Where are all the great MNW and BTW Canes?

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
Seriously, look at the greatest players from our program.

NONE of the elite DTs, not ONE, was from the city of Miami.

None of the elite TE's were from Florida. TE U and not one great TE from the STATE of Florida!!!

None of the QBs, at QB U, was from Florida.

The best OL in school history, featured two NJ dudes, an Iranian, a Canadian, and a dude from Columbus High in Miami. Leon Sercy was from DC. Butch and Jimmy both went OOS consistently for OL. Coker and Randy took Miami kids at a way way higher right on OL. Howd that turn out?

LBs: Ray is from Lakeland. Armstead is from Texas. Barrow went to Homestead High. Vilma is from the Gables. Morgan was from Coral Springs via Pennsylvania. DJ Williams is from Cali. Beason is from Miramar.

Dre and Santana were both from Miami, neither went to those HSs. Reggie was from New Orleans. Irvin was from Ft. Lauderdale. Blades was from Lauderdale. Hester was from Palm Beach. Lamar Thomas is from Ocala.

Edge was from Immokalee. Portis from Gainesville. Gore went to CG High. McGahee went to Miami Central. Duke went to Norland. Melvin Bratton went to MNW

Ed Reed is from Louisiana. Sean Taylor went to Gulliver prep. Buchanon was from Palm beach. Blades was from Lauderdale. Rolle from Homestead.

The best player to come out of BTW or MNW was Marvin Jones, who went to effing FSU. These schools are NOT a big part of our history.

Look up Cokers later classes and Randy's classes. They were almost exclusively 305. That was NEVER THE FORMULA. Its about finding the speed guys locally, and filling in everything else from throughout the rest of florida and the entire country. Anyone who says differently is a ******* shill.

Last edited:
Advertisement
136.jpg

LMFAO....Where are they????

Show me all these great MNW and BTW Canes. THe only reason why we became all into those schools is bc they were blowin Randy.

Most of Butchs great teams were from all over, and it ***** on any team that Sileo played for.

Are you saying that we should turn off our pipelines to these schools?

Advertisement
Seriously, look at the greatest players from our program.

NONE of the elite DTs, not ONE, was from the city of Miami.

None of the elite TE's were from Florida. TE U and not one great TE from the STATE of Florida!!!

None of the QBs, at QB U, was from Florida.

The best OL in school history, featured two NJ dudes, an Iranian, a Canadian, and a dude from Columbus High in Miami. Leon Sercy was from DC. Butch and Jimmy both went OOS consistently for OL. Coker and Randy took Miami kids at a way way higher right on OL. Howd that turn out?

LBs: Ray is from Lakeland. Armstead is from Texas. Barrow went to Homestead High. Vilma is from the Gables. Morgan was from Coral Springs via Pennsylvania. DJ Williams is from Cali. Beason is from Miramar.

Dre and Santana were both from Miami, neither went to those HSs. Reggie was from New Orleans. Irvin was from Ft. Lauderdale. Blades was from Lauderdale. Hester was from Palm Beach. Lamar Thomas is from Ocala.

Edge was from Immokalee. Portis from Gainesville. Gore went to CG High. McGahee went to Miami Central. Duke went to Norland. Melvin Bratton went to MNW

Ed Reed is from Louisiana. Sean Taylor went to Gulliver prep. Buchanon was from Palm beach. Blades was from Lauderdale. Rolle from Homestead.

The best player to come out of BTW or MNW was Marvin Jones, who went to effing FSU. These schools are NOT a big part of our history.

Look up Cokers later classes and Randy's classes. They were almost exclusively 305. That was NEVER THE FORMULA. Its about finding the speed guys locally, and filling in everything else from throughout the rest of florida and the entire country. Anyone who says differently is a ****ing shill.

Great research...! I'm personally very content with the class. Thomas did not want to come here. Collins now has NCAA investigation written all over it. I would have liked to had Bostwick, but dad visited UF and not mom. Heard they had a great party...

Thanks again for the info...

Just out of curiosity, let's take a look at the starting lineup for the best team the U ever produced ('01):

QB: Dorsey (Cal)
RB: Portis (G-ville);
FB: Davenport (Dade)
WR: A. Johnson (Dade); K. Beard (Dade); E. Sands (Dade)
TE: Shockey (Ok)
OL: McKinnie (PA); Romberg (Canada); Sherko (Canada); Gonzalez (Dade); Bibla (PA)

DE: McDougle (Broward); A. Williams (Tampa)
DT: W. Joseph (Dade); M. Walters (Melbourne)
LB: Vilma (Dade); DJ (Cal); Cambell (Tex)
C: Buchanon (Cape Coral); Rumph (Broward)
S: Reed (LA); Lewis (I can't remember)

7/22 from Dade. Less than 1/2 from S. Florida. Interesting to note. Not sure what it means other than it's not imperative that we fill each class with 75% S. Florida kids.

