When will we be ready to take down Clemson?

Advertisement
I'm not concerned with Clemson. I am more concerned with beating the teams in the Coastal we should never lose to.

I actually think this season could be the year we shock the college football world. IF King plays well, no one in the Coastal should have a prayer. Obviously, we are not on Clemson's level, but that doesn't mean we can't beat them. Just take care of the Coastal first.

Actually, we have taken a step back from that. Not only do we have consecutive losses to GT AND Duke, but we also can't beat two Conf USA teams.

Actually, we have taken a step back from that. Not only do we have consecutive losses to GT AND Duke, but we also can't beat two Conf USA teams.
I wouldn't say "can't". We **** sure CAN, but not with the space cowboy or gangster of love at QB.

Our defense would eat Trevor Lawrence. Draft stock would drop f*ckin around with us. UNC defense is aggressive but not nearly aggressive as ours and they ate his a** up.

I guarantee the last team Dabo wants to face in the ACC is a Miami team that can score points.

I see soomebody understands football, clemson is good but they're not a real Miami team good, the one player clemson has that's definitely legit is that runningback, cant deny his talent, trevor lawrence is a good college qb, but under pressure he looks like an average qb, we just need to man up on their wideouts and not play that cotton candy *** defense coach diaz went to, if you gone lose, at least lose playing the same way you played all year, diaz gone go to that zone crap. This defense has the personnel and chance to be on the level or better than that 2018 bunch, we'll be more athletic in alot of spots except at d-tackle. If these guys start playing up to their potential, they could become a real dominant defense, which is why i wanted to see trevor face that 2018 defense, he would've been getting punished.

Also, im looking to see how our d-line guys look going into year 2 under coach stroud, he's definitely a run stopping d-line coach, if we have a strong 8 man rotation, going to be real interesting for opposing offenses. I like how we looking at corner and safety, especially if bolden gets healthy., linebackers im not worried about that position myself, we got way more athletic guys than shaq and pickney, they'll eventually be straight at some point, either early or later, and frierson is more athletic than finley, defensive its about whether blake baker in his 2nd year has been able to communicate 100% of what his defense is all about!

Advertisement
Favored? Against Clemson? We’d be lucky to have a 10 point spread against them in the next decade. Unless Dabo leaves.

We actually were only something like 5-6 point underdogs against Clemson in 2015. And quite a few “experts” claimed the spread was too high.

The spread in 2017 was 9.5 points.

If these guys start playing up to their potential, they could become a real dominant defense, which is why i wanted to see trevor face that 2018 defense, he would've been getting punished.

Lmao, you think that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's, who TL shredded? You guys are living in an alternate reality.

Advertisement
As others have stated already, we have to take care of the GT’s, UNC’s, and VT’s of the world. Seems we always drop games to teams we have absolutely no business losing to every year. With that said, there’s a different QB at the helm this season; one who’s stated objective is th go 12-0. If you think about that, that mentality hasn’t permeated in the halls of the Hecht for a long while now. The determination to reach that as well. D’Eriq is just a much different cat that what we’ve had at QB. Expect to see fireworks like the Louisville game. Not necessarily 56 points but that much offense on a game to game basis. We throw out a defense to the likes of the #13 ranked unit this season and I just don’t see a team that has the firepower to go toe to toe with our offense. Even so I’m thinking we’ll end up with 9-10 wins and representing the Coastal in the ACCCG. Then all bets are off, why couldn’t we go mono e mono with the Tigers? Weirder things have happened in football games before.

Lmao, you think that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's, who TL shredded? You guys are living in an alternate reality.

If you know anything about football you'd understand what i was talking about, we had the #1 pass defense in the nation, and one of the best d-lines in the nation, i could careless about what they doing over at Bama, means nothing, yall keep talking as if those teams are that much better than us. How good was Texas A&M's defense or syracuse defense, the same trevor lawrence you speak only beat those teams combined by 6 points, and only scored 28 one game and 27 the other. Who gives a ratz nickel about trevor lawrence, Bama's defense in 2018 wasnt better than ours in several categories and our 2018 defense had the odds stacked against, we had illegal feagles punting, and no offense, and our defense still did work! Nobody's worried about Clemson and the likes, that's what we here for!

