Where is everyone located?

Advertisement
Born in Charleston SC, raised in Panama City Florida. Currently living in Prattville Alabama.
I lived in Prattville for 2 years. Actually just moved from there last summer.

Born on Long Island 1983 (It was a GREAT year I am told lol). Moved to Palm Beach Gardens in 2009. Melbourne FL in 2011. Prattville AL 2015 and moved here to Athens GA in 2017.

Last edited:
WOW Mark Rush , that name brings back memories, love him coming out of the backfield.
GOCANES
Specialty was leaping over line on goal-line situations. Maybe reminiscent of Doug "Spaceman" McGee from the mid-60's. Never saw the game but I read that McGee and Pete Banaszak were the two guys who carried us on their shoulders in the great "upset" 0-0 tie with Notre Dame.

Advertisement
Born in Gainesville (Not by choice), raised in Jacksonville, attended the U in Miami, married, and now live in Daytona Beach.
Daytona,

Saw your post about your late husband, Doug Davis, who was a RB for us in '58-9. He would have played at UM with Phil Geatz whom I mentioned above. Do you remember Phil? Where was Doug from? I think Fran Curci was our starter in '59 and made All-American. Fran went to Archbishop Curley in Miami. Curley was much more prominent in Dade HS football back then.

Born in Montreal, lived in Miami and now in Ottawa

Most people know about our recent Canadian players, Romberg and Mercier come to mind.

Most don't realize that Alonzo Highsmith came from Canada before he played at, I think, Columbus. At least I think he did. His father, Walter, played in Canada.

Born in Los Angeles. Moved around a bit as a kid from LA to Idaho to Spain to Houston to Orlando then to Miami in 1980 right before High School. Went to Dade Christian. My dad taught at the UM med school part time and that's how I caught the fever. Left Miami in 1988 to move to Orlando and I've been here ever since.

Advertisement
I grew up in the Gables. I started attending Miami games with my folks, who are both alumni, in the middle 70s. I saw almost every home game and bowl game from the then until ‘85 when I went away to school. I now reside in Central Mississipppi.

As in North Beach Elementary School? Proud graduate a hundred thousand years ago. You must live off Alton Road.
2nd generation North Beach Grad here. Were Mr. Greenhut and Mr. Singer there when you attended? If you say Meisner was your principal then you were there with my Mom or uncles.

My claim to fame is I was the first baby born in the new hospital at Mount Sinai. LoL, the old hospital is long gone and the new hospital is now the old hospital. At least it is still there. St. Francis on Allison Island got leveled about 18 years ago or so. Probably nobody knows that James Allison owned the island. He is the guy who built the Indianapolis Speedway.

Grew up on North Bay Road just north of the Ida Fisher house on the poor side of the street....lol.
St Francis was across from Allison Island. I grew up close to Nautilus. Was also born in Sinai.

Advertisement
Born in Coral Gables, played pop warner on the West Grove Redskins with Frank Gore, Roscoe Parrish and Quintero Frierson, half brother of Denzel Perryman.

Live in Madison, WI now

Born and bred in South Carolina
Grad school Miami
Live in Tallahassee by way of a few other stops

Born and raised in South Miami, graduated from South Miami in 2006. Been here in Columbus, Ohio since then.

Visiting my wife’s best friend and her family in Columbus OH the weekend of the Miami at Toledo game. You driving up for it?

Unfortunately, the friends husband who I am friends with, is an Ohio State fan and I will be going to their game later on that night....

Advertisement
Daytona,

Saw your post about your late husband, Doug Davis, who was a RB for us in '58-9. He would have played at UM with Phil Geatz whom I mentioned above. Do you remember Phil? Where was Doug from? I think Fran Curci was our starter in '59 and made All-American. Fran went to Archbishop Curley in Miami. Curley was much more prominent in Dade HS football back then.

Matador, yes I remember Phil Geatz, but didn't know him well personally. Wasn't he married, tall and had light-colored hair?? Doug and Marge Hildebrandt lived in our dorm and Jack & Margie Nelson (he was an olympic swimmer and is in Miami's HOF.) Unfortunately, the Hildebrandt's and Nelson's subsequently divorced. Doug and I were married and lived in the "married" dorms on ****erson Dr. on campus - the 3rd dorm down nearest the little bridge than went over from campus area to the football field. These dorms were torn down a number of years ago and I think replaced with parking and athletic facility but the little bridge is still there. I try to get down a couple of time a year for games....still love my Canes!

Doug was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL and was one of 3 from Jax. who signed with Miami in 1957...George McIntyre, Doug and a guy who graduated from Bishop Kenny in Jax.....can't remember his name. Good grief, I turned 80 this year and am delighted that I can remember my own name!!! Doug and I attended the 25th alum function celebration (graduated in 1961) and we won a silver chalas for being married the longest (to the same person). LOL He passed away from cancer in 1998. I still keep in touch with one of his good friends, Fred Iden. And yes, Curci was the QB and in addion to All-American, I believe he was also inducted into Iron & Arrow. Smart fellow.

2nd generation North Beach Grad here. Were Mr. Greenhut and Mr. Singer there when you attended? If you say Meisner was your principal then you were there with my Mom or uncles.

Yes, Mr. Singer was the PE coach. Singer called me Brooks (as in Robinson) and said I was all glove no stick. I remember saying, "Coach, I am 10. Ask your mom if she remembers Jane Fisher and Mrs. Feller? Had Fisher for 4th and 5th grade and Feller for 6th. I remember Mr. Greenhut.

St Francis was across from Allison Island. I grew up close to Nautilus. Was also born in Sinai.

St. Francis was on Allison across the street from the gated community. Really good high school friend lived there. Used to go to La Gorce with them all the time.

Yes, Mr. Singer was the PE coach. Singer called me Brooks (as in Robinson) and said I was all glove no stick. I remember saying, "Coach, I am 10. Ask your mom if she remembers Jane Fisher and Mrs. Feller? Had Fisher for 4th and 5th grade and Feller for 6th. I remember Mr. Greenhut.
Feller was a 6th grade teacher still when I was there. Lou Singer was a nice guy. He would go to Beth Sholom sometimes, where I had my Bar Mitzvah. I know you remember Moderne Pharmacy. Was Stan's there too then, on the Beth Sholom side of 41st Street?

Advertisement
Back