When would 8-4 for this season have been acceptable?

College and
Excellent post. Hit the nail on the head.

Watching the Phins this season, I am left wondering how an organization could squander so many top draft picks in such a short amount of time? It’s criminal.

The college and pro football teams are almost mirror images of each other. Only difference is that in the NFL, everyone is talented. If you go by 247 star rank, the Canes are more talented at almost every position on the field than every other team in the ACC, with the exception of Clemson.

Any competent GM/AD would have have the Phins back on track with the riches of draft picks that they had garnered. The same for the Canes if a competent AD was hiring our coaches.

Instead, we got a dumb@$$ that drafted a short QB with injury issues, and who refused to rebuild our horrible offensive line through the draft. Same with Manolo and his horrible LB and CB recruiting.

Grier and Flores also insulted Fitzpatrick by sitting him down when he had our team rolling last season, in favor of the rookie Tua, because of “woke” culture pressure. I said then that it was a HUGE mistake, and I hate that I was right.

Tua will be a journeyman QB in the NFL. Our OL is downright terrible. Our RB’s are also awful. The only parts of the offense where we have some talent is at WR and TE, but it’s being squandered year after year.

It must be nice to be paid millions of dollars a year to be terrible at something like these dudes are.
nfl are nothing like each other. In college you criticize recruiting, but bama doesn’t sit by and wait to see who we’ll pick. And they don’t have any limits on what they can pay.
As for getting paid to be terrible, they get paid to be terrible because there’s literally nobody else who can do the job better. Maybe he’s not performing well, but that guy you think sucks is one of the 50 most talented people in the world at that position.

And all this talk of things being unacceptable, what does that mean? Sure you don’t like it, but I acceptable? You and I will both accept it because it’s a factual thing that actually happened. We’ve lost at least 4 games this year, there is no not accepting that.

Advertisement
He needs to win out, one loss and he needs to be let go. Like coach Herman Boone in Remember the Titans.

I guess one question would be, if you knew going into the season that D’Eriq King would be injured in Week 1 and out for good Week 4, that Garcia would be out, that Camron, Cheney, Bolden, and two OLmen would be knocked out...would you have entered the year then thinking that 8-4 was the realistic result given the roster shortcoming (cornerback, linebacker) that we entered the season with, and the unknown quanitity that TVD presented?

I guess one question would be, if you knew going into the season that D’Eriq King would be injured in Week 1 and out for good Week 4, that Garcia would be out, that Camron, Cheney, Bolden, and two OLmen would be knocked out...would you have entered the year then thinking that 8-4 was the realistic result given the roster shortcoming (cornerback, linebacker) that we entered the season with, and the unknown quanitity that TVD presented?
The issue is when we were healthy, we looked even worse. That’s why everyone should be fired

8-4 was high on my projection chart. So 8-4 was always acceptable for me. Now 2-4 to 8-4? That would actually be kind of impressive. I don't know what to tell ya. It would be.
I still don't think we get to 8-4 though. Could be wrong. TVD might be that good.....

Advertisement
And your point is exactly what?

The team just looked really poorly coached in most of its first 6 games. They came out flat, got out-planned, couldn't tackle, and committed a lot of penalties. These returning players with all their experience did not look like they had progressed from last season.
When I think of the 2-4 start, that's what I think about.

So it’s unreasonable to discuss what the expectation would have been factoring in losing:
- top 2/3 QBs
- top 2/3 RBs, 3 was suspended for 4 games
- 2 starting OL
- starting LB out 4 games
- starting safety plays hurt for 3 weeks, then out

All these threads about saving Manny’s job, yet no one is really arguing he should keep it..

Fire Blake now
College and

nfl are nothing like each other. In college you criticize recruiting, but bama doesn’t sit by and wait to see who we’ll pick. And they don’t have any limits on what they can pay.
As for getting paid to be terrible, they get paid to be terrible because there’s literally nobody else who can do the job better. Maybe he’s not performing well, but that guy you think sucks is one of the 50 most talented people in the world at that position.

And all this talk of things being unacceptable, what does that mean? Sure you don’t like it, but I acceptable? You and I will both accept it because it’s a factual thing that actually happened. We’ve lost at least 4 games this year, there is no not accepting that.
Seek professional help.
Dude, seriously? You still have the “15-0 is a lifestyle” bullshyte as your profile description.

Yet you’re still calling out @Dwinstitles for loving this program so much that he tells the truth?

It’s a wonder that you haven’t been banned for a month for all of the threads where you and your merry men would gang up on dissenters before the season started. ****, you guys are still doing it to some degree, after these last two wins.

