Where are all the great MNW and BTW Canes?

Its simple. The positions you named aren't what South Florida produces historically. We could name you some RBs, WRs, DBs, and LBs for days.

My position has never been we HAVE to have a set amount of South Florida kids. Its about who your top targets are. This year many were in South Florida. We landed some and we missed some. In the 2012 class we did very well in hitting on our top guys. Overall I say this class was about even which isn't going to cut it when the majority of your top targets are in your backyard.

Advertisement
A lot of talent comes through these schools. I'll take M Bratton, V Carey, Spence, Streeter, Perriman, Webster, B Harris, A Dixon any day. M Thomas is as good of a prospect as I've ever seen. Chad Thomas is a baller. Bridgewater, Snoop Minnis, Amari cooper would've all been great to have but they bolted so f'em. I'd love to tell these guys to kick rocks, but if the best players are from there then we need to be recruiting there.

AHAHAHAHAHHA No you did not just include Spence, Streeter, Brandon Harris. LMFAO. These guys will go down as part of the most forgettable group ever.

No one is saying don't recruit MNW and BTW. What they are saying is that people who think our best players mostly come from these two inner city 305 schools are wrong, stupid, or biased. In the case of Luther Campbell, all three.

In thirty years of the U being the U, we were able to name 3 legit studs from those schools. THREE. They are not feeder programs. They aren;t more important than any other South Florida school.

And every good coach we had knows that you don't get QBs from South Florida, you don't get TEs from South Florida, and you mostly don't get OL from South Florida. Mr. Freshmans Shannon didn't get that memo.

Sean Spence was very good at Miami. Brandon Harris was pretty good as well, just not great as I expected him to be.

Its simple. The positions you named aren't what South Florida produces historically. We could name you some RBs, WRs, DBs, and LBs for days.

My position has never been we HAVE to have a set amount of South Florida kids. Its about who your top targets are. This year many were in South Florida. We landed some and we missed some. In the 2012 class we did very well in hitting on our top guys. Overall I say this class was about even which isn't going to cut it when the majority of your top targets are in your backyard.

I didn't say **** about south florida. I said BTW and MNW. Then i stretched it into how the city of Miami itself gets overrated.

Perryman went to Coral Gables high. Clearly BTW and MNW don't have great reading comprehension courses either.

Spence was the best player on a bad defense. He was also about 20 lbs too light, slow, and should never be mentioned in the same breath as the great LBs.

Again, 3-4 kids in 30 years ISNT A FEEDER PROGRAM.

Advertisement
AHAHAHAHAHHA No you did not just include Spence, Streeter, Brandon Harris.

Just a reminder, this is not the WEZ. Trolling or spamming idiocy isn't welcome. Laughing at Sean Spence is idiocy.

Im not laughing at Spence. I'm laughing at the notion that he is somehow in the same category as Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Michael Barrow, Vilma, etc.

I didn't say **** about south florida. I said BTW and MNW. Then i stretched it into how the city of Miami itself gets overrated.

Perryman went to Coral Gables high. Clearly BTW and MNW don't have great reading comprehension courses either.

So because a kid comes here and doesn't produce, we shouldn't recruit the school anymore? Many people on these boards said MNW kids were overrated and how we should stop recruiting there after the 8 from 2008 failed as a whole. Then when Bridgewater came out everyone said he was Jacory 2.0. LOL How is Cooper looking at Bama? What about the career that David had at Nebraska and his first year with the Bucs?

My point is, maybe just maybe the coaches at the University of Miami failed the kids from those schools. Not very many kids much while Shannon was here but a lot of them were highly thought of coming out.

Again out top target this year was Matt Thomas and we missed him. Don't care what school he went to and to say he won't be any good simply because of the school he played at is laughable. Every player is different and they enter into different situations. Instead of bashing entire schools how about we take things on a case by case basis.

OP should be sent to go play with zone in the WEZ. This is absurd.

Wow I dont think a lot of people understand what S FL means S Fl is Palm beach thru The Keys if you gonna make a post get the facts straight .... No BTW and NW havent done alot lately but theres a WR from the West right now that plays for ALabama that i know we would love to have here and the poster that said they were an West alum I dont believe you West alums dont put down their
school no shape or form this thread needs to be taken away

Advertisement
Who said to stop recruiting the schools? I never said that.

