When would 8-4 for this season have been acceptable?

Canenable

Recruit
Certainly at the beginning of the season 8-4 would not have had anyone supporting Manny Diaz to continue, not when the team has such deficiencies in the exact areas related to coaching. Now we are going to hear how we are the greatest team at the end of the season, like FSU used to crow about. 4 losses should still lead to an exit package for Manny, I would say exit interview but there is literally nothing to be gleaned from Manny on the way out the door.

Blake James needs to be terminated just like Chris Grier needs to be gone as the Dolphins GM. A new GM of any quality would methodically replace Manny Diaz and find a competent coach that can teach the fundamentals and show the team what it takes to win. I love the efforts over the past couple of weeks, but I posted here about 6 weeks ago after the MSU game that the 2 best groups on this team are the freshman and the transfers, both of whom have not been coached very log by Manny, it is not a coincidence.

Advertisement
When it turned out we scheduled two top 5 OOC games and then the Heisman candidate quarterback and two of the top running backs were out for the year, forcing the team to go from veterans full of super seniors to true freshman and second year freshmen.

8 - 4 would literally get Manny votes for ACC coach of the year (I'm sure wake coach wins). That would be an incredible accomplishment given the obstacles faced.

Advertisement
Certainly at the beginning of the season 8-4 would not have had anyone supporting Manny Diaz to continue, not when the team has such deficiencies in the exact areas related to coaching. Now we are going to hear how we are the greatest team at the end of the season, like FSU used to crow about. 4 losses should still lead to an exit package for Manny, I would say exit interview but there is literally nothing to be gleaned from Manny on the way out the door.

Blake James needs to be terminated just like Chris Grier needs to be gone as the Dolphins GM. A new GM of any quality would methodically replace Manny Diaz and find a competent coach that can teach the fundamentals and show the team what it takes to win. I love the efforts over the past couple of weeks, but I posted here about 6 weeks ago after the MSU game that the 2 best groups on this team are the freshman and the transfers, both of whom have not been coached very log by Manny, it is not a coincidence.
Excellent post. Hit the nail on the head.

Watching the Phins this season, I am left wondering how an organization could squander so many top draft picks in such a short amount of time? It’s criminal.

The college and pro football teams are almost mirror images of each other. Only difference is that in the NFL, everyone is talented. If you go by 247 star rank, the Canes are more talented at almost every position on the field than every other team in the ACC, with the exception of Clemson.

Any competent GM/AD would have have the Phins back on track with the riches of draft picks that they had garnered. The same for the Canes if a competent AD was hiring our coaches.

Instead, we got a dumb@$$ that drafted a short QB with injury issues, and who refused to rebuild our horrible offensive line through the draft. Same with Manolo and his horrible LB and CB recruiting.

Grier and Flores also insulted Fitzpatrick by sitting him down when he had our team rolling last season, in favor of the rookie Tua, because of “woke” culture pressure. I said then that it was a HUGE mistake, and I hate that I was right.

Tua will be a journeyman QB in the NFL. Our OL is downright terrible. Our RB’s are also awful. The only parts of the offense where we have some talent is at WR and TE, but it’s being squandered year after year.

It must be nice to be paid millions of dollars a year to be terrible at something like these dudes are.

When it turned out we scheduled two top 5 OOC games and then the Heisman candidate quarterback and two of the top running backs were out for the year, forcing the team to go from veterans full of super seniors to true freshman and second year freshmen.

8 - 4 would literally get Manny votes for ACC coach of the year (I'm sure wake coach wins). That would be an incredible accomplishment given the obstacles faced.
Way to move the goalposts. You are proof that cognitive dissonance is real.

Ok, I’ll bite - what about 2019 - losses to FIU, La Tech, etc. what about always getting blown out vs the good teams? Games coming off bye weeks? Bowl Record as HC & DC in the last 6 years? Etc, Etc!

Advertisement
The obvious and only alternative is to forfeit the remainder of the season, then promptly fold the program.
That was his plan for mid game strategy when a call goes against us…. Likely resets every PlayStation game when he starts losing to the computer…

Advertisement

This is the stupidity of this argument: teams like nc state and Pitt forever hold the ranking at the time we beat them in some fans eyes to make them better than they are, because neither are ranked anymore fyi. But a team like MSU who isn’t ranked when we play them that end up being ranked after we play, are still billed as “top 5”. They are better than expected but then why can’t we beat them or be top 5 if msu can do that after going 2-5 last year? Either way, the argument falls apart

Way to move the goalposts. You are proof that cognitive dissonance is real.
So it’s unreasonable to discuss what the expectation would have been factoring in losing:
- top 2/3 QBs
- top 2/3 RBs, 3 was suspended for 4 games
- 2 starting OL
- starting LB out 4 games
- starting safety plays hurt for 3 weeks, then out

All these threads about saving Manny’s job, yet no one is really arguing he should keep it..

Fire Blake now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back