Who’s the most underutilized player in Miami football history?

I’ll get **** for this because you’re not allowed to say anything bad about anyone who is revered here, but Hester underutilized himself with his inability to think. He literally couldn’t learn a position. The only thing we could do with him was put him as a returner with only 1 thing to worry about. And it was the same way in the pros, in case anyone wants to disagree with me. Devin is an all-timer, obviously, and I believe with all my heart he deserves to be in Canton. But trying to be nice here, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with and really didn’t apply himself intellectually here at all.
Huge Hester fan, but very honest assessment. Might be hard for some to accept.

Advertisement
Choc Gray. 4 year Greentree AA. Made an NFL team, and never really got any PT here.

Stayed for all 4 years and was always ready it seemed. Gus transferred, Hester got plenty of opportunities, and some of the other guys mentioned had mental/behavior issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like rooster was heavily underutilize! Also I feel like we could have been more creative with how we get the ball to Deejay or nowadays a Breshard Smith. Those three guys would have put up numbers with more competent schemes/ coordinator in place[BGCOLOR=initial]. Last but not least Jeff Thomas was a talent that Miami completely failed. Everyone is gonna bring up his "attitude" but who the **** wouldn't be ****ed off with the offensive ineptitude he dealt with here .[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
I’ll get **** for this because you’re not allowed to say anything bad about anyone who is revered here, but Hester underutilized himself with his inability to think. He literally couldn’t learn a position. The only thing we could do with him was put him as a returner with only 1 thing to worry about. And it was the same way in the pros, in case anyone wants to disagree with me. Devin is an all-timer, obviously, and I believe with all my heart he deserves to be in Canton. But trying to be nice here, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with and really didn’t apply himself intellectually here at all.
I have been saying for years that Hester is the modern day Forrest Gump. Just give him the ball and let him do his thing. Nothing else worked.

Ryan Ragone

200.gif

Advertisement
Back