Where we go from here

Bench Rosier for the Savannah State game.

Start Perry with the plan to let him play into the second quarter. Bring Weldon once Perry has played 5-6 possessions, or if Perry is awful. Hard to be awful against SSU. Give Weldon the same opportunity, 5-6 possessions. Then bring in Williams to finish.

But make them all play QB. Pass. Not just hand off and throw a few short passes. I know playing SSU doesn’t have much real value but the young guns need to run the offense as it they were playing FSU. Given them something difficult, if possible under the circumstances.

Apologies to SSU if it appears to be RUTS but that’s why you were hired to spar.

At least against Savannah State, we’ll know if Weldon/Perry/Williams can hit wide open guys.

Advertisement
It's West Virginia there's a pretty big talent gap and should be. It was 7-0 WV after first quarter and if I recall penalties killed quite a few of their drives. I'm singing the "he would kill it with Miami athletes".

Think what you’d like. I’ll pass.

Might as well talk about benching players and tweaking schemes/philosophies because Rick ain’t getting fired. It’s a waste of time to even discuss it, and it’ll just wind up being the death knell for this forum with the same tired line-drawing in the sand.

Anyone with a brain should be very concerned about our coaching and philosophies in all 3 phases of the game. It’s alarming how bad we looked. And it’s astonishing how pretty much nothing changed from last year.

But Rick ain’t getting fired. Not happening so you might as well hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with a change at QB. Or hope Rick turns the offense over to a progressive OC. I’m guessing Perry will look lost, but that’s probably got a lot to do with Rick’s rigidity.

Exactly, and beyond that neither is the QB coach - who outside of Miami wouldn't be in this position at any other major college program

My one concern with Richt was very simple - were his best days in the rear view mirror in Athens. It looks like UGa is doing just fine without him.

Advertisement
Might as well talk about benching players and tweaking schemes/philosophies because Rick ain’t getting fired. It’s a waste of time to even discuss it, and it’ll just wind up being the death knell for this forum with the same tired line-drawing in the sand.

Anyone with a brain should be very concerned about our coaching and philosophies in all 3 phases of the game. It’s alarming how bad we looked. And it’s astonishing how pretty much nothing changed from last year.

But Rick ain’t getting fired. Not happening so you might as well hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with a change at QB. Or hope Rick turns the offense over to a progressive OC. I’m guessing Perry will look lost, but that’s probably got a lot to do with Rick’s rigidity.
Hmmm. What about fire james and promote richt to AD?

Exactly, and beyond that neither is the QB coach - who outside of Miami wouldn't be in this position at any other major college program

My one concern with Richt was very simple - were his best days in the rear view mirror in Athens. It looks like UGa is doing just fine without him.
His best days were past the bend and out of sight even using the rear view mirror.

Advertisement

Richt’s loyalty is going to be his detriment. Guys may leave for better or other opportunities but I’m assuming no one gets fired.

Oh, how do you fire someone who recently donated $1M of his money to the IPF?

I hope he has the fortitude to make wholesale changes bc at UGA wasn’t it the AD/Boosters that made him change coordinators?

That gap problem is the same since last season. Wasn't it the same thing that got Diaz chased outa texas. I see Redwine go on a blitz and instead of holding his leverage he dove and allowing the RB to cut back. Maybe these players are getn bad coaching. Just maybe

Advertisement
LSU is not good. Replace our quarterback and punter with anyone decent and a good coaching staff rolls LSU with our roster. Unless a change in those two positions is made immediately, I’ve given up on Richt.

It’s a shame that Richt is wasting even a game of opportunity for guys like Richards, Thomas, and Jordan by failing to give them a decent quarterback.

Thomas could’ve set records last night against one of the best secondaries in the country. The kid was open almost every **** play.

Dean's issues go way beyond the mental part. He's stiff, high-hipped and struggles to bend his knees and turn his hips. He tried to jam that WR Chase but he overextended himself, stood straight and opened the gate giving the WR a straight-line path to the endzone. He managed to get back in phase because he's long and fast but then the same thing happened again at the top of the route.

He physically can't play. It's that simple. I have similar concerns about Frierson too as he has a similar build and his own share of technique deficiencies.

We continue to pursue bigger stiffer corners over smaller? quick twitch, smooth hipped guys.

Advertisement
Bull schit. Make all the noise in the world and when the time comes fly the fvckin banners! Stop donating. Stop going to games and stop buying season tix.

Only a cuck sits and watches docility while his wife gets DP'd and mouth hooked by the local MS-13 chapter.
Voice of experience there. You have been there huh?. LOL

We should be looking at guys like Seth Littrell and Neal Brown.

Guys like that. Young. Hungry. X's and O's guys that innovate.
You think richt would do that ? I like those options but I don’t want to hire a coordinator for the sake of one I don’t want another shottenheimee

That gap problem is the same since last season. Wasn't it the same thing that got Diaz chased outa texas. I see Redwine go on a blitz and instead of holding his leverage he dove and allowing the RB to cut back. Maybe these players are getn bad coaching. Just maybe

Maybe? Of course they are! Look at the defensive staff!! A medicore DC. LB coach from Incarnate Word. S coach from a bar in Texas. A corner coach from the HS ranks

You think richt would do that ? I like those options but I don’t want to hire a coordinator for the sake of one I don’t want another shottenheimee

Do I think he will? **** naw.

That's what we should be doing though. Unfortunately Rick is basically AD Regent. Our real AD is too busy getting fvcked in the *** by his tranny wife.

Advertisement
Back