When Miami smashes Clemson in the ACC Title Game...

Any connection we’ve had to a former coach/program, we’ve done awful.
-UNC (Searles used to be O-line coach. Manny used to work under Mack. Lost that game)
-CMU (Enos used to be head coach there. Almost lost that game. Beyond embarrassing)
-FIU (Butch wanted the Miami job badly. And beats Miami lol...)
-La Tech (Baker used to coach there. They shut us out)

We start off the year in 2020 with temple. We know the connection/history with that program. Manny taking the head coaching job there, Miami taking Roche from them. There should be no focus on the ACC championship game. That’s a joke. 100% need to be focused on Temple. We have superior talent and *should* smoke them but history suggests otherwise.

Advertisement
Why are people licking Clemsons sack?

Thwy didn’t look particularly good last season
They lost 4 out 5 starting offensive lineman from last year, which nobody talks about. And we know they lost Justyn Ross for the season. Don’t see a team beating them in the regular season (except maybe Notre dame). 11-1 at worst for them in regular season. Miami can compete with them this year (I didn’t say win). Canes have the athletes and the QB this year to do so.

Advertisement
Idiocy??....You Punk Bi*ch...I forgot more about UM FB than your stupid *** will ever know....Go run along with your stupidity...Know who you're talkin too before running your Dumb *** mouth...
LMFAO, you mad there, cupcake?
GTFOH, stick with what you good at, before you strain something

I’m with the “beat Temple” crowd. Respectfully to anyone who thinks we run the table or beat Clemson in the championship game, it’s fun to dream. I can still hear the stadium as we crush ND in 2017. Anything can happen. Last season everything that could go wrong did. Hopefully this season is the polar opposite. I hope we start the season 1-0 and continue to find our way back into the conversation permanently.

Advertisement
LMFAO, you mad there, cupcake?
GTFOH, stick with what you good at, before you strain something
Cupcake??....I've got your Cupcake hanging below my waistline F-boy.....Mad??...Nah...just Nauseated reading your Hypothetical BS Porsts....Take that stupid ***gotry elsewhere...

OP is clearly being over-optimistic here but I’ll take ridiculous optimism over the losers who are already hedging their bets saying we’re going to suck. Nothing worse than the mope who cries about how terrible the team is and then jumps on the band wagon when they start to win. Just give up already.

OP is clearly being over-optimistic here but I’ll take ridiculous optimism over the losers who are already hedging their bets saying we’re going to suck. Nothing worse than the mope who cries about how terrible the team is and then jumps on the band wagon when they start to win. Just give up already.
Your posts add value to this site. Especially these days.

Advertisement

That's what doesn't get talked about enough on this forum. This hoe *** fanbase is literally filled with fair weather fans & groupies like Nevin Shapiro. After the ACC championship game in Dec. the dyck suckers will come out in droves. Just watch

That's what doesn't get talked about enough on this forum. This hoe *** fanbase is literally filled with fair weather fans & groupies like Nevin Shapiro. After the ACC championship game in Dec. the dyck suckers will come out in droves. Just watch
It's like half this forum exists to hate everything about the program. Look, we all want the glory days again. But also, this program has been mediocre for most of it's existence. Maybe the glory days never come back, I'm still a fan. I've taken s**t from Penn State fans up here forever. I've also run into the random guy who said "we'll be back" and gave me a fist bump in a bar in the mid 90's.

It's like half this forum exists to hate everything about the program. Look, we all want the glory days again. But also, this program has been mediocre for most of it's existence. Maybe the glory days never come back, I'm still a fan. I've taken s**t from Penn State fans up here forever. I've also run into the random guy who said "we'll be back" and gave me a fist bump in a bar in the mid 90's.

Every program goes through its downs

Bama
USC
OSU
Texas
ND

It takes one good coaching hire to change everything. We got lucky in the 80/90 that we essentially hit on Schnell, Jimmy, Erickson (though he started the downward trend) and Butch.

Whens the last time a program hit on 4 coaches in a row?

Advertisement
Facts

Insane

Every off-season....the hype for every cfb fan base at this time of year.
I think you can make the argument that no team had more of transformative offseason (for the positive) than Miami.

Had the Hurricanes not made fundamental changes, and prior to the King et al transferring in, I had posted my prediction back in December that Miami would go 4-8 this season and average 13.5 points per game.

Every program goes through its downs

Bama
USC
OSU
Texas
ND

It takes one good coaching hire to change everything. We got lucky in the 80/90 that we essentially hit on Schnell, Jimmy, Erickson (though he started the downward trend) and Butch.

Whens the last time a program hit on 4 coaches in a row?
Living in Austin, I've seen firsthand how a program can fall off and how difficult it can be - even with nearly unlimited resources - to bring it back.

The Longhorns trended downward from 2010 - 2014 under Mack Brown. Lacking an NFL-level quarterback like Vince Young and Colt McCoy, and facing programs on the rise such as Baylor and Oklahoma State, UT had challenges that they had never faced before and went into decline. Charlie Strong was brought in and with great hype, and his tenure closed three years later with a catastrophic loss to Kansas State. Tom Herman was then brought in with great acclaim, and three years later a very talented Longhorns team went only 8-5.

Bringing in a Nick Saban or Urban Meyer to instantly turn around a program is an exception.

I mean look, I’m realistic and I understand football but there’s people here who literally ONLY crap on the team, coaches, admins and everything involved with the program. If you’re soooo positive the program is garbage and will never be good, why bother being a fan? I mean off season optimism is a part of every fan base. There’s legitimate reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season. The whole “we were optimistic before and it backfired” idea is ridiculous because circumstances, players and coaches are changing . It’s like saying “I had a 1974 Chevy Nova and it was a piece of crap so why should I assume any car I ever buy won’t be a piece of crap too”

I think King's experience is going to be so important because he's already run a very similar offense. And the most important position on the offense won't need as much adjustment.
True, having King is going to pay dividends galore but not out of the gate. He can’t do it all himself - as much as we all would like to believe he can. He’ll need timing with the RB/TE/WR groups and an OL that can assemble a blocking scheme. For that I think out of the gate we’ll need to rely on the defense. It’s been applied for multiple years now and all the players have knowledge of how to play in it. I think they’ll carry the day, plus enough offense, to beat Temple. I just don’t see a 45-10 ish type score. If we get that I’ll be a happy camper.

Advertisement
Back