When will everyone wake up?

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I love 99% of the posters on this board. CIS is my home away from home. I spend more time on here than I do with my girl.

With that said, I don’t even know where to begin....

Reading the game day board takes years off my life. And yes, I know I bring that on myself, but holy **** we as a fan base need to take take a deep ******* breath.

We are an above average team, nothing more, nothing less. Wake up, my friends, and stop expecting to witness a beat down every Saturday. We are not good enough to do that. We are in the second tier of college football, along with the rest of teams ranked from 4 to 50. We’ve found a way to go 5-1 and people should celebrate that. Have some perspective — we lost to ******* FIU last year.

I know the majority of you expect better, and you should, but it’s critical to grasp reality. College football is a cesspool of parity, especially this year. I’d rather hold on to beat a bad UVA team than be Pedo State and lose to Indiana today.

We are going to have to scratch and claw to win a handful of games this year, just like any team not named Clemson, Bama, or OSU.

I know we have a ton of issues, but that was obvious a while back. I also know a lot of people believe we can just snap our fingers and all our problems will be erased. That’s not reality.

Enjoy the ride. Im thinking we’re in for another season like 2017. Don’t get all ****ed off when we don’t blow a team like Wake Forest out. Just hope we can win and hold onto our monster recruiting class. Diaz needs to get better, too. Our defense needs a complete overhaul, from coaching to scheme. But I’ll save that thread for another day.

We’re 5-1! You’re all my brothers! Enjoy a night knowing the Canes won!

P.S. the cheeks clap better after a win, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agrew with everything except the defense, they played great.
They held Virginia to the lowest scoring total of the season.
There is a serious disconnect between the players and coaches. We got guys running around clueless pre-snap, busted coverages everywhere, and we still don’t know how to set an edge. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, we only gave up 14, but it could have/should have been worse. I think the rain helped us a lot in the end.

There is a serious disconnect between the players and coaches. We got guys running around clueless pre-snap, busted coverages everywhere, and we still don’t know how to set an edge. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, we only gave up 14, but it could have/should have been worse. The think the rain helped us a lot in the end.

Could've, should've would've goes both ways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love 99% of the posters on this board. CIS is my home away from home. I spend more time on here than I do with my girl.

Reading the game day board takes years off my life. And yes, I know I bring that on myself, but holy **** we as a fan base need to take take a deep ******* breath.

We are an above average team, nothing more, nothing less. Wake up, my friends, and stop expecting to witness a beat down every Saturday. We are not good enough to do that. We are in the second tier of college football, along with the rest of teams ranked from 4 to 50. We’ve found a way to go 5-1 and people should celebrate that. Have some perspective — we lost to ******* FIU last year.

I know the majority of you expect better, and you should, but it’s critical to grasp reality. College football is a cesspool of parity, especially this year. I’d rather hold on to beat a bad UVA team than be Pedo State and lose to Indiana today.

We are going to have to scratch and claw to win a handful of games this year, just like any team not named Clemson, Bama, or OSU.

I know we have a ton of issues, but that was obvious a while back. I also know a lot of people believe we can just snap our fingers and all our problems will be erased. That’s not reality.

Enjoy the ride. Im thinking we’re in for another season like 2017. Don’t get all ****ed off when we don’t blow a team like Wake Forest out. Just hope we can win and hold onto our monster recruiting class. Diaz needs to get better, too. Our defense needs a complete overhaul, from coaching to scheme. But I’ll save that thread for another day.

Respectfully disagree...we are not an "above average team".
We are an average team. JMO

Speaking of Wake...that team will maul us
Or, get this... they won’t. 🤯

I know, crazy to think about.

OP is spot on. Any person that thinks the Kentucky/Indiana/Wakes of the world will walk out there and beat anyone on any day - let alone us, a decent team with a lot of talent - doesn’t watch much football.

(BYU is pretty ***cing good though)

Advertisement

The problem is we are watching 3 hours of terrible football. It’s really hard to sunshine pump that.

Respectfully disagree...we are not an "above average team".
We are an average team. JMO
Our record says we are above average. And that doesn’t mean I’m ignoring the problems. It just means that Ultimately a team is what it’s record is. So right now, we are above average because we are 5-1. That could change by the end of the season, but I doubt it. I see us finishing 3-2 and being as good or better than any opponent, which again makes us above average. But WAY above average, but above.
‘Average is what it is, 3-3.

Advertisement
The problem is we are watching 3 hours of terrible football. It’s really hard to sunshine pump that.
I’d counter that by saying there were parts of the game that excited me and had me thinking I was watching another team, a much better team. The problem with the Canes remains consistency. They can’t get out of their own way. A couple nice plays and then a drop, or a penalty, or a dumb playcall.

I will say that I’m enjoying watching the games much more than the last 2 years, for whatever that’s worth. The product is better overall, even though most people recognize we have a long way to go.

Our record says we are above average. And that doesn’t mean I’m ignoring the problems. It just means that Ultimately a team is what it’s record is. So right now, we are above average because we are 5-1. That could change by the end of the season, but I doubt it. I see us finishing 3-2 and being as good or better than any opponent, which again makes us above average. But WAY above average, but above.
‘Average is what it is, 3-3.
Maybe..but our play doesn't show me that.
Can we beat everyone left on our schedule...maybe. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lose few games.
We'll see. I hope they surprise me.

So don’t. Game was a mess. Left points on the field. We won. Not sure that’s pumping sunshine. It’s also not incessantly whining about everything.

The two previously most common things to ***** about improved tonight: WRs stepped up and Payton played a lot with the others out. LB replacements got a ton of burn.

Obviously Sherlock
No one said we could win the ship with this squad. It will take time to catch up to those top tier teams, but we are more talented than the rest of the ACC teams we play. Recruiting rankings will show it, and we didn’t just choose all over rated guys every recruiting class. The coaching here is trash af. Wake forest put up 40 on UVA, 40!!!
They don’t even have one 4* guy on their roster!!! They scheme better on both sides of the ball than we do but our talent won the game because they out talented UVA but we got outcoached again.

Advertisement
Back