Off-Topic When you die . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
My body into the ground and my soul to Heaven.
The inspired wise man put it like this:
“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it” (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

However, that doesn’t mean everyone goes to heaven.

Advertisement
I want to be shot in the back, by a jealous husband, when I'm 95...
once your dead your dead...

It’s an immutable law of physics and that matter never ceases to exist.

Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Look it up.

That is an absolute law of physics.

So your molecules will continue to exist in the universe, as long as the universe exists. They might be part of a proud lion in the jungle, or the next superstar of Miami Hurricanes football. Or your molecules might end up in outer space, or eventually as part of another star. That’s not religion, that is science.

Other than that, I got nothing.

I was surprised that so many of you did not go with heaven or ****. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Second Law of Thermodynamics, I think! I tend to think we may reunite with the universe, and then from there who knows?

Advertisement
If it’s ****, a lot of people gonna want to speak to the manager when they get there
plane heaven GIF by South Park

It’s an immutable law of physics and that matter never ceases to exist.

Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Look it up.

That is an absolute law of physics.

So your molecules will continue to exist in the universe, as long as the universe exists. They might be part of a proud lion in the jungle, or the next superstar of Miami Hurricanes football. Or your molecules might end up in outer space, or eventually as part of another star. That’s not religion, that is science.

Other than that, I got nothing.
Your body becomes grub.
lion king simba GIF

Its the ⭕️ of life.

I was surprised that so many of you did not go with heaven or ****. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Second Law of Thermodynamics, I think! I tend to think we may reunite with the universe, and then from there who knows?
You can easily replace “the universe” with god.
Just Saying Frances Mcdormand GIF by Golden Globes

Advertisement
According to the Scripture, when a person dies, the body is put into the ground and begins to decay. But the soul is eternal. Those who have received the gospel of Christ by faith alone (apart from works), their soul immediately enters into the presence of the Lord, but the one who rejects the gospel, his soul immediately enters **** where he waits for the final judgment.

According to the Scripture, when a person dies, the body is put into the ground and begins to decay. But the soul is eternal. Those who have received the gospel of Christ by faith alone (apart from works), their soul immediately enters into the presence of the Lord, but the one who rejects the gospel, his soul immediately enters **** where he waits for the final judgment.
Oh ****!

saddam hussein devil GIF by South Park

Do you think Charles Finney is in or out?

The inspired wise man put it like this:
“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it” (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

However, that doesn’t mean everyone goes to heaven.

The two option thing again that does it for me. Heaven or ****. If you are good, you go to heaven. If you are bad you go to ****. Does God really require a substitutionary atonement for humanity to get into heaven? Jesus who wasn't sexually reproduced, but was still born out of Mary is the atonement. I still have yet to meet a virgin who gave birth . . . though it may be possible today due to modern science.

I am inclined to think all dogs go to heaven though!

Advertisement
Do you think Charles Finney is in or out?
brother, I don't know. The Scripture is clear that a man who is saved will have corresponding fruit i.e., he will love God, love the things of God, produce the fruit of the Spirit, and etc. A lot of Finney's theology I would disagree with, but if he sincerely trusted in the gospel of Christ for salvation and not his own merit, then he's in.

If you're not a Catholic, my priest in grade school had some bad news for you, i.e., heaven is only for RCs in good standing (even if your life was beyond any reproach). From that day forward, I saw organized religion for the ridiculous charade it was/is.

Then you clearly don’t understand organized religion and it’s historical role in humanity.

Advertisement
Then you clearly don’t understand organized religion and it’s historical role in humanity.
I understand full well how many have died unnecessarily throughout history because of it. From the Roman times, through the Crusades, the Inquisition, heresy trials/burnings, beheadings, Ireland's "troubles", Islamic terrorism, the general bigotry organized religion often inspires, etc.

I understand full well how many have died unnecessarily throughout history because of it. From the Roman times, through the Crusades, the Inquisition, heresy trials/burnings, beheadings, Ireland's "troubles", Islamic terrorism, the general bigotry organized religion often inspires, etc.

That‘s a very shallow, simplistic and one-sided view of the role of religion in humanity. I get it, you’re not a very deep thinker, but you have to try a little harder.

I can quote back to you the misery and genocidal death that has been caused by non-religious people like Hilter, Stalin, PolPot, among many many others, just in the last century alone. But I tend to look a little deeper at things.

"Historical role in humanity." You mean like Jimmy Swaggart, Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker, the Reverend Ike and other buffoons who fleeced their gullible flocks for $$ they could ill afford to donate? Or, the millionaire (many times over) "pastors" of mega churches? Or, the glut of pedophile priests, preying on kids? Won't get into the many papal sins over the centuries, the snake-handling religions, speaking in tongues and all the other foolishness.

If you wanna further your deep thinking on the subject, watch Bill Maher's "Religulous." That's OK to watch, as Bill is now accepted by this country's conservatives as a convert to their orthodoxy.

How would you say America has been impacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back