Where Does Zach McCloud Fit?

Advertisement
Hopefully he's working his **** off and has a dominant year and provides strong leadership no matter what backer position he plays.

Advertisement
I'll preface this with I'm a big fan of Zach McCloud; I think he's a great leader and obviously a very good player as well. My question is with the players we have in the secondary and the FREAK athletes we have at linebacker, where does he fit?
just remember Zach was higher rated than Shaq n Pink. injuries set him back at UM. If he stays healthy he will be great

Advertisement
He's the only thing remotely close to a reliable option at LB right now.

Brooks: injured, played DE in HS, still learning the position
Jennings: must have been a nasty hip injury
Steed: coming off a 2nd major injury
Huff: enrolled late, did not play in 2019
Joyner: played DE in HS and 2018, injured in 2019, still learning the position
Flagg: out all spring
Cave: out all spring

Mike LB and leader of the LBers. Maybe even leader of the D. Brooks will back him up and get alot of PT in preparation for the future. Huff gets the first op to secure the Will job. If he cant hold it down Brooks or one of the freshman could take it.

Advertisement
This staff puts a premium on experience and knowledge of the system. He will start at MLB but it may not last more than 3-4 games. I believe he will see alot of snaps all season.

[
Mike LB and leader of the LBers. Maybe even leader of the D. Brooks will back him up and get alot of PT in preparation for the future. Huff gets the first op to secure the Will job. If he cant hold it down Brooks or one of the freshman could take it.

Nowhere close to being a leader of the D and I don’t see him being a full time starter, he’s not that good.

Advertisement
If the light turns on he will be our starter and impact player. A 2nd - 4th ed pick if he plays well. Will test very well.

I think he'll start at Will...Getting away from the SLB (where we are going with smaller, striker types) should help him. He played in Pickney's spot at Will vs. Pitt and looked pretty good.

Advertisement
Back