Where do you stand on Tyrique Stevenson?

Give me Tavaris Robinson, someone whos a complete monster on the trail. IMHO I would prefer a new db coach out of the whole staff if I had to replace someone it would be Rumph. I like him I love how he teaches but the one negative is recruiting, I dont know if its his fault or money (probably bags) but he will get the blame thats how it goes. Cant be losing elite dbs yearly....and not just elite dbs he loses the top of the board guys from your own turf.

Arguably the best db coach in the country..monster recruiter & he’s from Miami.

Advertisement
Give me Tavaris Robinson, someone whos a complete monster on the trail. IMHO I would prefer a new db coach out of the whole staff if I had to replace someone it would be Rumph. I like him I love how he teaches but the one negative is recruiting, I dont know if its his fault or money (probably bags) but he will get the blame thats how it goes. Cant be losing elite dbs yearly....and not just elite dbs he loses the top of the board guys from your own turf.

You have to be going by "elite" according to high school rankings because there is no way to know who is elite right now in NCAAF. Ivey, Blades Jr. and Frierson may all be better than Campbell and Surtain Jr. If Rumph consistently turns players like Adrian Colbert and Mike Jackson into draft picks and they succeed at the next level, who cares if he misses out on 5* local talent? The talent that he does recruit, he coaches, improves their play, they become lock down corners (like MJ and Bandy) and end up being draft picks. The CBs on Miami are a strength. Teams don't pass on Miami except in garbage time.

"Elite" DB's to me are overrated. Tracy Howard was a five star and from what I recall didn't have a major impact on any of the games while he played. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Woodson from Michigan, D. Sanders are very rare.

So for me to get worked up on these five star DB's (which he technically is not) is not worth my time. Sure I'd love to have him but not stressing over him or Dent or Battle. Gimme those dts, o lineman n wr/rb's.

And yes I recall us saying Tracy Howard is better at man coverage and Golden played alot of zone.

"Elite" DB's to me are overrated. Tracy Howard was a five star and from what I recall didn't have a major impact on any of the games while he played. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Woodson from Michigan, D. Sanders are very rare.

So for me to get worked up on these five star DB's (which he technically is not) is not worth my time. Sure I'd love to have him but not stressing over him or Dent or Battle. Gimme those dts, o lineman n wr/rb's.

And yes I recall us saying Tracy Howard is better at man coverage and Golden played alot of zone.
Campbell has been surprisingly getting beat a lot this year, has given up 3-4 tds so far

Advertisement
Why do we continue to lose out on the best CBs from South Florida? Last year it was PS2 and Campbell and now it's Dent and Stevenson? I just do not understand why they do not stay home? I can understand the Golden days because the program was a disaster but now we're a top 15 program with a great HC. Can someone please explain to me why this keep happening?
$$$

We win big at home with 3 defensive td’s and some picks.
Awesome edit with his mom on it the next day that he loved.
Coley gets on a plane and comes to watch him play at night Despite having an early game the next day.
At the very very least uga is a little worried and coley either came to rea$$ure the situation or get a feel for it.

Campbell has been surprisingly getting beat a lot this year, has given up 3-4 tds so far
Why are you surprised, lots of people said he was a boom or bust type. Rivals even mentioned that he gave up like 3 tds during the army bowl practice, but then would come back with like 3 pbu's

Advertisement
You have to be going by "elite" according to high school rankings because there is no way to know who is elite right now in NCAAF. Ivey, Blades Jr. and Frierson may all be better than Campbell and Surtain Jr. If Rumph consistently turns players like Adrian Colbert and Mike Jackson into draft picks and they succeed at the next level, who cares if he misses out on 5* local talent? The talent that he does recruit, he coaches, improves their play, they become lock down corners (like MJ and Bandy) and end up being draft picks. The CBs on Miami are a strength. Teams don't pass on Miami except in garbage time.

In general, I agree with your post, but it would be nice to get one of them now and then.

Bandy was high rated and sought after he was a dog despite the ranking....MJ has not looked that great this year giving up all things underneath. Dean was a bust until unc and knowels gets a ton of coaching and is trash. None of our dbs turn there head on deep balls and thats great coaching? U cant miss on studs if 80% of your job is to recruit studs, its not ok to do just 20% of your job thats failing im sorry, I like Rumph as a person but come on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bandy was high rated and sought after he was a dog despite the ranking....MJ has not looked that great this year giving up all things underneath. Dean was a bust until unc and knowels gets a ton of coaching and is trash. None of our dbs turn there head on deep balls and thats great coaching? U cant miss on studs if 80% of your job is to recruit studs, its not ok to do just 20% of your job thats failing im sorry, I like Rumph as a person but come on.
Mike jackson hasn’t given up much underneath, it’s the throws down the field (2 vs Toledo) and the 20 yard throw or so he gave up vs unc.

Mike jackson hasn’t given up much underneath, it’s the throws down the field (2 vs Toledo) and the 20 yard throw or so he gave up vs unc.
MJ is a prototypical DB the nfl wants big strong plays man well.....AG special came through and Diaz not just Rumph gets credit for him. I mean the whole scheme change helped guys like MJ.

Advertisement
Oh I get it. Bandy is a good player for us and it’s because he should have been rated higher not that Rumph is developing him. And isn’t MJ consistently rated as the best CB each week in the ACC? Doesn’t he grade out the best?? I see that you have been on CIS for a while and I’m saddened that these ppl have had to put up with your stupid ******* *** for this long. Open your eyes ****head, Rumph is developing CBS.

It’s not MJ’s fault that Diaz loves playing off-man and how does Knowles fall under Rumph? That’s Banda’s position. He’s also doing twice the job on the trail that Banda’s done.

It’s not MJ’s fault that Diaz loves playing off-man and how does Knowles fall under Rumph? That’s Banda’s position. He’s also doing twice the job on the trail that Banda’s done.
to me they both have alot of work to do on the trail but they are who they are u cant change that, there not going to miraculously clean up on the trail. They need to keep the elites home thats there job both of them, I dont like the work they done coaching wise and Knowels is a lost cause even Saban cant improve him he is who he is. Im just disappointed at the way they get owned in recruiting, have they brought in better talent overall since Golden? Yea a bit better I would say a level up from previous staff, not elite yet though. And lol at u getting tight at me for having an opinion and my opinion is about recruiting mostly with rumph and Banda. So if I pump sunshine about everything will I be ok in your eyes? Im not going to do that Im into a writer for this site, Im nto always going to be right but Im going to be honest as **** about the way I feel about it.

MJ is a prototypical DB the nfl wants big strong plays man well.....AG special came through and Diaz not just Rumph gets credit for him. I mean the whole scheme change helped guys like MJ.
That’s ridiculous. MJ wasn’t even reliable in 2016 and in a year he was the least target CB in the ACC and grabbed 6 picks.

Advertisement
Back