When will everyone wake up?

How many times have we started 5-1 or better in the last 15 years. Three times maybe? Celebrate the small steps this program is taking we're headed in the right direction

Advertisement
There is a serious disconnect between the players and coaches. We got guys running around clueless pre-snap, busted coverages everywhere, and we still don’t know how to set an edge. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, we only gave up 14, but it could have/should have been worse. I think the rain helped us a lot in the end.
There is literally no conceivable way an edge can be set with Zach McCloud on the field.

A mathematics dissertation could not lay out a way to take a worse angle than him. I cannot believe he gets playing time.

There is literally no conceivable way an edge can be set with Zach McCloud on the field.

A mathematics dissertation could not lay out a way to take a worse angle than him. I cannot believe he gets playing time.
The LBs are the most glaring issue, but our defensive ends also do a **** job of setting the edge. They may be some of our best players, but for some reason our coaches can’t get them to stay disciplined. It’s disheartening.

The LBs are the most glaring issue, but our defensive ends also do a **** job of setting the edge. They may be some of our best players, but for some reason our coaches can’t get them to stay disciplined. It’s disheartening.
I think there is a ton of freelancing and compensation for our horrible LBs. And they are god awful.

Advertisement
I know some TF were out for COVID protocol, but the downer even from a win like this is that we often see sub-par execution and performance from several starting veterans, that keep us at or barely above average, and not blow anyone out. We do not grow when these folks play so much, and no coaching schemes or prep is going to make them that much better.

Maybe the younger or newer guys won't ever be performance stars either, but I would feel much better about the games, and especially the wins, if we were also giving them more PT and chances. Then we might approach something way above mediocrity sooner rather than later. And sadly, I'm thinking TVD or someone instead of King would be a major step in that direction, from what we've recently been seeing.

I know some TF were out for COVID protocol, but the downer even from a win like this is that we often see sub-par execution and performance from several starting veterans, that keep us at or barely above average, and not blow anyone out. We do not grow when these folks play so much, and no coaching schemes or prep is going to make them that much better.

Maybe the younger or newer guys won't ever be performance stars either, but I would feel much better about the games, and especially the wins, if we were also giving them more PT and chances. Then we might approach something way above mediocrity sooner rather than later. And sadly, I'm thinking TVD or someone instead of King would be a major step in that direction, from what we've recently been seeing.
Some position groups are really holding us back, but I also blame the coaches for some of the mental errors. That **** needs to be cleaned up.

Advertisement

When will everyone wake up?​

Water-bottle-sleeping-prank.gif

wtf, oh we good we are in the second Tier of teams ranked 4-50....

My freind, the number 4 team in the nation would sodomize us...
Who is that....UGA? Okay, maybe. After that, you got teams like Oklahoma State and Notre Dame. If you don’t think we would have a chance to beat those teams, I don’t know what to tell you.

How many times have we started 5-1 or better in the last 15 years. Three times maybe? Celebrate the small steps this program is taking we're headed in the right direction
It’s just a number that doesn’t tell the story. We are not 5-1 because we actually good. I don’t think you all actually watch the gameplay, you just check the score at the end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im okay with criticism but i am also okay with being real. I was at marlins park last year and this team is night and day better. Some of our fans just like complaining more than winning. They complain about the best qb we have had since dorsey. They complain abt a defense that gave up 14 points and it should have been 7. They just want to keep talking about standards and butch davis. I got news for ya its not 2000. Quit thinking miami is just going to roll out there and demolish most of these teams. I had an FSU fan tell me they shouldn’t be in a fight with louisville before the game. I had to remind him these kids do not care in 2020 what fsu did in 2004. Lots of stuff to fix but much better to win and fix it.

Advertisement
Back