Which users generate the most views? -answers inside

Advertisement
Numbers on the board for a decade now

tenor.gif

****, bro. I hope those heart attacks weren't induced by some CIS porsts that got you agitated or anything. Some of them occasionally make me feel like I'm having an aneurysm.

Get well though. My grandfather had a pacemaker for like 30 years and never had another cardiac issue. Here's to at least that amount of success with it for you.

I blame NYSOM.

I went ballistic when it happened and got an infraction for saying “whoever did it is a pûssy mod”. Nothing changed on the mod end. All I’ll say is that they are in a position of responsibility and trust and shouldn’t do that. Unfortunately, CD never came back as CD.

Nothing was hacked. Mods have the power to edit posts. Typically a mod will edit a post to remove an image without removing the content or to remove copyrighted material. You can find dozens of instances where I edit the first post of a thread and change the text to, "Please don't post copyrighted material - Andrew".

One thing that users should consider is our mods patrol the board for free. To date over 21,000 moderator actions have been performed. On occasions, a moderator might respond in a non-ideal way. Our mods, admins, and the editorial staff are not perfect and will make mistakes. In the instance you are referring to, we addressed the incident internally and moved on. Unfortunately for some on the board, they wanted us to publicly shame the mod and that is something we are unwilling to do. We owe it to those that work for free to keep internal issues internal.

I have been involved with message boards since 1999 know very well what drives message boards. I know that since the beginning of boards there are always those that want to create some type of tension between users and mods. CanesInSight was started because of moderation issues on Grassy/Scout. I believe our mods have done a good job managing the community. In fact, I think we are the best in the business and our growth supports this.

Advertisement
Nothing was hacked. Mods have the power to edit posts. Typically a mod will edit a post to remove an image without removing the content or to remove copyrighted material. You can find dozens of instances where I edit the first post of a thread and change the text to, "Please don't post copyrighted material - Andrew".

One thing that users should consider is our mods patrol the board for free. To date over 21,000 moderator actions have been performed. On occasions, a moderator might respond in a non-ideal way. Our mods, admins, and the editorial staff are not perfect and will make mistakes. In the instance you are referring to, we addressed the incident internally and moved on. Unfortunately for some on the board, they wanted us to publicly shame the mod and that is something we are unwilling to do. We owe it to those that work for free to keep internal issues internal.

I have been involved with message boards since 1999 know very well what drives message boards. I know that since the beginning of boards there are always those that want to create some type of tension between users and mods. CanesInSight was started because of moderation issues on Grassy/Scout. I believe our mods have done a good job managing the community. In fact, I think we are the best in the business and our growth supports this.
What's fair is fair. Appreciate the explanation...

I’m talking about one instance that actually occurred on the board. There’s no denying it. No one’s perfect. I’m not criticizing the mods as a whole. I consider a few to be friends. My opinion about that event is what it is and doesn’t change. I believe my infraction for insults, for my reaction in that thread, expired June of 2019.

Advertisement
It’s not accurate or should I say - addressing the incident. A mod changed what Cane Dynasty posted to embarrass him. It wasn’t a normal mod modification. I mean if we’re going to get into it again then I’m going to state it as it happened.
They locked the thread, gave you an infraction, and didn't delete the deceptively edited post. It still stands today.

They locked the thread, gave you an infraction, and didn't delete the deceptively edited post. It still stands today.
I don’t remember which thread it was in. I know it was locked. I know I had a private email exchange about it at the time with a CIS staff member.

I’m talking about one instance that actually occurred on the board. There’s no denying it. No one’s perfect. I’m not criticizing the mods as a whole. I consider a few to be friends. My opinion about that event is what it is and doesn’t change. I believe my infraction for insults, for my reaction in that thread, expired June of 2019.

And in that instance it was addressed. All issues with mods should be brought to admins attentions. In this instance the response was to create threads. The issue was a one time instance and was addressed. There has been no recurrences to date.

And in that instance it was addressed. All issues with mods should be brought to admins attentions. In this instance the response was to create threads. The issue was a one time instance and was addressed. There has been no recurrences to date.
Ok. I’m not sure what the argument is then.

Advertisement
He is literally the user most ignored that is not yet banned. The mods will need new blood after they finish celebrating their recent victory. Odds are not looking good for OGH to make it through the year.
@OriginalGatorHater being ignored the most isn't really the fact that he is a trouble maker. I feel it's more to the fact that he tends to derail threads when he should just take his argument to a dm. I'm sure his mope vs slurper plays a part as well but i don't see him really pushing the envelope.

He hasn't been given a infraction in almost a year and those were just verbal warnings. Unless i have missed something in my absence and that is possible. I think he just sometimes needs a little nudge to get back on track.

Advertisement
@OriginalGatorHater being ignored the most isn't really the fact that he is a trouble maker. I feel it's more to the fact that he tends to derail threads when he should just take his argument to a dm. I'm sure his mope vs slurper plays a part as well but i don't see him really pushing the envelope.

He hasn't been given a infraction in almost a year and those were just verbal warnings. Unless i have missed something in my absence and that is possible. I think he just sometimes needs a little nudge to get back on track.

OGH tends to be a counter-puncher and off to the races he goes.

I'm one to talk obviously.

It’s not accurate or should I say - addressing the incident. A mod changed what Cane Dynasty posted to embarrass him. It wasn’t a normal mod modification. I mean if we’re going to get into it again then I’m going to state it as it happened.
I need to learn to keep my mouth shut....

Advertisement
Back