SMH. Atrocious post. You left out Vernon Carey, Brett Perriman, Nate Webster amongst others. Booker T has only been playing varsity football since 2000 making them a dumb inclusion in this post to begin with but we have had 6 guys from their already.

Are you saying that we should turn off our pipelines to these schools?

What pipelines? The school isnt Randy Shannon University. The only reason we were getting a million kids from those schools is bc Shannon made a nice arrangement with their coaches. Where is this unbelievable pipeline of talent that has fed our program? Its nonsense made up by Randy.

You don't win titles by recruiting two schools over every one else. You scout the entire ******* country, and you take the best players that fit your system that you can coach up.

Advertisement
Vernon Carey is one of the All time greats now? LMFAO.

Yes I forgot about Nate. So I guess thats one in 8 great LBs from MNW. In 30 years of Canes football, we need to lick MNWs *** bc 3 guys came from there were good.

Stop this chicken little **** like if we **** Tim Ice Harris off, we won't have a team. Tim Ice Harris cares about University of Shannon, not the University of Miami. Frankly, I'd be happy to NOT take his advice on things like Eduardo Clements over Gio Bernard.

This whole "BTW and MNW are our pipelines" *** **** started and ended with Randy the ******.

We just need to be fair and balanced in our recruiting. Recruit the best players and if btw doesn't equate now go elsewhere. Believe it or not, as an educator I feel certain that if bye didn't send us any players for several years btw and dade county would be concerned. That kinda crap will work it's way out long term.

This is insane. No rational people are suggesting we should exclusively recruit South Florida but you guys are off the reservation. We live in Saudi Arabia for football and you guys want to start importing all of our oil from Alaska because two guys decided to leave home for school. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Advertisement
A lot of talent comes through these schools. I'll take M Bratton, V Carey, Spence, Streeter, Perriman, Webster, B Harris, A Dixon any day. M Thomas is as good of a prospect as I've ever seen. Chad Thomas is a baller. Bridgewater, Snoop Minnis, Amari cooper would've all been great to have but they bolted so f'em. I'd love to tell these guys to kick rocks, but if the best players are from there then we need to be recruiting there.

Sure. Because history shows that the players that follow will always go the same path of the one before them. Good logic.

Advertisement
Really this is all about one kid, Matt Thomas. Collins will be homesick by 9/1, and we got Coley and Grace. Bryant we did not want. I'll give you that it would be nice to get Bostwick, but that is really more Gator than Cane Country especially these days. If we got Matt Thomas, we aren't even discussing this.

A lot of talent comes through these schools. I'll take M Bratton, V Carey, Spence, Streeter, Perriman, Webster, B Harris, A Dixon any day. M Thomas is as good of a prospect as I've ever seen. Chad Thomas is a baller. Bridgewater, Snoop Minnis, Amari cooper would've all been great to have but they bolted so f'em. I'd love to tell these guys to kick rocks, but if the best players are from there then we need to be recruiting there.

AHAHAHAHAHHA No you did not just include Spence, Streeter, Brandon Harris. LMFAO. These guys will go down as part of the most forgettable group ever.

No one is saying don't recruit MNW and BTW. What they are saying is that people who think our best players mostly come from these two inner city 305 schools are wrong, stupid, or biased. In the case of Luther Campbell, all three.

In thirty years of the U being the U, we were able to name 3 legit studs from those schools. THREE. They are not feeder programs. They aren;t more important than any other South Florida school.

And every good coach we had knows that you don't get QBs from South Florida, you don't get TEs from South Florida, and you mostly don't get OL from South Florida. Mr. Freshmans Shannon didn't get that memo.

Really this is all about one kid, Matt Thomas. Collins will be homesick by 9/1, and we got Coley and Grace. Bryant we did not want. I'll give you that it would be nice to get Bostwick, but that is really more Gator than Cane Country especially these days. If we got Matt Thomas, we aren't even discussing this.

Exactly. Thats my point. We missed ONE stud. Its happened before with marvin jones. The program isn't going to die bc Ice Harris puts skin color ahead of anything else and it cost us ONE kid.

Advertisement
Back