Where You At ?

Tracy last year had 4 int, and even this year as a back up had 1, Corn still has the big goose egg in that category.

Advertisement
I don't mind Howard riding the bench. Some kids just don't have it.

Hasn't been able to tackle, has been slow, takes plays off, got burnt more often than any other DB (though Burns gave him a run for his money). Maybe the lightbulb will go off - color me skeptical.

wish tracy went to uf and we somehow got vernon lol if you ever seen hargreaves come up to tackle you know he aint scared

This thread is further proof that most people don't know what they are looking at when they watch a game. Lots of Herald readers though.

Also laughing at the fact that any of our CBs "balled" out. They had 3 INTs combined the whole year. Its not their fault really and all of them look a lot worse then they should.

34 tackles, 0 INTs Baller
35 tackles, 4 INTs Bum

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's hard to bat 100 playing CB... Especially when your Defensive Line gives the QB all day to throw the ball.

Go back and look at the stats of every CB with high INT#'s... You'll find that their team has an awesome D-Line, to throw the QB's timing off (for rushed throws), and or you'll find a guy on Sherman's level. But even Sherman is ALLOWED to play bump-man, to knock his receiver off his route.

Now combine the fact that Howard isn't allowed to play bump coverage, and is stuck in a defense playing off man Zone Coverage... (Exactly)

Howard would thrive in a bump man defense. Off Zone coverage isn't Howard's strength, its a safe coverage, that speaks to a Defensive Coordinator who doesn't trust his Safety's to be in position to help up top, and is fine with giving up passes underneath.

Yeah Howard may not have elite top-end speed, but he's cat-quick, has excellent feet/hips for the position, and has a high football IQ. Those are the players you trust to do what they do, but no, he's hampered by a "system"

Corn only has tackling style points over Howard, that's it!

Last edited:
This thread is further proof that most people don't know what they are looking at when they watch a game. Lots of Herald readers though.

Also laughing at the fact that any of our CBs "balled" out. They had 3 INTs combined the whole year. Its not their fault really and all of them look a lot worse then they should.

35 tackles, 4 INTs Bum

+1000

Gunter was the best CB on our roster. We will all look back in a couple years and wonder how this staff managed to hide his talent.

35 tackles, 4 INTs Bum

Howard had 20 tackles in 2014, one INT, and 1 PBU.

He was routinely thrown on. I'd guess he along with Burns had high completed passes against on the team last year. You can write "you don't know what you're watching" (uh, what?) all you want but if you are going to pretend Howard deserved to start in 2014 based on his play then maybe you should bring something of substance to the conversation. Howard was clearly worse than Elder, Burns, and Gunter.

Advertisement
Dorito sacrificed the jersey #3 and anyone in that number for a top 15 defense and to bring back the double down at KFC.

35 tackles, 4 INTs Bum

did you watch the games where he was getting bombed by wideouts from FAMU and arkansas st? because i dont think you have and how can you not say corn balled because if you actually watched the games you would see that too, or the games where he had a sure tackle but decided to drift something corn didnt do at all, soooo im guessing you didnt watch any of the games

You can tell it's been a couple months since our last loss, as more and more maggots are appearing to kill the players. It's a rite of passage in Caneland.

Advertisement
Corn is better IMO, but the defense makes them all look bad. If they trot out that same defensive scheme again next year I might just run onto the field and kick Golden's *** my MF'ing self.

Tracy last year had 4 int, and even this year as a back up had 1, Corn still has the big goose egg in that category.

i refuse to bash any student athlete period.

for arguments sake, though, to those saying Howard > Elder bc Elder has no INTs:

in 2014 Corn has 4 PBU vs THoward's 1 Corn also has 3 tackles for loss compared to THoward's 0

IMO, more to the comparison than just INTs

source: http://www.hurricanesports.com/pdf9/3071706.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28700

Advertisement
Howard is soft, can't tackle and has zero speed and it has nothing to do with Golden's ineptitude. Hopefully he can turn that around this year.

35 tackles, 4 INTs Bum

did you watch the games where he was getting bombed by wideouts from FAMU and arkansas st? because i dont think you have and how can you not say corn balled because if you actually watched the games you would see that too, or the games where he had a sure tackle but decided to drift something corn didnt do at all, soooo im guessing you didnt watch any of the games

I watched all the games. For the most part I know what I'm looking at. Most don't.

Watched the bowl game with a college HC and he was shocked at our defensive gameplan.

Keep killing the kids though. I like Elder too, criminal that a guy with his ball skills doesn't have an INT in college.

You can tell it's been a couple months since our last loss, as more and more maggots are appearing to kill the players. It's a rite of passage in Caneland.

These guys nuthug anything they read in the Herald so not surprisingly Howard is their whipping boy.

They will never learn.

Advertisement
Back