When will everyone wake up?

Posters on here are mad we keep winning, while Dabo just said this.

Swinney said. "It was a sloppy win but I'd rather have a sloppy win than an ugly loss any day of the week. It's not easy to win. I know a lot of people think we are supposed to just show up and win. It's not easy to win. I'm proud of our team for handling some adversity. We haven't had much, so it was good to see."

Advertisement
There is a serious disconnect between the players and coaches. We got guys running around clueless pre-snap, busted coverages everywhere, and we still don’t know how to set an edge. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, we only gave up 14, but it could have/should have been worse. I think the rain helped us a lot in the end.
Sure, because the same rain didn't fall on them too.

Advertisement
I love 99% of the posters on this board. CIS is my home away from home. I spend more time on here than I do with my girl.

With that said, I don’t even know where to begin....

Reading the game day board takes years off my life. And yes, I know I bring that on myself, but holy **** we as a fan base need to take take a deep ******* breath.

We are an above average team, nothing more, nothing less. Wake up, my friends, and stop expecting to witness a beat down every Saturday. We are not good enough to do that. We are in the second tier of college football, along with the rest of teams ranked from 4 to 50. We’ve found a way to go 5-1 and people should celebrate that. Have some perspective — we lost to ******* FIU last year.

I know the majority of you expect better, and you should, but it’s critical to grasp reality. College football is a cesspool of parity, especially this year. I’d rather hold on to beat a bad UVA team than be Pedo State and lose to Indiana today.

We are going to have to scratch and claw to win a handful of games this year, just like any team not named Clemson, Bama, or OSU.

I know we have a ton of issues, but that was obvious a while back. I also know a lot of people believe we can just snap our fingers and all our problems will be erased. That’s not reality.

Enjoy the ride. Im thinking we’re in for another season like 2017. Don’t get all ****ed off when we don’t blow a team like Wake Forest out. Just hope we can win and hold onto our monster recruiting class. Diaz needs to get better, too. Our defense needs a complete overhaul, from coaching to scheme. But I’ll save that thread for another day.

We’re 5-1! You’re all my brothers! Enjoy a night knowing the Canes won!

P.S. the cheeks clap better after a win, if you catch my drift.
Clemson had trouble with this same team. In fact, Va put more points on them than they did on us. They're better than their record indicates. You'd think we lost the way some people are talking and you're right, I'd rather have beaten this team than lost to them like pedo being top 10 and losing to an unranked team.

My post wasn’t sunshine pumping; it was more of a reality check. There are a lot of problems with this team, but we’re not as bad as people say.
Everyone has their own version of reality. For some, they think it’s still 2001 and can't grasp the fact that we're not looking like that team. For others, they're just happy to have a winning record.
The indisputable truth is that we are 5-1 but this is not the NFL...style points matter here. Manny and every facet of this team are works in progress. That's the reality of this team. You don't have to like it. My concern is our ceiling and how much better can we truly get in the current landscape of CFB. The anti-sunshine pumpers are terrified by the possibility that we become ok with mediocrity...and I'm with them, but I also understand the difficulty and patience needed to build back up to where we want to be. The key is keeping SFl talent at UM, but we know that CFB is not setup for that.

I love 99% of the posters on this board. CIS is my home away from home. I spend more time on here than I do with my girl.

Reading the game day board takes years off my life. And yes, I know I bring that on myself, but holy **** we as a fan base need to take take a deep ******* breath.

We are an above average team, nothing more, nothing less. Wake up, my friends, and stop expecting to witness a beat down every Saturday. We are not good enough to do that. We are in the second tier of college football, along with the rest of teams ranked from 4 to 50. We’ve found a way to go 5-1 and people should celebrate that. Have some perspective — we lost to ******* FIU last year.

I know the majority of you expect better, and you should, but it’s critical to grasp reality. College football is a cesspool of parity, especially this year. I’d rather hold on to beat a bad UVA team than be Pedo State and lose to Indiana today.

We are going to have to scratch and claw to win a handful of games this year, just like any team not named Clemson, Bama, or OSU.

I know we have a ton of issues, but that was obvious a while back. I also know a lot of people believe we can just snap our fingers and all our problems will be erased. That’s not reality.

Enjoy the ride. Im thinking we’re in for another season like 2017. Don’t get all ****ed off when we don’t blow a team like Wake Forest out. Just hope we can win and hold onto our monster recruiting class. Diaz needs to get better, too. Our defense needs a complete overhaul, from coaching to scheme. But I’ll save that thread for another day.

We not blowing no teams out with legit coaches, been telling people for years, the ACC has the best coaches, alot of coaches in this conference know football and how to install what it is that they know at a high level. Case in point, this is for the mature Canes, the one thing you can already see under the norvell regime is they are going to have a legit running game. And as they develop a more versatile receiving Corp, and if travis johnson is going to be their trigger man, the foundation of they offense is starting to take shape.

