Off-Topic When you die . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt,
Every society chooses to follow their own laws.

I'm sure there are plenty of traditions and actions they find repulsive about ours.

Serious question Salt,

Why are you so **** bent on determining how everyone else should live? I really want to understand

Because as you mentioned there is good and evil and there is something transcendent about it. But now you seem to be saying what is good or bad should be based on what you are repulsed or not by?

That is a subjective basis . That is not transcendent. You think what is good and bad should be left to whatever your gut tells you?

If beheading homosexuals for their sexual behavior is bad, if there is a transcendent basis to good and evil, then that would be bad everywhere and at all times.

The mullahs would not just be wrong they would also be evil. Would you fight against Sharia law getting into your community, Mainland? Or you would be ok with it if the majority accepted it? That is what I would like to understand.

Advertisement
Because as you mentioned there is good and evil and there is something transcendent about it. But now you seem to be saying what is good or bad should be based on what you are repulsed or not by?

That is a subjective basis . That is not transcendent. You think what is good and bad should be left to whatever your gut tells you?

If beheading homosexuals for their sexual behavior is bad, if there is a transcendent basis to good and evil, then that would be bad everywhere and at all times.

The mullahs would not just be wrong they would also be evil. Would you fight against Sharia law getting into your community, Mainland? Or you would be ok with it if the majority accepted it? That is what I would like to understand.

Let me ask you in a different way. Hopefully you will finally answer

"Why are you so **** bent on determining how everyone else should live?"

Don't expect others to answer your tangential questions when you can not or will not answer a simple query. What's the use because we'll just be talking past each other.

I don't want to and will not participate in that kind of conversation.

So once again. Answer the same question previously asked or let's just not talk

Let me ask you in a different way. Hopefully you will finally answer

"Why are you so **** bent on determining how everyone else should live?"
Well, I’m not Salt, but I’d like to have a crack at this one. Like so many of the issues currently being discussed, it all comes down to one’s worldview.

If you believe that you are here as a result of a random explosion in the remote past and that the lights simply go out when you die, then let’s face it, nothing really matters. Your opinion of reality is as good as anyone else’s and there are no consequences beyond your brief life on earth.

On the other hand, if you believe that someone came from heaven, proved He is the Son of God by rising from the grave, and stated that He will one day judge all of mankind by the standard He has set forth, then there is abundant motivation to persuade others to prepare for that occasion.

Don't expect others to answer your tangential questions when you can not or will not answer a simple query. What's the use because we'll just be talking past each other.

I don't want to and will not participate in that kind of conversation.

So once again. Answer the same question previously asked or let's just not talk
Well, I’m not Salt, but I’d like to have a crack at this one. Like so many of the issues currently being discussed, it all comes down to one’s worldview.

If you believe that you are here as a result of a random explosion in the remote past and that the lights simply go out when you die, then let’s face it, nothing really matters. Your opinion of reality is as good as anyone else’s and there are no consequences beyond your brief life on earth.

On the other hand, if you believe that someone came from heaven, proved He is the Son of God by rising from the grave, and stated that He will one day judge all of mankind by the standard He has set forth, then there is abundant motivation to persuade others to prepare for that occasion.

I appreciate your answer ddann.

Not saying I agree with it but I appreciate it. Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong ok, are you saying that what you believe and feel is correct is what your God wants for us all.

Well ok cool thanks for that info. Guess we simply disagree

I have nothing more to discuss with Salt. I wish him well

Advertisement

Well, I am not Mainland, but I think he does believe in goodness but doesn’t have a very good foundation for it. His foundation seems to be good is whatever the majority decides which is kind of scary when you think historically what that has looked like in Mao’s China, Lenin’s Russia, or Hitler’s Germany.

Should we not have been **** bent to make sure these ideologies didn’t further spread?

I am afraid until he is able to tackle the source of his own moral value and worth he is not near ready to tackle your important question.

I believe the position of most leftists is that beheadings of Americans by Muslim immigrants in America is but a small price to pay for diversity!

