Where your money is going

Advertisement
It bothers me because it's misleading people who may not be aware about how funds are delineated at the university.

The inference he wants people to draw is that the school could take some research money and put it to the football program.

If that's not accurate, it needs to be corrected. This is not a Trump rally. Truth matters.

So mexico isnt paying for the wall?

Miami is a national university, there are not thousands of those. If you want to add liberal arts schools into the mix, Miami is even further from the top. Sun tan U is only prestigious academically to the alumni.

That's the point flying over your head. High school seniors have literally thousands of options. We're in the top 1% of those possibilities.

Advertisement
It bothers me because it's misleading people who may not be aware about how funds are delineated at the university.

The inference he wants people to draw is that the school could take some research money and put it to the football program.

If that's not accurate, it needs to be corrected. This is not a Trump rally. Truth matters.

Interesting way of putting things, considering you're not telling the strict truth. As OP has said, over and over again, unrestricted funds can be spent however the school wants to spend them. There are plenty of schools that subsidize their athletic departments out of general revenues. To say that the school CAN'T add money to the athletic department budget is not true. To debate whether it should or not is a very different discussion, but that is not what you are engaging in. Is your name Adam or Jerry, by the way? ;-)

Advertisement
If you want to compare yourself to the Paul Mitchell academy to feel good, be my guest. I choose not to.

Except that I'm not. Good job of deflecting since you don't have anything constructive to say, apparently. I am comparing UM to everyone. If we're in the top 1% of available post-secondary education options, then we're not in a position where academics don't matter, as you previously wrote.

Except that I'm not. Good job of deflecting since you don't have anything constructive to say, apparently. I am comparing UM to everyone. If we're in the top 1% of available post-secondary education options, then we're not in a position where academics don't matter, as you previously wrote.
Agreed

I realize that not everyone has experience with higher education, but an athletic department is expected to be self-sufficient. They set their budget based on ticket sales and donations. They don't get budget dollars from the university. Hope this was helpful.
Well hopefully this is helpful, that budget is gonna get real small, real fast!!! That’s what happens when you **** on us fans and pay 4 million just to get a coach not to move away and then another 3 a year on a ridiculous 5 year contract for a complete novice! Enjoy that empty stadium revenue. Lmao

Advertisement
High caliber students go to more prestigious academic institutions than sun tan u. Better get committed to football.

Many do. Quite a few don't.
That's the point flying over your head. High school seniors have literally thousands of options. We're in the top 1% of those possibilities.

Most of the folks ****ting on the University of Miami did not even go there.

BTW, I just looked up U.S. News and World Report and they surveyed over 1900 colleges (national, regional, etc.) and they ranked 1,400 in the end. Of the 399 national institutions, Miami is #57 tied some most **** great schools and some outstanding ones just behind Miami. Maryland is #62 and it's Aeronautical Engineering department is #10. Virginia Tech is #74 and #13 in Engineering. My son chose Miami over Maryland, Virginia Tech and Air Force (#10 in Mechnical Engineering).

If you look at the methodology a lot of it is subjective. Miami at #57 scored 61/100 while Georgia at #50 scored 63/100.

Miami is growing. Two new academic buildings are breaking ground. Long needed new dorms almost done. Next phase are the Towers.

Last edited:
I swear some people here should be LSU fans. They have no problem neglecting the university in favor of football.

Advertisement
5.5 million but yes.
You need to do some checking and at least rudimentary research.
What is the purpose of the U?..............not only to play football, but to provide something which is the reason for it's existence. Education, and research.
You may not know but in the 70's Miami considered dropping football.
Your list is irrelevant and has nothing to do with our football team.
You were JACKING US AROUND.......jackedaround.

Advertisement
Back