At the end of the day, no matter who the coordinators are, the team is going to take on the personality of the headcoach, so the question remains, what is the personality of coach diaz........after 1 year, it's still helter skelter. We beat FSU without their headcoach, not to much to take away from that game for next year, but them boys up in trailerhassee are getting better each week.

We not blowing no teams out with legit coaches, been telling people for years, the ACC has the best coaches, alot of coaches in this conference know football and how to install what it is that they know at a high level. Case in point, this is for the mature Canes, the one thing you can already see under the norvell regime is they are going to have a legit running game. And as they develop a more versatile receiving Corp, and if travis johnson is going to be their trigger man, the foundation of they offense is starting to take shape.

At the end of the day, no matter who the coordinators are, the team is going to take on the personality of the headcoach, so the question remains, what is the personality of coach diaz........after 1 year, it's still helter skelter. We beat FSU without their headcoach, not to much to take away from that game for next year, but them boys up in trailerhassee are getting better each week.
I wouldn’t say they are getting better each week. They just got obliterated by a UL team we crushed.

Advertisement
There are nine teams who've played since September that are undefeated. Lots of flawed teams out there, we are one of them.

Everyone has their own version of reality. For some, they think it’s still 2001 and can't grasp the fact that we're not looking like that team. For others, they're just happy to have a winning record.
The indisputable truth is that we are 5-1 but this is not the NFL...style points matter here. Manny and every facet of this team are works in progress. That's the reality of this team. You don't have to like it. My concern is our ceiling and how much better can we truly get in the current landscape of CFB. The anti-sunshine pumpers are terrified by the possibility that we become ok with mediocrity...and I'm with them, but I also understand the difficulty and patience needed to build back up to where we want to be. The key is keeping SFl talent at UM, but we know that CFB is not setup for that.
This was spot on.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say they are getting better each week. They just got obliterated by a UL team we crushed.
If you are just looking at the final score you already have a flawed analysis, and we didn't "crush" Louisville. Right now, coach norvell is establishing the fundamental principles of the type team they are going to be. With the type of defense we run, if we played FSU now with coach norvell at the helm, that game would look different. Ask yourself, does Fsu have a better o-line than us, they have been gashing teams with their running game since norvell got back, they haven't had this type of rushing production since cook, but collectively they actually have a better rushing attack than when dalvin was there already.

Which means coach norvell understands the basic fundamentals of football at a high level, keep in mind, that upset over UNC was no fluke and the went toe to toe with notre shame, so here is what FSU is looking at, if their defense actually starts getting in better shape from the clown philosoohy regime, and they actually start looking similar to those FSU defenses we know about , they are already on a faster path than what coach diaz is on, because the players are already seeing what coach norvell and company is teaching actually works in games.

What helped us out was we forced FSU to have to play catch up, coach diaz better start getting involved and gain more knowledge as a headcoach, otherwise, it's gone be real problems. Don't be surprised if FSU gives Clemson a close game or even win it.

Advertisement
There’s red flags staring people in the face but they don’t want to see it.
I trust you and some of the others on the board as experts and believe your assessment that we have obvious issues with coaching. There are things that even I can see and I think most fans can too.

Problem is, we've had lots of more obvious reasons to mope about this program the last 10+ years. Asking fans to look at 2017 or this season while we are 5-1, which are the few bright spots in ages, and still be depressed about the potential that the wheels fall off soon is a tough ask.

If we can't even enjoy a season where our only loss 6 games into a season is against a team that's been in the playoffs every year, then what's the point?

There’s red flags staring people in the face but they don’t want to see it.
It goes both ways though. Are there red flags? Absolutely. UVA could have scored 31 in that game (dropped pick 6, missed FG, TD called back on 3rd and goal from the ******* 24 yardline). It's also not doom and gloom though.

Defense did make adjustments and our offense moved the ball very well. Our redzone offense was miserable and we kept trying to run into a 9 man front for some reason even though Harley and Pope were balling. We also lived in the shadow of our goalposts all night long because UVA punter was **** near perfect, so that has an effect. And it was pouring for most of the game.

Just like UVA could have put up 31, if some things go better on our end, we probably score 40. But it didn't go that way, and we do have things to address. I really want to see what adjustments we make on offense to combat these stacked boxes, and it better not include 40 inside zone runs. On defense, I get it, but the bend but don't break is torture. That's not Miami ball. Once we moved to a more aggressive single high safety look in the second half, UVA barely moved the ball.

We're 5-1, we were never going to go from losing to FIU and LA Tech to being a top 10 team. We have some really nice young players coming in last years and this years recruiting classes. I think our trajectory is right where it should be, but our expectations have become a bit lofty.

Great positive post. The real question objective fans have right now is whether we are delaying the inevitable with Manny and most of his staff? It is difficult to enjoy this ride barely beating bottom feeding ACC teams trotting out their backup QBs, and similar rides that resulted in horrific crashes these last 15 years, with this question at the forefront. Some of us get it, others continue to keep their heads in the sand and ignore this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back