What I said is that MNW and BTW are not to be held in some high regard compared to any other school in Dade, Florida, or the US. They act like the are some feeder school that is to be worshipped, and throw tantrums b/c their friend got fired for the miserable job they did.

Again, who gives a **** how they were rated coming out. Thats why Shannon got fired. You have to scout and find the best players, regardless if they were on the high school national champion. You don't just take kids as favors to your buddies. Do you think for a second that Eduardo Clements should have been taken over Gio Bernard?? But he was, and it was b/c Ice Harris was on Randy's staff and Randy offered the BTW kid and made him a priority over the significantly more talented Bernard, who didn't go to a school that Randy was in bed with.

Wow I dont think a lot of people understand what S FL means S Fl is Palm beach thru The Keys if you gonna make a post get the facts straight .... No BTW and NW havent done alot lately but theres a WR from the West right now that plays for ALabama that i know we would love to have here and the poster that said they were an West alum I dont believe you West alums dont put down their
school no shape or form

Where in the OP did i say South FLorida sucks. Jesus man, Dade schools really ARE this bad.

Again, in 30 years we are talking about three difference makers from these schools. Everyone has their panties in a bunch about schools that have supplied THREE ELITE KIDS.

What I said is that MNW and BTW are not to be held in some high regard compared to any other school in Dade, Florida, or the US. They act like the are some feeder school that is to be worshipped, and throw tantrums b/c their friend got fired for the miserable job they did.

Again, who gives a **** how they were rated coming out. Thats why Shannon got fired. You have to scout and find the best players, regardless if they were on the high school national champion. You don't just take kids as favors to your buddies. Do you think for a second that Eduardo Clements should have been taken over Gio Bernard?? But he was, and it was b/c Ice Harris was on Randy's staff and Randy offered the BTW kid and made him a priority over the significantly more talented Bernard, who didn't go to a school that Randy was in bed with.

You could also argue we took Storm and/or Hall over Gio. That is just bad evals by Shannon. He had plenty of those. Like I said many of the kids have taken from those schools were talented but they weren't developed. A few we shouldn't have taken but overall I think the majority were takes in any year. They just weren't developed properly and did **** here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's like cats on here refuse to accept that you don't need 80 kids from Dade and Broward to win a championship. It's like they feel dissed or slighted. If you are a fan of the 2001 team, you can't go crying about having a team of a lot of OOS and non SFl kids.

Again, in 30 years we are talking about three difference makers from these schools. Everyone has their panties in a bunch about schools that have supplied THREE ELITE KIDS.

History at a school should never dictate if you should recruit a kid or not. Should we not care about Thomas because BTW hasn't given us elite players lately?

Advertisement

History at a school should never dictate if you should recruit a kid or not. Should we not care about Thomas because BTW hasn't given us elite players lately?

WHERE DID I SAY NOT TO RECRUIT BTW??? All I said was losing one kid from one school doesn't mean anything. Has negligible impact on what we are capable of as a program. ESPECIALLY a program that hasn't provided us (BTW) with a single impact player. It's one school with a racist Head Coach.

People act like without Tim Ice Harris Miami is done for. And then they slay Al Golden for doing the EXACT SAME **** Butch did.

You could also argue we took Storm and/or Hall over Gio. That is just bad evals by Shannon. He had plenty of those. Like I said many of the kids have taken from those schools weren't talented but they weren't developed. A few we shouldn't have taken but overall I think the majority were takes in any year. They just weren't developed properly and did **** here.

Its an absurd revisionist argument. Gio was a good player who by all accounts "Wasnt gonna come here anyway." Clements was slightly more highly recruited nationally regardless of school. Not to mention the fact that Randy took STA kids. There are so many inaccuracies that its clearly a troll post. Ban this dude.

LOL "by all acounts Gio wasn't going to come here"......Dude did you not just experience the last week in which it's become obvious that Randy and certain schools were in bed with each other? We did not go after Gio b/c we chose Clements instead. It was an epic fail, like most of what Randy did, and was most likely the result of Tim Ice Harris.

Again, Ill take the 2001 team over the Coker and Randy all Dade teams ANY TIME.

Advertisement
Back