It’s funny because after losses, you and your merry men disappear for a few days. Then you give excuses as to why you were gone from the board to face the music. Last time you told me that you were driving home from the game. Did it take you 48-72 hours to get home?

At least we “mopes” have the balls and integrity to come on the board no matter what after each game and discuss the issues plaguing our program like men.

As I’ve stated before, I’m super happy for the young men that are fighting their hearts out to win week in and week out, in spite of Manolo doing his best to help them lose.

Last edited:
1. Schedule. Literally the hardest schedule in the country. Lol.

2. Returning players are all hurt.

When you guys come back to planet Earth let me know. I'm trying to disengage but the dumbness here is overwhelming ...
Says the guy who rode the bench on sorry teams, so he's learn to accept mediocrity and champion a corch whose hanging on while freshmen and transfers scratch and fight. Get them away from Manure asap

Advertisement
Dude, seriously? You still have the “15-0 is a lifestyle” bullshyte as your profile description.

Yet you’re still calling out @Dwinstitles for loving this program so much that he tells the truth?

It’s a wonder that you haven’t been banned for a month for all of the threads where you and your merry men would gang up on dissenters before the season started. ****, you guys are still doing it to some degree, after these last two wins.

It’s funny because after losses, you and your merry men disappear for a few days. Then you give excuses as to why you were gone from to board to face the music. Last time you told me that you were driving home from the game. Did it take you 48-72 hours to get home?

At least we “mopes” have the balls and integrity to come on the board no matter what after each game and discuss the issues plaguing our program like men.

As I’ve stated before, I’m super happy for the young men that are fighting their hearts out to win week in and week out, in spite of Manolo doing his best to help them lose.
Its funny you two come up together. Cause Ive been unable to decide which of you had the most amazing hot take today. The options are :

A) It’s probably best to just fold this program.

B) We should walk off the field in protest over non-calls. Even if we forfeit the game.

They’re both equal parts preposterous and hyperbolic. Both teeming with just enough fervor to convince that you really mean something so unbelievably insane. I’m just going to call them a tie.

Appreciate you reminding me to comment on it.

It’s funny because after losses, you and your merry men disappear for a few days. Then you give excuses as to why you were gone from the board to face the music. Last time you told me that you were driving home from the game. Did it take you 48-72 hours to get home?

Facts

Dude said he was on a boat one time....probably fishing for his 15-0 shirt he threw in the water the previous week while he was in tears Manny betrayed him.

Its funny you two come up together. Cause Ive been unable to decide which of you had the most amazing hot take today. The options are :

A) It’s probably best to just fold this program.

B) We should walk off the field in protest over non-calls. Even if we forfeit the game.

They’re both equal parts preposterous and hyperbolic. Both teeming with just enough fervor to convince that you really mean something so unbelievably insane. I’m just going to call them a tie.

Appreciate you reminding me to comment on it.
Always deflecting. Not surprised. You still haven’t even manned up for the 15-0 debacle. After all the ***** that you talked this off-season, if I were you, I would’ve either manned up and taken the L like a man, or been ashamed to ever comment on CiS ever again.

But what did you do? You chose to double down on your rhetoric. You’re possibly the biggest clown on this board, and that’s saying something.

But at least you say some funny **** from time to time, which is part of why you’re so good at being a clown.

Facts

Dude said he was on a boat one time....probably fishing for his 15-0 shirt he threw in the water the previous week while he was in tears Manny betrayed him.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

****, bro.

Finish Him Mortal Kombat GIF
funny goat GIF
finish him mortal kombat GIF
mortal kombat 90s GIF

Advertisement
Facts

You guys obsessively itracking my every move absolutely makes my day.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement
Everyone keeps coming up with different scenarios for Manny to stay or go. Even if he wins out, he should go. You have to remember to look at the body of work as a whole and not this stretch at the end of the season. I wish it did work but it has not. You can tell he wants it, but you can also tell he ain’t that dude. Above all, Blake has to go. My .02 cents.

If we win out and keep producing offensively, that shows progress.

I was down to fire Lashlee. Gotta get better on the OL, but the offense keeps producing like it is, I'm willing to slow my roll on that.

As for Manny, I haven't seen this team quit once under him. These kids fight until the end time and time again.

If he wins out, he'll not only stay, but deservedly so. No way I'm extending him, but even with one loss that's a **** of a turnaround and with a very young team. Before someone says how vet we were, yes we were, but was it quality vets? No, it wasn't at all.

The one catch in all of that. He needs to hire a dedicated defensive coordinator. The University needs to fund a big hire there, 1.5 mil or thereabouts at least. Things don't work out next year, then you've made a serious effort.

Advertisement
Back