If you know anything about football you'd understand what i was talking about, we had the #1 pass defense in the nation, and one of the best d-lines in the nation, i could careless about what they doing over at Bama, means nothing, yall keep talking as if those teams are that much better than us. How good was Texas A&M's defense or syracuse defense, the same trevor lawrence you speak only beat those teams combined by 6 points, and only scored 28 one game and 27 the other. Who gives a ratz nickel about trevor lawrence, Bama's defense in 2018 wasnt better than ours in several categories and our 2018 defense had the odds stacked against, we had illegal feagles punting, and no offense, and our defense still did work! Nobody's worried about Clemson and the likes, that's what we here for!

Right, I need a lesson in football when you're saying that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's because we may have had a few better statistical categories? You must not remember that the 2018 Alabama team was so dominant, many thought it was going to go down as Saban's best team ever, and had their backups in by the 2nd quarter in most games. They had 6 All-Americans on defense, our 2018 defense that was "better" had how many? I'll give you a hint, it's a number between -1 and 1. And you don't want to compare our D-lines that year. Our best was Gerald Willis who went undrafted. He is not better than Quinnen Williams who went #3 overall.
Whether you're worried about Clemson or not doesn't really matter. There's just no chance in **** we are in the realm of competing with them for the foreseeable future.

Right, I need a lesson in football when you're saying that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's because we may have had a few better statistical categories? You must not remember that the 2018 Alabama team was so dominant, many thought it was going to go down as Saban's best team ever, and had their backups in by the 2nd quarter in most games. They had 6 All-Americans on defense, our 2018 defense that was "better" had how many? I'll give you a hint, it's a number between -1 and 1. And you don't want to compare our D-lines that year. Our best was Gerald Willis who went undrafted. He is not better than Quinnen Williams who went #3 overall.
Whether you're worried about Clemson or not doesn't really matter. There's just no chance in **** we are in the realm of competing with them for the foreseeable future.

We talking about what they did in college, not where they got drafted, how many d-tackles had better statistics than gwIII, we talking about defenses, that slow methodical defensive approach that coach saban luv's to run, gets exposed consistently on the big stage, his offenses has to bail them out when they do win. Stop making yourself believe those teams are far superior to ours. They have just benefitted from having the proper structure in place longer!

Advertisement
We talking about what they did in college, not where they got drafted, how many d-tackles had better statistics than gwIII, we talking about defenses, that slow methodical defensive approach that coach saban luv's to run, gets exposed consistently on the big stage, his offenses has to bail them out when they do win. Stop making yourself believe those teams are far superior to ours. They have just benefitted from having the proper structure in place longer!

We already reviewed what they did in college re: All Americans. Nick Saban gets exposed consistently on the big stage and his offenses bail him out? That's your legit stance? We just lost to FIU, Duke, La Tech and Ga Tech and you're telling me to stop believing that Alabama and Clemson are far better. I have no words.

Maybe in 35 years.....or dabo leaves and they maybe will still bury us depending on the hire and recruits.

Sometimes I feel like we are the poor mans LSU in the ACC. LSU always falling short to Alabama but they still brought in a very good class every yr. Miami on the other hand good not great class year and year out, but cant beat Clemson and get over that hurdle. Clemson is our Alabama and we have to find a way like LSU did last year, so that we can be on top.
Its getting there but we have a long way to go before we can beat them. It might be a few years to be honest bc we just don't recruit like Clemson. Even when we won 10 games with rich **** recruiting still wasn't the best.
Never!! UM can't even compete with Duke, Gtech and not able to win their bowl games. This not 2001 guys, football program is DONE!

Advertisement
I'm not concerned with Clemson. I am more concerned with beating the teams in the Coastal we should never lose to.

I actually think this season could be the year we shock the college football world. IF King plays well, no one in the Coastal should have a prayer. Obviously, we are not on Clemson's level, but that doesn't mean we can't beat them. Just take care of the Coastal first.
Omg! You smoking some good. 😂😂😂

Different team, but we showed the nation that we can play at an elite level when we demolished Notre Dame just a short while ago. We just have a hard time of playing at that level consistently for a variety of reasons.

As for when, we won't be favored anytime soon. We handle our business and meet up, anything can happen. That doesn't mean we're a favorite, but we've got a punchers chance in a one off game. Gotta get there and see what can happen.

As long as manny and his goons on defense are around, the team will not be as successful as it could be.

We'll continue to "win" the off season and bring in high ranked recruiting classes with kids who get injured too much or are busts.

Hopefully Diaz takes off and real coaches like Lashlee and his crew can take over and have us highly competitive soon.

Advertisement
Back