Where you from? / Origin of being a Canes fan

Grew up in Broward, family had season tix after 83 season, graduated the U in 1998. Always repped the U in the USMC. My flight helmet has a U on both sides! Let’s Go!

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Born in Duluth, MN
Raised in western Wisconsin (New Richmond)
44 y/o and have been a Cane's fan since beating Nebraska and winning the National Championship in '83

Hate ND, F$U, Gayturds, VT and O$U!!

I'm from Lighthouse Point, Fl.

Graduated the University of Miami in 2000. I didn't even like football before attending school. In all honesty, I think it was after we beat the Gators in 2000. Then, I bought a copy of EA Sports NCAA Football in Aug of 2001. From then on, I felt like I was part of something bigger than just the school I went to.

Is Dan Witt Park still a park? Played many games of basketball on those courts.

What years were you playing there? Informal games or ones organized for the kids?

From NY state, been a fan since 84. They hail marry game where we lost to bc. Never looked back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born and raised in Vienna, Austria. Surrounded by a lot of golden homers. Was really sweet to shut them up this year. I became a fan when cable TV introduced me to College Football bringing every canes game live in 1990.

Advertisement
Graduated the U in 1980. Saw Jim Kelly play when he was a freshman. Knew better days were ahead. Was not disappointed.

Grew up in South Florida.

My mother worked at UM.

I went to UM for both undergrad & med school.

I’ve been a fan since I was a kid in the 70s.

Came from Suffolk County, Long Island to Coral Gables at attend UM in 1963.
Graduated in '66.
Have lived in Maryland since then.

UM Architecture grad 81 .......been blessed with the cane nation since then . Love my Canes for Life!!!
My roof in Pembroke Pines since 01

My pops was c/o 82 from UM School of Architecture, nice!

Which is how I became a Cane. Other than my dad being an alum, a ton of my family members attened Miami. My uncle, dad's brother has 3 degrees (BS in BioChem, MBA, and Masters in Chemistry) from UM and my mom's brother and sister went to UM for undergrad and law school. Basically our entire family is Canes fans minus a few who went to UF and root for them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back