Well, I am not Mainland, but I think he does believe in goodness but doesn’t have a very good foundation for it. His foundation seems to be good is whatever the majority decides which is kind of scary when you think historically what that has looked like in Mao’s China, Lenin’s Russia, or ******’s Germany.

Should we not have been **** bent to make sure these ideologies didn’t further spread?

I am afraid until he is able to tackle the source of his own moral value and worth he is not near ready to tackle your important question.
Yes, I believe you’re right. Most seem to think it’s easier to just brush the tough questions aside. Easier in the short term, that is.

I believe the position of most leftists is that beheadings of Americans by Muslim immigrants in America is but a small price to pay for diversity!
As long as they are beheading deplorables they may be ok with it.

Advertisement
Well, I am not Mainland, but I think he does believe in goodness but doesn’t have a very good foundation for it. His foundation seems to be good is whatever the majority decides which is kind of scary when you think historically what that has looked like in Mao’s China, Lenin’s Russia, or ******’s Germany.

You are not worth replying to S.

Mainly because I can't stop laughing at your posts and feeble attempts to imagine what I and everyone else thinks. That combined with your inability and fear of answering questions.

The only way you can even hope to stand in a discussion is to try to speak for the person who disagrees with you and even then you cannot hold your own.

Keep the laughs coming. Because you're hilarious

Last edited:
Yes, I believe you’re right. Most seem to think it’s easier to just brush the tough questions aside. Easier in the short term, that is.

ddann I've answered every question of anyone in this thread who has also answered mine and you cannot honestly disagree with that.

As for the others who want one way discussions or think otherwise... ***** Em.

If I disagree with someone, I just simply disagree

Last edited:
You are not worth replying to S.

Mainly because I can't stop laughing at your posts and feeble attempts to imagine what I and everyone else thinks. That combined with your inability and fear of answering questions.

The only way you can even hope to stand in a discussion is to try to speak for the person who disagrees with you and even then you cannot hold your own.

Keep the laughs coming. Because you're hilarious

That’s fine, Mainland. It is informative to me to see why people hold the views they do even if they really can’t defend them when pressed. Your reaction is par for the course and typical of someone who hasn’t really thought through what holds up their world view. Thin air is not a good foundation. I know exposing that can appear threatening to you so I expect defensiveness on your part. You can avoid it if you wish. Hopefully the brief cognitive dissonance you experienced in this discussion wakes you up a bit from the fog. Take care.

That’s fine, Mainland. It is informative to me to see why people hold the views they do even if they really can’t defend them when pressed. Your reaction is par for the course and typical of someone who hasn’t really thought through what holds up their world view. Thin air is not a good foundation. I know exposing that can appear threatening to you so I expect defensiveness on your part. You can avoid it if you wish. Hopefully the brief cognitive dissonance you experienced in this discussion wakes you up a bit from the fog. Take care.

Listen Silt let me bottom line this for you. Just as I have done so for every delusional religious zealots who speaks to me imagining that they alone speak for God.

I believe that you have as much insight into what happens to us after death or how I should live my life as my neighbor's dog does. So let me make this clear and simple for you.
  1. I have heard you and understand what you're saying
  2. I simply do NOT believe you.
  3. I am NOT obligated to believe you
  4. I'm NOT joining the Church of Salt or any other cult .....and will NOT send you money$$$
  5. I do NOT believe that you have a special direct connection with God any more so than I or anyone else does
  6. I will NOT join your congregation.
  7. I do NOT share your view that it is my obligation to force my views upon others
  8. I do NOT accept you as my priest, pastor, rabbi, mullah, village chieftain, or spiritual religious advisor.
  9. You are entitled to your beliefs, however funny...BUT understand this , they are only your beliefs. NOT something everyone else MUST share.
  10. I have no need to defend my viewpoint or beliefs to you. Religion is NOT something that can be argued or forced upon others. My beliefs are MY BELIEFS and they will always remain however I choose.
Silt, you mistakenly think that people stop interacting with you because you're right or insightful. It's quite the contrary.
People view you the same way as they do all the other street zealots that stand on their soap boxes on corners with their bull horns or those Jehovah Witnesses knocking on our doors handing out pamphlets that pass through neighborhoods occasionally. Only we can walk on by or close our door on them after we've asked them to leave. I have lots more respect for those types of zealots because they accept and realize when their views are unwanted. Although I can put you on ignore now.​
Think of it this way, I've built and am having a wonderful life, been blessed with happiness, abundance, accomplishments, beautiful intelligent progeny, good health and the respect of others inside and outside of my community. I've managed to do all this without EVER stooping to taking the advice from some self appointed religious zealot on a sports chat board seeking to impose his views as gospel unto me. So my life choices have worked out exceptionally well for me. I wish the same blessings for everyone else.​

