• Offensive line

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • QB play

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Defense

Votes: 37 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said it a lot leading up to the game but I wasn’t so much concerned with the outcome or the score (I had conceded a loss in my head) but was more concerned with HOW we arrive at the loss

We arrived at the loss in the worst possible way, again

Not prepared. No balls. Scared playcalling.

This is a trend and just seeing that I already know the kind of season we are in for because we’ve seen it a thousand times already
I'm with you 100%. This is all I cared about and said as much. Why can't we just scrap it out from the opening kick? I'm sure the kids want to. Frustrating.

Advertisement
I knew we weren't gonna be able to run against Bama. Why I thought 48-7 was a real possibility. I'm surprised we got 88 yds.

Lashlee obviously thought differently, relying on establishing the run from the get-go. Without any running threat, hard to drop back every down but ... would've given us a better chance than stubbornly sticking with Cam.

The talent gap between the two teams was the most concerning for me besides the play calling. It was men vs boys u could see it......there was a female in my discord/twitch that didn't even watch football that knew the other team was bigger and faster and meaner. It was like old UM teams beating up on a team that couldn't do anything regardless of play calling.
I agree bro but we also gotta mention heart.

Did Rhett 3rd and 10 Lashlee have the brass to open the playbook in the first half? I seen key smiff and X get vertically all day

Did 3rd and 10 Lashlee have enough brass to attack Bama’s D. Why in the **** are we doing bubble screens when we do not have the athletic advantage against bama

with the exception of a few, who had the heart to square up and lay the wood on defense. I much rather see my defense get ranned over than diving at ankles… i dont wanna see jennings with the 1’s again.

We all know bama is a better team. But we looked like Tryon Woodley’s last 4 fights… are we gonna be our opponents punching bag or are we gonna fight back.

thats all heart to me.

Advertisement
I'm with you 100%. This is all I cared about and said as much. Why can't we just scrap it out from the opening kick? I'm sure the kids want to. Frustrating.
I think it’s why so many had the same deflated reaction at the 2nd and 10, 3rd and 7 plays back to back

It was just a kind of “this **** again” realization

I agree bro but we also gotta mention heart.

Did Rhett 3rd and 10 Lashlee have the brass to open the playbook in the first half? I seen key smiff and X get vertically all day

Did 3rd and 10 Lashlee have enough brass to attack Bama’s D. Why in the **** are we doing bubble screens when we do not have the athletic advantage against bama

with the exception of a few, who had the heart to square up and lay the wood on defense. I much rather see my defense get ranned over than diving at ankles… i dont wanna see jennings with the 1’s again.

We all know bama is a better team. But we looked like Tryon Woodley’s last 4 fights… are we gonna be our opponents punching bag or are we gonna fight back.

thats all heart to me.
the screen passes were dumb af going east and west was so stupid

1) Inexplicable offensive gameplan and playcalling;

2) Insistence on starting (or heavily subbing) the roster elderly who have accomplished zero on-field (e.g., Carter, McCloud, Scaife, Hall, Jennings, Ivey). I am well aware that playing freshman carries the risk of mistakes, but we have more talented players on roster;

3) I have no idea what King's health level is;

4) Hard to get a read on the DL. Big question mark for me coming in, but difficult to judge against that line. Unpredictable going into next week.

Team needs to focus on next game immediately.

King was sacked 4 times and was 23/31 for 178 yards. He threw 1 td and had 2 interceptions and a fumble. We had 88 rushing yards.
Lashlee and King deserves the credit when the Canes win, and they deserve some credit when they loose. These QB stats speak for themselves. You cant win games turning the ball over against anyone, much less Alabama.

the Canes offensive coaches should have every players attention this upcoming week as they prepare for APP St. No excuses for not making huge improvements next week

Advertisement
To me, the most concerning thing has nothing to do with the outcome. It was mindset (or approach). Nick Saban himself identified we took more shots and tested more in the second half. I look forward to the rationalizations for this bizarre approach almost as much as I hope we change it going forward.
How many times have we started off games behind and confused since Manny has been here? He adjusts at halftime at times but when is this going to end? Off the top of my head, since he’s been here, both games against Clemson, ND in 2016, UNC the last two years, Bama, OSU, FSU in 2018, Virginia in 17’, we were behind 2-3 scores early and had to fight to come back. It’s a trend I expected to see end by now.

yep and logic states that if you don’t scrap this antiquated approach BEFORE the season starts, it’s unlikely that coaches will dramatically change course during the season to scrap it. That would require acknowledgement of your own failures, out of the box/non traditional thinking and throwing caution into the wind in some respects and Danny miaz ain’t about that life.

Advertisement
I live in Atl., went to the game with a buddy and Bama grad, his comment you guys"aren't very physical
we need to revamp our S&C group to what the big boys are doing every time we play one of the big boys we get whipped very badly......
no push on O line at all , very little if any success on D line as well....
we look like a middle of the road ACC team 4-4 on Coastal again........
if CMD fails, Blake has to go as well

How many times have we started off games behind and confused since Manny has been here? He adjusts at halftime at times but when is this going to end? Off the top of my head, since he’s been here, both games against Clemson, ND in 2016, UNC the last two years, Bama, OSU, FSU in 2018, Virginia in 17’, we were behind 2-3 scores early and had to fight to come back. It’s a trend I expected to see end by now.
The exact opposite was Jedd Fisch. ****, we'd come out against really good teams and had a tremendous script. Then, we'd run out of bullets.

I said it a lot leading up to the game but I wasn’t so much concerned with the outcome or the score (I had conceded a loss in my head) but was more concerned with HOW we arrive at the loss

We arrived at the loss in the worst possible way, again

Not prepared. No balls. Scared playcalling.

This is a trend and just seeing that I already know the kind of season we are in for because we’ve seen it a thousand times already

Players are smart. They know when their coaches are pussies. It trickles down and affects them no matter how much dawg they have in em

Advertisement
You can try to fix the horrendous play-calling with a single coaching change. On defense, we won’t see a team nearly as talented again so I have hope that we can hold a decent chunk of our opposition to manageable points. But that OL doesn't look capable of challenging most D-1 schools and I have no clue how you fix it anytime soon (clearly neither does the coaching staff).

No push from the OL and Bama’s speed on defense crushed us. The game day play calling was FCS level at best. Asslee has to quit being a ***** calling games like his ****** is bleeding. The time he finally opened things up we moved the **** ball. We better show massive improvement or it’s time for Frett to go

Advertisement
Back