• Offensive line

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • QB play

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Defense

Votes: 37 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That performance was a result of an entire off-season's preparation. I highly doubt our young men spent the off-season making statements or promises to one another about beating Alabama. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to believe anything they say to one another going forward, spending the off-season lying to themselves or others
All I’m saying is the coaches did not put the players in position to compete. Look at the play calling on offense, or the soft coverage on defense.

Advertisement
You can try to fix the horrendous play-calling with a single coaching change. On defense, we won’t see a team nearly as talented again so I have hope that we can hold a decent chunk of our opposition to manageable points. But that OL doesn't look capable of challenging most D-1 schools and I have no clue how you fix it anytime soon (clearly neither does the coaching staff).
You don’t have to be very talented to beat the scene manny runs. UNC proved that last year.

Manny doesn’t trust the corners, with good reason, but he seldom brings the safety up to help them defend obvious screen situations. The result is 5-12 yards a clip depending on the blocking and tackling. I’d say he’s hop
Most disappointed that Miami scheduled this game without having a 3 year bag game plan. Infrastructure needed to be in place by now to at least be competitive. Pure indictment on the administration/ad.
This was a money grab. Blake James is the AD equivalent to a vagrant in San Francisco who shoplifts and sells his wares online. The rules Blake is allegedly subject to doesn’t punish him for his behavior so he will continue. Blake will hire a barely competent HC, pay him less than the median for legit coaches, and then sign us up to be cannon fodder to collect checks while pocketing the difference.

Talent gap and game planning.

We got talent but not the same as The Machine. Nothing more is needed to be stated.

Evey single person knew coming into this game. The way to beat Bama is to spread out the defense and challenge the secondary. When we tried we had some success. When we try to run into the strength of the defense over and over. We got handled. Some times it feels like Lashlee doesn’t have complete trust with King to throw the ball.

It has been stated over and over. Decent QB shred this defense of scheme. Manny going into this game thinking his scheme was the winning formula is insane. I think it was @Coach Macho in the scrimmage post explaining how simple our back end coverage is. Yesterday I seen the same bad alignment, I seen the same easy pitch and catch, I seen WR’s catch the ball with nobody with 5 yards that we all have seen for 6 years. We didn’t make Bama earn anything. Were we going to stop Bama.. of course not but it shouldn’t have been that easy for them either.

All I’m saying is the coaches did not put the players in position to compete. Look at the play calling on offense, or the soft coverage on defense.
Game analysis and/or breakdowns of Miami's football program's performance is irrelevant and often times conducted by nitwits. It's not championship level in any phase at any position.

Game analysis and/or breakdowns of Miami's football program's performance is irrelevant and often times conducted by nitwits. It's not championship level in any phase at any position.
Tulane would beat aManny coached team.

Advertisement
Tulane would beat aManny coached team.

I watched that OU/Tulane game. Yeah, we're not currently at their level yet. Manny guided us to snap the 2 year losing streak vs Duke last season. We'll see if we can begin our own streak this year

IMO on offense the WRs looked way better than last year. We have some real talent there and our Top 4 guys are solid.

Scaife needs to be replaced by Oluwasen (Who I thought looked strong and played very well). Considering it was against the best DL and LBs in the country, I was good with the OL. They should only get better moving forward.

King looked like he took an awkward shot in the first half on a sack. Little concerned but hopefully he’s good

I don’t want to see anymore of Cam. Don is the guy with Knighton mixed in too. Cam legit has no wiggle and goes down with a sneeze

and Lashlee is starting to look like trash. Zone read up the middle and deep posts. WTF is that. Richt -esk

What’s the standard for tackling and accountability steps in place to make sure guys don’t fall from the standard? I mean at this point I think Diaz may be coaching these guys to miss tackles. This don’t make no sense to be coaching proper technique only to not follow through with it during the game

Advertisement
I think OL is fine - maybe tweak scaife and put him back inside. Btw, what on earth happened to Jarrid Williams?

I think king will be fine but he’s certainly not 100%.

to me, the most concerning is the offense. We knew our defense would have issues bc of our front 7. But offense is supposed to be the strength - year 2 of lash/king, hugely improved OL and WR, etc. we were playing in a phone booth yesterday.
Here we go; after three years that people are still talking about where Scaife should play, signifies the failure for this group to have ever developed into a cohesive unit. That's how you get all that experience without even a minimal running game, to show for it. That's not quality experience, its been mediocre patchwork experience.

After one game this OL is still mired where it ended last season; bottom 20% in sacks and bottom 25% in rushing.

Forget the coaching sloppy tackling and being unable to execute. Bama gave us a total *** whippin, told us to go get our shine boxes, and made it very clear we are not in their class.

Advertisement
The pass rush. It will be better against ACC teams but less than what we are used to.

Real talk, what if the freaking love affair with Scaife, dude has been straight trash since last year game 1 against UAB, he was getting smashed inside, and everyone made excuses and said oh his natural position is rt, that **** is obviously not true.. his natural position is bench, its over for him unless injury or blowout, dude has to do some soul searching or something I dont know what happened after his first season but its par the course at greentree
Correct. Put Olewaseun at RT and Scaife on the bench were he belongs. To me the biggest disappointment with the OL was Donaldson. He had a terrible game. Hope he can rebound. Nelson and Rivers were good but people need to stop hyping him as a 1st round pick. Nodody on this team has any business leaving early. Nobody!

Its tough to vote for only one. I believe offensive play calling was the single biggest issue against Bama and will be again if we play Clemson in the ACC title game. With that said, the defense is the biggest concern between now and a potential Clemson matchup.

Advertisement
I think the offensive play calling will sort itself out and work against most of our schedule.
On defense I'm worried about the drop off of DE production, lack of talent at LB and inconsistency in secondary.

Remember when people were crying saying a QB throwing for 70%+ comp% was proof our defense was trash? ... This is why Comp% is really overrated. Nobody cares if you're completing your passes for 5 yards after your OC decides to to run up the middle for no gain on 40% of the plays...

I agree. The coaches came out with a very conservative game plan that basically gave the game away by the end of the 1st quarter. The 2nd half was much better play calling on both sides and the team looked competitive.

The pass rush. It will be better against ACC teams but less than what we are used to.

and where will the pass rush come from? You think 12/13/33 are the answer? At best, one of them is a major P5 starter. I like 33’s promise, but let’s be honest, he’s 1-2 years away. Harvey is a change of pace DE. That’s the reality, D.

Advertisement
Back