Soooooo, if you actually think that you have had even the slightest iota of impact on me beyond being hilarious, then you are sadly mistaken. Because the fact is, I'd have to be an idiot to adopt your life or viewpoints as my own because you are NOT God's representative on earth, and I pity you if you actually believe that you are ......and as far as I've been told, and know, I'm far from being an idiot.

So thanks and have a wonderful life and after life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listen Silt let me bottom line this for you. Just as I have done so for every delusional religious zealots who speaks to me imagining that they alone speak for God.

I believe that you have as much insight into what happens to us after death or how I should live my life as my neighbor's dog does. So let me make this clear and simple for you.
  1. I have heard you and understand what you're saying
  2. I simply do NOT believe you.
  3. I am NOT obligated to believe you
  4. I'm NOT joining the Church of Salt or any other cult .....and will NOT send you money$$$
  5. I do NOT believe that you have a special direct connection with God any more so than I or anyone else does
  6. I will NOT join your congregation.
  7. I do NOT share your view that it is my obligation to force my views upon others
  8. I do NOT accept you as my priest, pastor, rabbi, mullah, village chieftain, or spiritual religious advisor.
  9. You are entitled to your beliefs, however funny...BUT understand this , they are only your beliefs. NOT something everyone else MUST share.
  10. I have no need to defend my viewpoint or beliefs to you. Religion is NOT something that can be argued or forced upon others. My beliefs are MY BELIEFS and they will always remain however I choose.
Silt, you mistakenly think that people stop interacting with you because you're right or insightful. It's quite the contrary.
People view you the same way as they do all the other street zealots that stand on their soap boxes on corners with their bull horns or those Jehovah Witnesses knocking on our doors handing out pamphlets that pass through neighborhoods occasionally. Only we can walk on by or close our door on them after we've asked them to leave. I have lots more respect for those types of zealots because they accept and realize when their views are unwanted. Although I can put you on ignore now.​
Think of it this way, I've built and am having a wonderful life, been blessed with happiness, abundance, accomplishments, beautiful intelligent progeny, good health and the respect of others inside and outside of my community. I've managed to do all this without EVER stooping to taking the advice from some self appointed religious zealot on a sports chat board seeking to impose his views as gospel unto me. So my life choices have worked out exceptionally well for me. I wish the same blessings for everyone else.​

Soooooo, if you actually think that you have had even the slightest iota of impact on me beyond being hilarious, then you are sadly mistaken. Because the fact is, I'd have to be an idiot to adopt your life or viewpoints as my own because you are NOT God's representative on earth, and I pity you if you actually believe that you are ......and as far as I've been told, and know, I'm far from being an idiot.

So thanks and have a wonderful life and after life.

Thanks for taking time to reply. Silt? Clever. You are obviously still very defensive for someone so self assured of their beliefs. I have touched a nerve obviously. Don’t get angry at me for pointing out inconsistencies in your moral reasoning.

I never claimed to be representative of God on earth. I believe that happens to be Christ. Zealot? Hardly. Not here to convince anyone other than abortion is murder. I think I have defended the position pretty thoroughly (in another thread). You on the other hand have not. Don’t blame me for that!

