Where are all the great MNW and BTW Canes?

Advertisement
You do know that there is actually more than just the 2001 season right? That may be when you became a fan, but there more history than that one season. Anyone who says you should pass up on a player like Sean Spence should be slapped upside their head.

Who said you should pass on Sean Spence? Who said you should pass on anyone? All I said was in 30 years MNW and BTW have given us less than a handful of elite players, but dudes tout them like they are our feeder schools which is completely and utterly untrue. They are two of scores of schools that all should be recruited, but not given preferential treatment like what Randy did.

Yes, there were other teams besides 2001, but the 2001 team was better than all of them. And that team won, at the University of Miami, without some mythical 80-20 ratio of Miami Dade to every where else. They won with a 50-50 split! Yet fools come on here and **** that our team is 60-40 right now when the last great team we had was a LOWER RATIO. Thats what this is about.

You don't need more than 50 percent of your starters to be from South Florida to win a title at Miami. It's indisputable. We did it in 2001. You can't argue this. The team featured a ton of OOS and those guys along with the Florida guys got rings. You know why? Bc they were great football players and great football players aren't restricted to those coached by Tim ****ing Harris.

The reason u are so dumb is you keep speaking of 30 yrs...when Booker T just started playing ball back in 2000.

-Randy wasnt the link to MNW.....Miami Northwestern IS the BIG SCHOOL in the County..ALL of our Coaches from Schnelly on up have been in there. Its the school year in year out will be LOADED down with prospects...likely the best in the county.

You think USC will stop going to Long Beach Poly..? Ohio St- Glenville...Bama-Hoover ??...It MAKES NO **** SENSE....

- It was the same reason fans like u chased away Teddy Bridgewater and claimed he was a bum...and all he did was look like a top 10 college qb last season.

S.FLA Is the homebase...and the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation...and yo dumb ***....want us to be less than a 50% split..? U sh*ttin me...i like good talent...i like recruiting outside of the homebase..but i know we need to lock down our homebase FIRST.

LOL where did I ever say not to recruit these areas?

All I said was in the history of our program, MNW and BTW have combined for maybe a handful of elite players to our school.

I also said you don't need a team 75% from Miami-Dade to win a title. You can do it with a 50-50 split of South Florida to every where else.

These are undisputed facts. But as usual, for some reason if a fact about your hood comes out, it is met with anger. Same **** Luke pulls. Grow up.

I am no so sure i am agree with your premise.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/05/09/st-thomas-aquinas-nfl/index.html#

that is just a snap shot , lots of talent came out of MNW . Its no coincidence that since Booker T came into existence we are not seeing any talent come out of Miami High .

You got to be kidding me right?

First of all it's about who comes to Miami. Marvin Jones went to MNW but not the U. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. It's not a **** feeder school! Jesus Christ

Secondly being on the practice squad of an NFL team means nothing to me. Those kids on NFL teams today from MNW were mediocre here. They were JAGS. Their contributions got us a 6-6 record.

Show me more than a few elite kids from MNW to play at the U.

It's not a feeder school. It's not a pipeline. It's not more important than any other school. It shouldn't be given preference over any where else.

Can you understand this? I'm not saying cut it off. I'm saying that Ice Harris needs to get over beig annoyed that his school doesn't get first dibs now that Randy was fired.

I'm also saying that anyone who is mad that 60% of the team is not from South Florida is a COMPLETE FOOL

You do know that there is actually more than just the 2001 season right? That may be when you became a fan, but there more history than that one season. Anyone who says you should pass up on a player like Sean Spence should be slapped upside their head.

Who said you should pass on Sean Spence? Who said you should pass on anyone? All I said was in 30 years MNW and BTW have given us less than a handful of elite players, but dudes tout them like they are our feeder schools which is completely and utterly untrue. They are two of scores of schools that all should be recruited, but not given preferential treatment like what Randy did.

Yes, there were other teams besides 2001, but the 2001 team was better than all of them. And that team won, at the University of Miami, without some mythical 80-20 ratio of Miami Dade to every where else. They won with a 50-50 split! Yet fools come on here and **** that our team is 60-40 right now when the last great team we had was a LOWER RATIO. Thats what this is about.

You don't need more than 50 percent of your starters to be from South Florida to win a title at Miami. It's indisputable. We did it in 2001. You can't argue this. The team featured a ton of OOS and those guys along with the Florida guys got rings. You know why? Bc they were great football players and great football players aren't restricted to those coached by Tim ****ing Harris.

The reason u are so dumb is you keep speaking of 30 yrs...when Booker T just started playing ball back in 2000.

-Randy wasnt the link to MNW.....Miami Northwestern IS the BIG SCHOOL in the County..ALL of our Coaches from Schnelly on up have been in there. Its the school year in year out will be LOADED down with prospects...likely the best in the county.

You think USC will stop going to Long Beach Poly..? Ohio St- Glenville...Bama-Hoover ??...It MAKES NO **** SENSE....

- It was the same reason fans like u chased away Teddy Bridgewater and claimed he was a bum...and all he did was look like a top 10 college qb last season.

S.FLA Is the homebase...and the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation...and yo dumb ***....want us to be less than a 50% split..? U sh*ttin me...i like good talent...i like recruiting outside of the homebase..but i know we need to lock down our homebase FIRST.

LOL where did I ever say not to recruit these areas?

All I said was in the history of our program, MNW and BTW have combined for maybe a handful of elite players to our school.

I also said you don't need a team 75% from Miami-Dade to win a title. You can do it with a 50-50 split of South Florida to every where else.

These are undisputed facts. But as usual, for some reason if a fact about your hood comes out, it is met with anger. Same **** Luke pulls. Grow up.

But how many other high schools have given us more than a handful of elite players? STA and that's it. A handful of elite kids from a particular high school over a couple of decades is a big deal.

The real question is how many Dade schools have given us more players than MNW or BTW? If none then that is the f'n definition of a feeder school.

Seriously, if MNW is not a feeder school then we don't have a feeder school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After listening to Alonzo Highsmith's interview on wqam it seems like every player we had during the Shannon years was playing against a stacked deck. Guy was the anti development coach.

2008 class had plenty of talent. Had Golden had those kids from day one they would have been different players for us. Coach Trevor Harris intimated what we already know - our previous staff did a poor job developing talent. To your point about feeder schools, I think we'd have to discuss just how many kids from those schools we expect to be good enough to come to us that we recruit who elect to go elsewhere. My guess is that's a relatively small number.

Advertisement
Back