Whitfield Still Considering Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
WR Levonte Whitfield was Miami’s first commitment in the 2013 class before de-committing and switching to Florida State back in the summer. Whitfield is still committed to FSU, but hasn’t closed the door on the recruiting process.

“I mean it’s solid for now, but I’m still taking my visits.”

One visit that he will be taking is to Miami on January 18th.

“I wanna visit to see if that’s where I want to be at. Even though McDonald left, Coach Richardson is still talking to me.”

What sticks out to him about Miami?

“They don’t show any hatred.”

Whitfield participated in this year’s Semper Fidelis game and interacted with one of Miami’s commits.

“I was talking to Ray [Lewis III] at the Semper Fidelis game, but he wasn’t really trying to recruit me since I’m committed somewhere.”

Many have suggested that one of the reasons “Kermit” chose the ‘Noles was because of his cousin Marvin Bracy, who is currently a freshman receiver at
FSU. Whitfield says he didn’t choose Florida State because of Bracy.

“What he does has nothing to do with me. He’s a grown man and I’m a grown man myself so that won’t affect me.”

Earlier in the process, Whitfield made statements saying that Miami was his dream school, and he told me that is still the case. He will be making his final decision on signing day.

Advertisement
Not sure if I still want after seeing how bad his hands are

But dude would be sick on special teams

“They don’t show any hatred.”

Such a telling quote. Kids are tired of hearing this negative recruiting ****, and the ones that arent shouldnt come here anyways.

Never understood the dream school thing and then going to their hated rival.

Peter, you should ask one of these guys to explain how that is possible.

Advertisement
I am going to say he will stay with FSU

check out MT6's instagram. coolasskermit is Whitfield

Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 4.11.50 PM.jpg

Earlier in the process, Whitfield made statements saying that Miami was his dream school, and he told me that is still the case. He will be making his final decision on signing day.

I don't get this. Why did he decommit?

Track related?

Does he still have a commitable offer?

Advertisement

I don't get this. Why did he decommit?

Track related?

Does he still have a commitable offer?

looks like FSU sold him on us getting slammed for probation and he bailed. That would explain his "they don't show any hatred" quote

do not let this kid visit the 18th. that is our huge weekend and we dont need Nole moles distracting. If you let him visit, let him come on another weekend. I just want our 6 commits (Olsen,Dobard,RLIII,Gall,Burns,Carter) plus our remaining big targets that havent visited yet (Collins, Kirkland, T.Williams, Bryant, Bostwick, 6, R.Robinson). Sit them all down and tell them you guys are it. Look around, you guys plus last class are the guys that bring this program back from the ashes. Guys like Kermit and Dee Liner can come visit later

Advertisement
Dont bring him on the 18th. I dont want him recruiting against us and for FSU.

Advertisement
""They don't show any hatred."

WTF? Do other schools hate him or something? lol do NOT bring this weirdo in on an official.

I'm a big fan of his and always have been. I would have liked to see him in this class.

That said I would rather not see him visit. We are/were his dream school and he dropped us anyway. That's not going to change and with the guys here on the 18th having a Nole there is not what in want to see.

Agree w/ everyone saying this kid shouldn't be coming on the 18th... Don't need any negativity that weekend. If we are truly his "dream" school he'd make a sacrifice to come here and ball out instead of picking the school (F$U) with the arguably better track team

I'm happy with a man by the name of Duke Johnson continuing to return Kickoffs/Punts anyways. Pass on Kermit

Advertisement
Back