You have done a poor job defending your moral reasoning. I was just trying to get to the heart of why you believe what you believe. But instead of engaging in respectful dialogue you shut down and get offended when challenged to defend your position. Then come back with insults.

Ad hominem attacks are not arguments.

You’ve been challenged to defend your beliefs and you can’t. You come back and tell me that since you have been blessed you must got it right. LOL Maybe you should read Job. It doesn’t necessarily work that way. I mean Christ suffered and was crucified. He was the son of God.

You can have things going quite well no matter your beliefs. Good for you! Even dictators and thugs can. That means nothing in the end.

So go on and live your good life even though you have demonstrated no basis for what makes something good or bad other than popular opinion.

You can reply to this or not. If you just want to rant go ahead. I will not reply anymore to your rants. If you want to have substantive dialogue, fine. I can talk substance.

Transmutation of my soul into the continuum of eternal realm

My body shall perish, but the spirit will return home to Haris-El-Sema

Energy never dies, it coagulates, absorbs new radiant energy from the transducers of the progenitor & begins the process of frequency resonation & illumination into nucleosynthesis which creates new energy, new souls & new stars.

As above so below, as within so without, when you sleep you Die, when you Die you wake up...
Merrily merrily merrily Life is but a dream...

View attachment 188444
Screenshot_20230829_094525_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
The truth is, nobody has a friggin’ clue what happens to us when we die and that’s perfectly fine. Alas, man’s hubris and ego won’t allow him to admit that though, so people cling to religion and all sorts of man-made fallacies because it makes them feel safe. It helps them sleep better at night. Socrates penned the phrase, “I know that I know nothing.” I’ve tried to fill my brain with as much knowledge as possible throughout my life but we need to not be afraid to admit to ourselves; I. Don’t. Know. I think the most important thing is keeping your mind open to the possibility that anything is plausible..

If you subscribe to my post-humous newsletter, I'll be blogging my after-life experience once I die a natural death. For 10 easy payments of $100, You'll have all the answers I can give once I get to the other side.

I'd missed this thread previously, and am surprised at some of the views here - me being a simple man -

I'm probably on the older side of the Age - Bell Curve here, so I'm not exactly unobservant about many things I've run across in my (still) short time here on this plane.

Let me say clearly - that I am not a good Christian - but I really do try - and I don't attach misinformation to what happens upon and after death.

I just don't see why everyone has to make this so difficult.

When it's so simple.

This life. It's not an accident, nor an adventure. It's a final exam.

It's a final exam - and it's pass/fail.

How do you prepare for an exam? Feel around in the darkness? Walk by the library? Keep a dusty textbook on your table? Ask the Uber driver? Play a video game? HOW do you prepare for an exam?

Here's the other thing: YOU are not the teacher - YOU and your standards are NOT the ACCEPTABLE answers. YOUR comfort level is not of concern. YOU don't have to understand all the material - but only the CORRECT facts will be the RIGHT answers. Answers must be RIGHT or WRONG.

The Professor would LOVE it if you all learned all the material inside out - he's laid it out for the taking - but some - no, MANY - think they know better - have some trick insight that MUST be right - because THEY are the origin - and so intellectually developed.

If we can all agree that OUR perceptions walking into the final exam don't count - and that the only answers that will be found acceptable will be determined by the professor - doesn't it make sense to STFU and study the material the Judge of the exam will only consider?

HE doesn't care for your opinion. HE sets the rules. HE is the Judge. He will have it His way - and ONLY His way.

I know - it's a shocker - your opinion means NOTHING. You follow the rules, follow your instructions that are clearly available - or your forever is not a pretty picture.

If I create a carving, a primitive bowl from mud - anything - it's mine. That creation will be used as I wish - and if at some time I decide it's flawed more than worth - I have no problem tossing it. I OWE that flawed creation - NOTHING.

That's us.

It's all going to be done HIS way - or He'll throw it in the fire - as He's done with it.

We're told exactly in brief words exactly what happens in the pass/fail. I scrolled through the entire thread - and not one mention. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back