to learn but feel like he could have done more.

i saw the man do a backflip 2 years into playing for Tampa pushing 3+ imop think he could have played both ways
In 1998 I was talking to Butch about the Best DLman that he saw/Coached at UM, and I had already talked to him in regards to this topic previously, and he said that Sapp was the best he'd seen/ coached at UM. This coming from someone who Coached Jerome for 3 out of 4yrs at UM. Dennis Erickson once said, "There was times I had to take him outta practice, so the Offense could move across the LOS"...

Gotta be Frank Gore!!

If Clappy burns Franks shirt and puts Gore in the 2002 national title game after Willis went down , we’d have another ring.

I’ll get **** for this because you’re not allowed to say anything bad about anyone who is revered here, but Hester underutilized himself with his inability to think. He literally couldn’t learn a position. The only thing we could do with him was put him as a returner with only 1 thing to worry about. And it was the same way in the pros, in case anyone wants to disagree with me. Devin is an all-timer, obviously, and I believe with all my heart he deserves to be in Canton. But trying to be nice here, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with and really didn’t apply himself intellectually here at all.
Hester created his problem. He wanted to be the next Deion Sanders. So instead of realizing he should have been full time offense he wanted to start at DB. The coaching staff should have figured it out for him.

Advertisement
Hester created his problem. He wanted to be the next Deion Sanders. So instead of realizing he should have been full time offense he wanted to start at DB. The coaching staff should have figured it out for him.
He was arguably the #1 DB in HS in the state. Butch/Pagano offered him a full schollie when he was a Frosh in HS in 99.

Damien Berry had some pretty good numbers, but I always felt like he had more to give.
He was the best back on the team at the time. Probably the best suggestion so far. Most of the other guys mentioned were just talented folks that actually got burn. Damien actually produced with his opportunities.

Jimmy Graham probably has my vote.

We all rep him as a Miami TE, but man he barely did anything while he was here. Maybe he was still making the transition from BBall to FB and still had a ways to learn but feel like he could have done more.
He dropped everything that wasn't a TD. If anything he got too much utilization (VT).

Advertisement
I would've liked to see Dallas Crawford redshirted and kept at the RB position for all 5 years. Played hard.

/off topic but going with the current theme

Advertisement
Jammi German gets my vote. He was bit by the injury bug but completely underutilized IMO. Frank Costa didn’t help and neither did the occasional discipline issue. I’ve heard differing opinions on why some more burn at DB wasn’t considered but it’s a moot point. If I remember correctly he was completely discarded as a return guy his last season or so as well.

Jammi German gets my vote. He was bit by the injury bug but completely underutilized IMO. Frank Costa didn’t help and neither did the occasional discipline issue. I’ve heard differing opinions on why some more burn at DB wasn’t considered but it’s a moot point. If I remember correctly he was completely discarded as a return guy his last season or so as well.
No....Jammi (besides injuries) wasn't underutilized. He didn't work as hard as others, coupled with beating up the UM tennis player and then the Limo fiasco.

Last edited:
No....Jammi (besides injuries) wasn't underutilized. He didn't work as hard as others, coupled with beating up the UM tennis player and then the Limo fiasco.
Agree to an extent, hence the discipline portion of my comment. By all accounts it wasn’t handled correctly by him or the staff. Lack of work ethic wasn’t enough to stop running him out there so your assertion is not completely correct.

Agree to an extent, hence the discipline portion of my comment. By all accounts it wasn’t handled correctly by him or the staff. Lack of work ethic wasn’t enough to stop running him out there so your assertion is not completely correct.
I've known Jammi since he was in HS....I grew up in Ft Myers. A family member of mine was one of his coaches at UM in 95 when he led the team in receiving. I'm well acquainted with the entire situation, as is @Brooklyndee...we had to keep running him out there because all we had besides him was a young Yatil and a younger Magic Benton...We virtually had no choice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back