Where does DVD stand?

couldnt find a thread on raymond, but did we miss out on a shot to steal him from UF when their DC change occurred?
I don’t think so. People were hoping we’d steal him but knowing the pace Mario moves at, I couldn’t see it. The gator made him the coach of DB’s so CB’s and Safeties and probably gave him a raise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is he really not fit coaching somewhere in the secondary? You'd think w/ his recruiting chops Mario would want to keep him around.

Advertisement
I think DVD is out, now we just need to figure out if Addae has impressed Guidry thus far.
I’m a bit baffled here. How does he go from maybe the second best recruiter to out when he wasn’t even on the field as coach but Addae is still here. I realize at the moment there is no on field role so maybe dvd feels passed over if JT is getting they but they do need a dl coach

Advertisement
He’s been tweeting some stuff too. SMH.
Cant have coaches acting this way, they need to be professional leaders. Understand if you want to advance your career but if someone feels their current situation is not providing an avenue for that they should find a new spot that does. But as long as your on payroll you do your job like a pro.

I like DVD, he was an asset and hoped he would be around for a long time but you cant keep someone around who might poison the well. No matter how good they are at something.

Advertisement
he seems to be a great recruiter, but nothing about him and what i have seen tells me he can coach on the field. i think he should make his bones and mistakes elsewhere, prove himself and then he can come back.

Losing DVD would NOT be ideal but let's not act like he is Corey Raymond (yet).

If (IF) JT surpassed him for the on-field job I don't see any problem tbh.
If JT gets the on field job it wouldn't be DVD getting passed over since he is replacing a DL coach. I think the problem DVD is going to have getting on field this year is Addae is still here and the DC is a Safeties coach by trade so we already have 2 guys coaching the DBs. Therefore, the current opening really shouldn't go to another DB coach.

Losing DVD would NOT be ideal but let's not act like he is Corey Raymond (yet).

If (IF) JT surpassed him for the on-field job I don't see any problem tbh.
they could have done both this time around since Guidry is a DB by trade no?

either way, mario had promised DVD an on field role and it didnt happen. i wouldnt be mad if he left nor would i if he stayed. hes gotta do whats best for him

Advertisement
Back